shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Mark T Cushion Masterpiece in the works!!! Advice welcome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally, the ring with the surprise stones look awful high to me. I''ve got 3 little one''s and wouldn''t be able to wear it if I were trying to fit it into my lifestyle/daily routine.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 3:18:12 PM
Author: mrssalvo
personally, the ring with the surprise stones look awful high to me. I''ve got 3 little one''s and wouldn''t be able to wear it if I were trying to fit it into my lifestyle/daily routine.
I agree. We didn''t like it at all. we are leaning towards the one without the surprise stone at the moment.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
So I walked into HW today on my lunch break to check what the real thing looked like. They had a 1.57ct on display. It was very nice, but not spectacular. The stone was clearly a modified cushion brilliant - the crushed ice kind. And as far as the mount, it was very delicate and beautiful, but I noticed that the stones on the donut are actually ON TOP of the donut (under the center stone) and not on the sides of the donut.

I went to one of Angelainjapan''s photos and it''s that way with hers too. Does this interfere with how the center stone looks from above? Would you recommend this vs having paves set on the sides of the donut? I figured having them set on top would help avoid any rubbing issues with the wedding band, because it would now be metal against metal. Any thoughts?

hwmount.JPG

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 1:30:38 PM
Author: ddcha
So I walked into HW today on my lunch break to check what the real thing looked like. They had a 1.57ct on display. It was very nice, but not spectacular. The stone was clearly a modified cushion brilliant - the crushed ice kind. And as far as the mount, it was very delicate and beautiful, but I noticed that the stones on the donut are actually ON TOP of the donut (under the center stone) and not on the sides of the donut.

I went to one of Angelainjapan''s photos and it''s that way with hers too. Does this interfere with how the center stone looks from above? Would you recommend this vs having paves set on the sides of the donut? I figured having them set on top would help avoid any rubbing issues with the wedding band, because it would now be metal against metal. Any thoughts?
Wouldn''t the wedding band sit lower than the halo? In which case the WB will not be rubbing against the pave set diamonds.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 2:23:59 PM
Author: DiamondFlame

Wouldn''t the wedding band sit lower than the halo? In which case the WB will not be rubbing against the pave set diamonds.
I''m referring to the donut below the halo.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:09:06 PM

Date: 4/14/2009 2:23:59 PM

Wouldn't the wedding band sit lower than the halo? In which case the WB will not be rubbing against the pave set diamonds.
I'm referring to the donut below the halo.
My bad. I'm not a fan of this design but yeah, if you set the melee on the top of the donut that should help prevent rubbing as long as the girdles don't stick out. Without a side profile I can't tell if the 'donut' protrudes from the shanks in which case you won't be ablle to have that WB sitting flushed agst this ring.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 1:34:47 PM
sideshot
OOh that will be gorgeous.. can''t wait to see what your finish product will look like

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:15:45 PM

My bad. I''m not a fan of this design but yeah, if you set the melee on the top of the donut that should help prevent rubbing as long as the girdles don''t stick out. Without a side profile I can''t tell if the ''donut'' protrudes from the shanks in which case you won''t be ablle to have that WB sitting flushed agst this ring.
very good points. thanks for your input!

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:23:03 PM
Author: dannyandterry
OOh that will be gorgeous.. can''t wait to see what your finish product will look like
thank you, we hope so too, although we''re having trouble deciding on the mount. Hope to decide by tonight.

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 7:51:34 PM

Date: 4/8/2009 7:00:48 PM
Author: vgirl17
Gorgeous stone and setting!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The setting looks similar to the one I'm having made except mine will have a surprise pink sapphire on each side :)
sounds great! do you have any renderings? Who's making it?
Sorry I just saw this post :) We're having a jeweler that one of our friends worked with here in S.F. do the ring. It should be done by this weekend so if all goes well I'll take pics as soon as I get it. He doesn't do renderings but our ring is a combination of a modified HW setting and the Tiffany Legacy. I'll attach the pics of what we gave him to go off of. I know it won't look exactly the same but we just want him to get close to this 'look' with my ring.

VGirlsCushionRingSpecs.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
that''s very helpful veronica. thank you!

ddcha

Shiny_Rock

So the CADs are in. The band will be 2mm. Asked for the basket or "donut" underneath the stone to be same shape as the halo and reduced the size a little so that the wedding band would rest on it so that the wedding band can rest on it and leave a 2mm gap. So when worn together, would see 2mm band from the ering, 2mm skin, and 2mm wedding band. I hope that makes sense. Total ct weight would be about 0.6ct.

Should I specify stone sizes for the halo vs. the band? What about melee size? Comfort fit band? Am I being too detailed? Any advice or comments welcome!

cad1a.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
another view

cad2a.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
another view

cad3a.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
last of 4

cad4a.JPG

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 4:40:34 PM

Should I specify stone sizes for the halo vs. the band? What about melee size? Comfort fit band? Am I being too detailed? Any advice or comments welcome!

Wow. From the CAD, it's going to be gorgeous. Nothing wrong with being detail-oriented as long as your jeweler is ok with it. The size of the melee often depends on the width of the halo/band. If they are of the same width, the melees are likely to be of equivalent size. What is your preference?
And have you decided on the type of wedding band yet? From the side profile I could see melee diamonds on the sides of the 'donut'. I take it you're aware that your WB is likely to rub against these pave set diamonds?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow it looks like it''s going to be gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Your CADs look fantastic! I agree with you on the shape of the doughnut. I don''t know why they don''t automatically do that anyway??? I can''t wait to see the ring finished! Mine is supposed to be done this week. I was supposed to have it already but my jeweler needed a couple more days
7.gif
I''m getting nervous and hope it turns out good! Do you know what size melee he plans on using??

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 5:35:46 PM
Author: vgirl17
Your CADs look fantastic! I agree with you on the shape of the doughnut. I don''t know why they don''t automatically do that anyway??? I can''t wait to see the ring finished! Mine is supposed to be done this week. I was supposed to have it already but my jeweler needed a couple more days
7.gif
I''m getting nervous and hope it turns out good! Do you know what size melee he plans on using??
thanks for all your kind comments! I don''t have all the details yet. I asked him to give me the full CAD details with everything from the stone size, number, measurements, melee size, etc. I''m sure yours will look great! I can''t wait to see your photos too!

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 5:27:41 PM

Wow. From the CAD, it''s going to be gorgeous. Nothing wrong with being detail-oriented as long as your jeweler is ok with it. The size of the melee often depends on the width of the halo/band. If they are of the same width, the melees are likely to be of equivalent size. What is your preference?
And have you decided on the type of wedding band yet? From the side profile I could see melee diamonds on the sides of the ''donut''. I take it you''re aware that your WB is likely to rub against these pave set diamonds?
I didn''t ask for the same size. Do you have a recommendation?

Wedding band will simply be an eternity band that matches the band on the e-ring. Yes, I''m aware that the WB is likely to rub against the pave set diamonds. Mark T says that he''s never had problems with them and if I do, then he''ll take care of it. Do you feel strongly otherwise?

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
One size for halo. Another for band. Or both the same size if the halo width is the same as the band. I don''t have a preference but I know some who do. Most importantly is how you feel about it.

Re: WBs rubbing against pave set melee, there are those who fear the possibility of damond girdles on WBs scratching against the tables of diamonds set on the donut''s sides. But this presents less of a problem in well set eternity bands...
26.gif

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
So the only thing we ended up changing is adding 4 stones to the donut (2 on each side) that can be seen from the side view. Like this.

cad6a.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
one more shot - bird''s eye view! I think this is it. We''re going to go into casting. Any last minute advice? Haven''t given Mark the Go yet.

cad5a.JPG

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
It looks fantastic! Go for it! I''m sure it will be beautiful!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
It looks amazing!!

As far as the diamonds on the donut go, I have some there, and the odd time I try to wear a wb next to it, I feel like it does some damage. It is almost like it has squished the platinum beads so they are flat and I get all nervous so I stop.

However, if Mark says he''ll take care of it, go for it!

I love the added interest diamond-donuts give a ring :)

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pics! I just recently got engaged on March 28th with a Mark T. ring. Trust him, he''s wonderful and especially with pics like these, it will be great. My fiancee went off of ideas and what he and Mark choose together. He had no CAD or anything and it turned out wonderful. I also like Leon Mege designs and it truly came out beautiful. It looks here like you''ve got a great ring in the works.

Here''s mine if you''d like a peek :)
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-mark-turnowski-beauty.111474/

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:23:03 PM
Author: D&T
Date: 4/8/2009 1:34:47 PM

sideshot

Ditto!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did a great job with the ring, I think it''s going to be perfect!
36.gif

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all your replies! I got this CAD in late last night. This with the matching eternity band! I will confirm one last time with Mark that the girdle of the stones in the wb won''t damage the tables of the stones in the donut. Then it''s done!

bothrings2.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Any update? Did you get the ring yet? Can''t wait to see pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results