shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Anniversary Asscher

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
My DH commissioned GOG to help find me an asscher for our anniversary. We called in 2 stones, one with 3 crown and pavilion steps, and another with 5 pavilion and 4 crown steps. I wasn''t sure about the extra facets in a smaller stone but the people at GOG said it was beautiful and quite a bit brighter than the other stone we had brought in so we went ahead and bought it and as soon as I opened the box I was in love. The stone is now sitting at the jeweler while his new home is being made and to calm my withdrawal I thought I would post some pictures.

I hope you all enjoy!

Specs:
0.90, G, VS1 5.24-5.29
polish/symmetry VG/VG
depth: 68.06%
table: 62.50%
crown height: 15.8%

aDSCN6195small.jpg

This picture shows the stones fairly heavy rear end pretty well. It's definitely hiding a lot of carat weight and it's obvious in the spread, but the stone was priced accordingly.

aDSCN6237small.jpg

Looking very bright

aDSCN6273small.jpg

Attempting to get a good shot of the facets

aDSCN5969small.jpg

Last one for tonight, some rainbows!

aDSCN6261small.jpg

OMG! That stone is beautiful! Wow.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

GORGEOUS!!!!!! How do you plan to set it? Congrats on your anniversary!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ooooh pretty

What a bright and gorgeous stone! Congratulations. Can''t wait to see it in its new home!

yumm
18.gif

wow

OMG it''s gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
GOG strikes again!

Very beautiful! There are a ton of rainbow flashes.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
wow

Wow!!!
30.gif

GORGEOUS! Absolutely STUNNING! Congratulations! Wear it in health and happiness!!!
36.gif

Gorgeous.
36.gif

your stone is stunning!! i love the extra steps! congratulations! :)

That stone is a beaut - how will you wear it?

Thanks for the nice comments everyone
4.gif

I actually dont know how it will be set. When we got engaged I already had a stone and setting in mind, so I pretty much just pointed and said "buy me this one", so DH is designing this one on his own. My only request was to leave the gallery open so I could see the side of the stone better. We had been looking at halos before I got the stone, but I think it would be too much for this particular asscher. So I''ll find out in a few weeks. And then there will be another onslaught of pictures

What a beautiful stone! I can''t wait for the finished product
30.gif

OH MY WHAT A STONE!!!!! It is fabulous, congrats and happy Anni!!!!!!!

With the extra steps does that makes this diamond more like a royal asscher?

Gorgepus Asscher. I can''t wait to see what your hubby designs for the setting. Happy Anniversary!!

Wow! That is gorgeous!!!

Date: 3/28/2009 12:50:33 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Gorgepus Asscher. I can''t wait to see what your hubby designs for the setting. Happy Anniversary!!
Ditto!!!
36.gif

Gorgeous stone! What settings are you considering?

WOW!!!!!! Your new Asscher is just jaw droppingly gorgeous!!!!!! I can NOT wait to see what your husband has designed for it!

It''s gorgeous, congrats!

That is gorgeous!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP