shape
carat
color
clarity

Anniv upgrade H&A eternity bands w/ D stone

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
mdmc|1356930502|3343321 said:
Love how the bands interlock on each side. Congrats and enjoy.
Thanks so much! They really have been fun to wear, which concerned me at times during the design-phase because I wasn't sure how things would ultimately turn out. I really appreciate your looking at my pics and taking the time to be so kind! Thanks again, and Happy New Year.
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Just one more pic of the 3 interlocking bands .... well, for 2012 at least :naughty:. Happy New Year!

roxy_3ring_0.jpg

himni

Shiny_Rock
I just love your wedding set! I saw the video on youtube and omg its just beautiful. Right now I have a cushion center stone but I do plan on getting an oval one day. Hopefully you can post some outdoor pictures of your set

imspecializd

Rough_Rock
love it! beautiful design! Congrats!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
himni|1357539383|3349260 said:
I just love your wedding set! I saw the video on youtube and omg its just beautiful. Right now I have a cushion center stone but I do plan on getting an oval one day. Hopefully you can post some outdoor pictures of your set
THANKS SO MUCH for the compliments Himni!! I'm really enjoying it & am starting to get the hang of taking pics w/ my cell phone. I'll be happy to post some outdoor pics, thanks for asking.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
The fire from a sun shot is crazy sometimes.

roxy_fire_green.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Tried to get a shot of the profile in the sun but ended up in the shade. :wacko:

roxy_outside_shade.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
imspecializd|1357558182|3349321 said:
love it! beautiful design! Congrats!
Thank you for your kind words & interest! I really appreciate it!!!! :wavey:
I have two more outdoor shots that I wanted to share with those that are interested ....

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting blue flare ....

roxy_outside_fireblue.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
And another trying to capture all three rings together ...

roxy_3ring_set_outside.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful set. I LOVE your bands and I can't see the difference in color - they are so blingily blindingly sparkly! Your D stone is gorgeous, but the whole set looks like D to me! :bigsmile: Wow.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Minous, thanks for your wonderful comments! I've always admired your avatar ring, so your positive feedback means a lot!

You'd mentioned the center stone color vs the color of the melee & the experts are right. If you plan to surround your center stone w/ melee (via eternity bands or halos) you need to be cautious when making your final choices WRT the color of the center stone.

I originally planned to set my old (I color) stone into the new GOG eternity bands & it was a disaster because the tint from the "I" center stone was horribly apparent. As you noted, the melee show up whiter because they're so small & since we upgraded them to H&A, the contrast between the center & melee stones was too much for me to deal with.

So DH insisted that we get a whiter (& better performing center stone). That's why I now have a "D" stone, that matches wonderfully w/ the smaller H&A melee. I have to admit though I didn't expect the melee to be THIS white, so that's been an added bonus.

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
Holy Bling Roxy! LOVE your set.
I have a question regarding one of your posts regarding wearing two eternity bands.
The novela setting that I have has two options; a double novela wedding band that is soldered together, or just one band that matches the ring. I'm afraid that the double band might be "too" much and I'm not sure that I like the fact that I can't wear them separately, one band on top, and one on the bottom.

Would love to hear your thoughts about wearing two bands, or if you find yourself wearing just the one. Thank you!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Malbec54|1357993830|3353716 said:
I have a question regarding one of your posts regarding wearing two eternity bands.
The novela setting that I have has two options; a double novela wedding band that is soldered together, or just one band that matches the ring. I'm afraid that the double band might be "too" much and I'm not sure that I like the fact that I can't wear them separately, one band on top, and one on the bottom.

Would love to hear your thoughts about wearing two bands, or if you find yourself wearing just the one. Thank you!
Thanks so much Malbec! I really appreciate your kind words, and I'd be more than happy to help you.

Let me make sure I understand: The set you're looking at has either 1 "solo" wband (a single band that matches your ering) or 1 "double-soldered" band (2 bands soldered together) that also matches your ering, right? So, if you went with the double-soldered rings & you wanted to wear your double wband with your ering, you'd be forced to wear THREE rings (2 soldered wbands on the bottom and your ering on top), is that right?

If I've understood your question, then I agree with you regarding the lack of versatility that comes with that design so I wouldn't suggest that you buy the double soldered band. I love the flexibility that you'll have w/ a single wband that you can wear on those days you aren't "blinging" out. So instead of the double soldered wbands, I'd suggest that (if possible) you buy 2 of the single wbands or order the double band unsoldered (if possible). Are either of those options available to you?

In my case, I wear my ering & one wband nearly every day. That's why I had them lightly soldered, because I didn't want to worry about the rubbing, scratching, etc & I didn't want to have to get a spacer. I also wear my single "solo" wband quite a bit on the weekends, when I just want a touch of bling. I don't often wear the 3 bands together (w/ a wband on each side of my ering), only when I want to have "super bling" or if I'm out w/ DH because he loves that look.

I hope I've understood your question & that this is somewhat helpful to you!

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
WOW! What a beautiful set! <3

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
Roxy|1358213546|3355681 said:

Thanks so much Malbec! I really appreciate your kind words, and I'd be more than happy to help you.

Let me make sure I understand: The set you're looking at has either 1 "solo" wband (a single band that matches your ering) or 1 "double-soldered" band (2 bands soldered together) that also matches your ering, right? So, if you went with the double-soldered rings & you wanted to wear your double wband with your ering, you'd be forced to wear THREE rings (2 soldered wbands on the bottom and your ering on top), is that right?

If I've understood your question, then I agree with you regarding the lack of versatility that comes with that design so I wouldn't suggest that you buy the double soldered band. I love the flexibility that you'll have w/ a single wband that you can wear on those days you aren't "blinging" out. So instead of the double soldered wbands, I'd suggest that (if possible) you buy 2 of the single wbands or order the double band unsoldered (if possible). Are either of those options available to you?

In my case, I wear my ering & one wband nearly every day. That's why I had them lightly soldered, because I didn't want to worry about the rubbing, scratching, etc & I didn't want to have to get a spacer. I also wear my single "solo" wband quite a bit on the weekends, when I just want a touch of bling. I don't often wear the 3 bands together (w/ a wband on each side of my ering), only when I want to have "super bling" or if I'm out w/ DH because he loves that look.

That was SUPER helpful Roxy! You confirmed my hesitation about the double band, and I will definitely inquire as to what options are available to me. Purchasing two separate wedding band are more expensive compared to two single bands, but maybe they will cut me some slack.
That's really cool that you have the wedding band lightly soldered to your e-ring. I will definitely have to look into that.
Thank you so much Roxy! I appreciate you answering my questions! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous set of rings! Congrats!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
luckyerialc|1358265496|3356008 said:
WOW! What a beautiful set! <3
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the compliment. :wavey:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Malbec54|1358275518|3356203 said:
Roxy|1358213546|3355681 said:

That was SUPER helpful Roxy! You confirmed my hesitation about the double band, and I will definitely inquire as to what options are available to me. Purchasing two separate wedding band are more expensive compared to two single bands, but maybe they will cut me some slack.
That's really cool that you have the wedding band lightly soldered to your e-ring. I will definitely have to look into that.
Thank you so much Roxy! I appreciate you answering my questions! :appl:
I'm glad I could be helpful. Your ering is breathtaking, so I can't wait to see your pictures once you've paired it with your wbands. Talk about BLING!!!! Regarding the light soldering, I loved that option because the jeweler places tiny amounts of solder at points around your bands (vs actually fusing them together) and they can be separated from each other in the future if needed.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1358278273|3356243 said:
What a gorgeous set of rings! Congrats!
Thank you Laila! I'm afraid I've been bitten by the PS bug & am drooling over everyone else's sparklies while dreaming about my next project LOL :lol: !

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
A while back, a previous poster asked me for links to my diamond's specs & analysis (ie, ASET, DiamXray, etc) & I completely forgot (sorry Doc_1!)

So here are 2 links w/ details:

1) GOG video of the actual diamond in various lighting conditions -- as Jonathan walks through the video, he explains how the ASET & DiamXray images correlate to the stone's performance on the video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W9zvoO0WHAo

2) GOG webpage that has detailed specs, ASET, etc

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7915

Again, sorry it took me so long. When I saw Doc's recent post on another thread it jogged my memory!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results