shape
carat
color
clarity

Another dress shopping excursion - pics too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have gone dress shopping a few times before, and i posted some pics - overwhelmingly, the vote was for the Phillipa (maggie sottero), but when i went back to try it on again, i was bothered by the fact that i think it would be impossible to sit down in it since it''s so fitted. If you want to see the old thread, look here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dress-shopping-with-pics.99229/

This time, my mom went with me... I was astounded at how different someone could look in one dress to another - some really made me look thinner and some REALLY DID NOT
28.gif
. Here''s the thing - out of these dresses i am going to post, i really liked a couple of them. My favorite dress was out of my price range, so i wanted to get your opinions to make sure it''s not so much better i must cave in and get it - FYI, i think i still have a few shopping trips left before we choose.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated...thanks so much!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was a halter dress by Casablanca - i typically am not a fan of halters on me personally. But i loved the shape of this dress in the skirt, a very slim A-line. it was hard to find, since my mom kept going for the BIGGER skirts! This (as was the case with many) was not my size, so i apologize for the panty lines and the clips on the back....

casablancahalterfront.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the back - again...apologies for the bra showing :)

casablancahalter246.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2 - Another Casablanca - my mom picked this one, and although i know it is flattering to the waistline, i didn't like how large and heavy the skirt and train were....my mom loved it, however.

casablancafront346.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The back of the bigger casablanca dress...very big train.

casablancaback346.JPG

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I have to be totally honest and say that I am not loving the first dress, it does nothing for your beautiful figure. I do like the second dress though, it''s flattering and very nice!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A maggie sottero - front. ivory with slight irridescent beading here and there....

maggiesfront123.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EDIT: SORRY! LETS CALL THIS ONE #3 (OR THE MAGGIE SINCE IT WAS THE ONLY ONE)

The back of the maggie....it would be one size bigger if i ordered it...it's pulling a little.

maggiesback124.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#4.

Oh yet another casablanca - again, not my size so i couldn't tell...my sister liked this one.

ruchingfrontcasablanca.JPG

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I like the Maggie best
9.gif
If you don''t mind me asking, what is the is the style name for that dress?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#5.

This is the ever popular Casablanca (i guess i like them?) ala neatfreak and harleigh, among others...it was about 3 sizes too small and there really is a lovely, very tiny (short) sales associate behind me in this picture, although you can't see her. One of my bridesmaids loved this one....i'll tell you my opinion later.

casablancavneckfront.JPG

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Oops, I just realized I may be posting before you are done putting up the pictures! I will check back in a bit and see if the Maggie still gets my vote
2.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#6 - LAST ONE!!

This was an alfred angelo, dropped waist dress - there are crinolines underneath it and i would definitely take them out.

OK ladies....lay it on me!

(and don't be afraid to be honest, because there are a couple i REALLY don't like....but i'll tell you after you tell me)

p.s. my wedding is scheduled for December (if that matters at all).

Thanks so much!!!

alfredangelo2398.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
The maggie!! the rouching is really flattering and it doesn''t have the huge skirt (which I agree with your mom - it looks beautiful! but if it''s not your style, it''s not your style :)

second choice is the one your sister liked - but I''m not sure I like the neckline as much (I just like how it wraps at the waist)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:01:31 AM
Author: violet3
A maggie sottero - front. ivory with slight irridescent beading here and there....
I think that this one... with maybe a sweetheart neckline instead is really flattering to your fabulous body shape.
Also - I think that the "famous" Casablanca looks great on you as well.

I also like the one I did from the previous thread as well.
1.gif
Geez .. I''m no help.

If you''re heart is not with the ones your mom loves, no matter how wonderful they look on you, they will not make you "feel" fabulous. Go with what you love!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 12:01:15 AM
Author: honey22
I have to be totally honest and say that I am not loving the first dress, it does nothing for your beautiful figure. I do like the second dress though, it''s flattering and very nice!!
Hey honey22! Thanks - i appreciate the honest opinion - i really do. I agree with you - that halter looked rather nice in person we thought, but the pictures were really not! the second dress was probably my mom''s 2nd favorite...i am still thinking it''s too big in the skirt. we''ll see...

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 12:07:23 AM
Author: Winslet
I like the Maggie best
9.gif
If you don''t mind me asking, what is the is the style name for that dress?
Hey! no problem - check out the others and let me know if you like them....i wish i could tell you the name, but there isn''t one...it''s a limited edition, so you can''t find it on the maggie website at all (or most places on the internet) and not every store can get one - only certain stores. i didn''t write it down (all i know is it''s a number, not a name) and i wish i had!

There is that exact one on preownedweddingdresses.com right now, but it''s a size 0....not my size at all!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 12:20:42 AM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 2/11/2009 12:01:31 AM
Author: violet3
I think that this one... with maybe a sweetheart neckline instead is really flattering to your fabulous body shape.
Also - I think that the ''famous'' Casablanca looks great on you as well.

I also like the one I did from the previous thread as well.
1.gif
Geez .. I''m no help.

If you''re heart is not with the ones your mom loves, no matter how wonderful they look on you, they will not make you ''feel'' fabulous. Go with what you love!!
Hi Elmorton and Sparkalicious!!!
35.gif

thanks ladies - that maggie was nice looking - i didn''t pick it out, she just brought it to me based on what i liked (i love when they do that).

And the casablanca i have been dying to try on forever since i keep seeing it on all the lovely ladies around here
28.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I love Dress 2. Your mom has the right idea--it is beautiful and so figure-flattering. I like how it emphasizes your teeny waist (you lucky ladies with hourglass figures!). My second choice would probably be the Alfred Angelo.

mjso

Shiny_Rock
I am voting for the second one (the one your mom likes). Although I am partially biased because I'm a Casablanca bride (1902).

That being said, if you think its too big/too much then its probably not the dress for you. You have to feel amazing in it.

If it is just the heaviness of it and not necessarily the size/length, ask if they can take a layer out of it. My wedding is in May, on the beach and the saleslady at my salon felt that there was too much fabric in the skirt and it would be too heavy, so when she ordered it from Casablanca she asked them to remove one of the layers of fabric (sorry I can't be more specific, I'm bad at dress stuff!) and they said it wouldn't be a problem and that a lot of brides were asking them to take out one of the layers. Basically there was the layer of fabric on the top, then a double layer lining of like silk and something else and they are taking out the something else layer for me.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 12:50:32 AM
Author: kittybean
I love Dress 2. Your mom has the right idea--it is beautiful and so figure-flattering. I like how it emphasizes your teeny waist (you lucky ladies with hourglass figures!). My second choice would probably be the Alfred Angelo.
Thanks Kittybean and mjso! I agree - when i look at the photos, i completely get it...it looks so pretty. But somehow, when i was trying it on, it just felt SO not me....i don''t know.... I am going to keep it in mind anyway, because it really was pretty.

Kittybean - the alfred angelo was a delightful material in person...really it just shimmered. my sister loved that one too ;-)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I like #2 and #5. You look fantastic in #2. It is very becoming and gives you that hour-glass-tiny-waist look. #5 is very nice too and in your size I think the gathering would relax some. The bodice is very becoming on you. The V elongates your neckline. The straight across strapless style can give the illusion of broadness.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
3 or 5 either one I think you would look amazing in I can''t pick atm between either both a beautiful :).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Maggie is the only one I like. And I too would like the neckline softened with a dip. The others do nothing for you IMO, I''d say keep looking.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I really like #3, but if it had a sweetheart neckline, I would LOVE it!
30.gif
Dress 7 in your other thread, without the halter, is great, too. I think it is what makes me love you in the sweetheart neckline.

I also like #5, but it is pretty similar to my dress, so I might be biased.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 1:02:46 AM
Author: swingirl
I like #2 and #5. You look fantastic in #2. It is very becoming and gives you that hour-glass-tiny-waist look. #5 is very nice too and in your size I think the gathering would relax some. The bodice is very becoming on you. The V elongates your neckline. The straight across strapless style can give the illusion of broadness.
Ditto swingirl. Both are very flattering and elegant. Between the two, I''m leaning towards #5 because it seem to be a bit more flattering... and because of your reservations about #2.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Okay... hands-down... Maggie. DEFINITELY the most flattering out of all of them. Your bod looked FAB.

That being said...and don''t take offense...I think you can still do better! I don''t know exaaactly what type of gown you''re looking for, and I know you were concerned about sitting in the other maggie gown, but a form-fitting shape seems to be the best way to show off your rocking curves. Keep at the hunt! I hope that it''s still FUN for you. Don''t let it become frustrating!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
#2 gets my vote. It looks great on you, Violet.

(#1, #3, and #4 sit too high on your torso IMO. I like #5, but it is not as flattering on your figure as #2. #6 might be pretty, but that fabric photographs terribly-- which is not a trait one wants when one is spending thousands of dollars on event photography.
2.gif
)

Curious to hear how you''re leaning!
f-d-l

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The Maggie, hands down. Its LOVELY on you!! The Alfred Angelo would be my second choice. The others don''t really speak to me as much as those two.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
The Maggie. Hands down. Beautiful!
emotion-19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results