color
clarity

And the New Toilet Paper is...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barbells.

Adjustable dumbbells.

Home gym fitness supplies in general. All this stuff is sold out everywhere. Rogue hasn’t had barbells or racks in stock for weeks (maybe months). Some of the fitness groups I’m in have people posting alerts whenever any come in, and they’re gone in minutes. Folks are anticipating a long absence from their gyms and many are building home gyms.

Yup. I had the hardest time getting free weights. Now I just ordered balance balls and it’s taking a long time to get here. #covidtimes

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a bit of a laugh

So we (Aussies) were the worst panic buyers in the world! I thought we were! Everything was empty at one point! Everything! Except fresh fruit and veg which people couldn't hoard.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
barley
its winter
i want to make soup
i love barley
i want to maje chicken and barley soup but i can't even find the usual dry winter soup mixes with the split peas, red lentils and barley in
but the one mill that makes the pearl barley is the rolled oat maker and its flat out making porrage

also still cannot get affordable vinnila essence so ive been using whiskey

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still toilet paper!

There is an outbreak in Victoria right now and of course people run to buy up toilet paper!

It's ridiculous! We are the only country where our Prime Minister has to yell at us for hoarding!

Aussies love hoarding. It's like a sport!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peroxide. I can't order it for store pickup. Going to try ordering online for delivery.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still toilet paper!

There is an outbreak in Victoria right now and of course people run to buy up toilet paper!

It's ridiculous! We are the only country where our Prime Minister has to yell at us for hoarding!

Aussies love hoarding. It's like a sport!

I was soooo dismayed by these reports the last couple of days
I hope its just a few neurotics and this isnt going to spread
Something the govt and supermarkets agreed on here was telling people not to hoard did not work
telling people not to do something makes some want to do it more and it just compounded the problem
im still finacially recovering from those horribly exspensive grocery durring lockdown
And i still can't get vinilla

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clorox wipes and disposable gloves!

After a very time cosuming search I finally found one to a customer three-pack of one type of Clorox wipes at Walmart.com. I fid disposible gloves on Amazon.com, at least in the size I like, medium. But I don't know what type of glove you get.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was soooo dismayed by these reports the last couple of days
I hope its just a few neurotics and this isnt going to spread
Something the govt and supermarkets agreed on here was telling people not to hoard did not work
telling people not to do something makes some want to do it more and it just compounded the problem
im still finacially recovering from those horribly exspensive grocery durring lockdown
And i still can't get vinilla

Haha I think ScoMo is just really annoyed at us so yelling for the sake of it rather than hoping it'll stop the hoarding.

So my poor dog is now intolerant of kibble so I'm concocting this fresh diet for her. Anyways it involves chick peas and sardines (amongst other things). Guess who left the super market looking extremely shady with a lot of chick peas and tins of sardines.

I would never touch the stuff but I'm totally looking like an Armageddon maniac stocking up :lol-2:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
lysol and chlorox wipes have been scarce for months, but thanks to local distilleries, we are flush with alcohol sanitizer sprays and hand gels. Everything else almost back to normal...except the prices.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha I think ScoMo is just really annoyed at us so yelling for the sake of it rather than hoping it'll stop the hoarding.

So my poor dog is now intolerant of kibble so I'm concocting this fresh diet for her. Anyways it involves chick peas and sardines (amongst other things). Guess who left the super market looking extremely shady with a lot of chick peas and tins of sardines.

I would never touch the stuff but I'm totally looking like an Armageddon maniac stocking up :lol-2:
I bet she loves it !

I saw a news article sometime in the last few months about what was being left on the shelves here
i was very surprised tuna was one of them
but your dear dog is more than welcome to all the sardines and chick peas

A couple of years ago the womans refuge put out a statement saying thanks but no thanks to chickpeas and tinned tomatos
I do use about 2 cans of chick peas a year but canned tomatos are great

in lockdown i did eat a can of sardines on toast, if you lived next door i would have happliy pushed them under the fence

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently bikes, freezers, and bike accessories are the new toilet paper. Also motherboards...its not totally strange but, yeah...

Stores nearest me are fully stocked. I see toilet paper, clorox, hand sanitizer and clorox wipes (which they are limited to 2 per person). Prices are reasonable.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
It’s definitely anything gym related. We’re trying to build out our home gym and cannot find weight plates. Everything is out of stock everywhere. Whenever there’s a vaccine and/or people get back to gyms in droves, you should be able to pick up tons of equipment on the cheap.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
we are still having a rough time getting regular paper towels and cleaning wipes, as well as food service gloves. I looked at both the stores we use and the only cleaning wipes available were the Babyganics wipes. I took them anyway since its safer for my kid anyway. We also ended up buying the c fold paper towels you find in public toilets because after months of using my fabric napkins for spills that don't wipe anything well that isn't a face I'm just sick of it.

I'm super grateful though that the food my kid will eat is being stocked again. Having those other items not in stock sucks and is frustrating but I can work around it. Even if the workaround isn't as good as I would prefer.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I read an article this week that pressure treated wood was hard to come by.

I was at Target this week and there were no paper towels at all, very little toilet papers, and no flour or bread flour again. I really thought things were getting back to normal around here but apparently not.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Costco here (and online) is out of paper towels, disinfecting wipes, Lysol, Alcohol, etc. They did have disposable gloves today though.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guess what !

I finally got descent (and affordable) vinilla essence
And i got pearl barley - just in time to go into a half done soup in the slow cooker

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Turpentine!!! Hubs and I are painting and need to wash our brushes but insane Aussies have been hoarding turps!!!!!

What do you even do with it??? You can't use it to clean or anything!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peroxide everywhere here, just limited on rubbing alcohol

All of the store websites said not available for pickup, delivery, or in store. I wonder if that was accurate or if they just don't make it available except in store and don't keep the most accurate inventory on the website. (Or gave up trying on faster moving stuff.) I wish I could bring myself to feel comfortable going into stores!

I did end up finding a case on Amazon so we are set for awhile!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Turpentine!!! Hubs and I are painting and need to wash our brushes but insane Aussies have been hoarding turps!!!!!

I wonder if a lot of people are trying painting (or finally have time to do it again) since they are stuck at home? I saw people on local FB groups searching for canvases mentioning they were hard to find.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Supplies of everything seem to be pretty normal here now. I’ve got plenty of toilet paper and kitchen rolls, hospital grade sanitizer all from Costco, masks, gloves, hand sanitizer gel and wipes, bleach, disinfectant and food!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Paper towels and toilet papers are still pretty hard to come by here. I did see a crate of Bounty paper towels at Home Depot a few days ago but I actually stocked up a month ago when they were briefly available from Target online. I did manage to snag 2 tubs of Lysol wipes which I was so excited about!

And today 25lbs of bread flour & 8lbs of cake flour arrived after weeks of stalking them online,, so I'm feeling pretty accomplished today. LOL!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

And it smells so disgusting

Maybe its one of those things that is made in a factory where production has been cut back (on turps) so they can make more of something else ???

I couldn't get barley because the mill was making flour 24 7

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meanwhile in Melbourne

Our buying limits never went away. Costco still has limits on supplies. One of each necessity. And they are often out of the necessities. Still. Often don't have disinfecting wipes, Lysol, disposable gloves, alcohol, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm mildly shocked that we're still facing empty shelves. Grocery lists are now just whatever they have available and we'll make do. Our latest personal "toilet paper" is anything to do with outdoor home improvement. We're trying to redo the surface of our deck. No sanders anywhere and won't ship any for a month or more. DH is doing it by hand! Literally with sandpaper and a foam holder.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm mildly shocked that we're still facing empty shelves. Grocery lists are now just whatever they have available and we'll make do. Our latest personal "toilet paper" is anything to do with outdoor home improvement. We're trying to redo the surface of our deck. No sanders anywhere and won't ship any for a month or more. DH is doing it by hand! Literally with sandpaper and a foam holder.

I wonder if some of these new shortages are the knock on effect of factories being closed durring lockdowns coupled with higher demand

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Rationing is a natural next thought. I find the idea charming, but I suspect compliance and honor would be our weak point in any modern iteration. Hard to believe people would not find a way to exploit it.

Having said that, please allow me to apologize for having bought a dozen cans of Chickarina soup back in November when I got sick and a steady weekly Replenishment shopping of at least 3 cans a week ever since. Do you use red chili flakes in yours? Extra small pat of butter? Have you tried it with Herbes de Provence? Curry powder?

I had never heard of this soup before reading your post & so naturally I was curious. Upon looking it up it sounded delicious but I couldn't find any progresso or other canned chikarina soups so I tried my hand at making it tonight. I couldn't find those larger pearl couscous so I used orzo and it worked wonderfully. Kid approved & such a comfort! Thank you for the introduction ️

IMG_20200713_190228274.jpg
IMG_20200713_190240386.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I had never heard of this soup before reading your post & so naturally I was curious. Upon looking it up it sounded delicious but I couldn't find any progresso or other canned chikarina soups so I tried my hand at making it tonight. I couldn't find those larger pearl couscous so I used orzo and it worked wonderfully. Kid approved & such a comfort! Thank you for the introduction ️

IMG_20200713_190228274.jpg
IMG_20200713_190240386.jpg

I’m putting you in charge of catering!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results