shape
carat
color
clarity

And the New Toilet Paper is...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still a shortage of toilet paper here and now there seems to be a shortage of meat. Which runs over into other categories due to that like vegan options, beans, fish etc. And as far as I know flour is still is low supply.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve found out that here (UK) there’s not actually a shortage of flour, just a shortage of packaging, that’s why I can’t find any plain flour anywhere. The flour mills are full, they have catering sized packaging, but not the domestic 1.5kg bags.

Someone in Australia (or it might have been New Zealand) reported that the same thing happened there a few weeks ago. She was able to buy several kilos (like 13) of flour at a low price, but she had to buy all of it. Does anyone else remember this?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone in Australia (or it might have been New Zealand) reported that the same thing happened there a few weeks ago. She was able to buy several kilos (like 13) of flour at a low price, but she had to buy all of it. Does anyone else remember this?

Is it @mellowyellowgirl ?

Yes it is @mellowyellowgirl :)

Lol probably just good for the mental health right?

So I can sit around feeling nice and comforted that I have 13 freaking kilos of flour!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, missy. I am glad I can lose my mind in peace here, knowing that there will be others (like you) to pick up my slack. That's a mixed metaphor, but given how much I forget, bad grammar is the least of my problems. ;))

Is it @mellowyellowgirl ?

Yes it is @mellowyellowgirl :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was Daisys and Diamonds who told the story about there being a flour shortage because there was not enough packaging for small amounts of flour where she lived. Then mellowyellowgirl bought 13 kilos of flour, but I don't know if the reason she got a good price on hers was because the mill did not have bags for it. I had to go look it all up. I confused two stories.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recently bought 50 pounds of flour...25lbs in each bag for $50. I have lots of yeast but it didn’t match the amount of flour I have. I couldn’t get it from Giant. They have been out for a month..I ordered it from a company online.. I make homemade pizza and send it home for my husband and son. I use 6 cups of flour for each sheet pan pizza...I’m making two for this weekend...one for each...I go through a lot of flour..and I don't bake bread or sweets..I’d eat them all..haha

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I originally mentioned having trouble finding yeast in packets in the stores (I got jars) I remember discussing making sourdough starter. I used to make my own. Now there is an article telling people how to do it in "The New York Times" because homemade bread baking has caused such a yeast shortage in stores!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was Daisys and Diamonds who told the story about there being a flour shortage because there was not enough packaging for small amounts of flour where she lived. Then mellowyellowgirl bought 13 kilos of flour, but I don't know if the reason she got a good price on hers was because the mill did not have bags for it. I had to go look it all up. I confused two stories.

people often get our countries confussed ;)2
we are used to it ;)2

i think the big bags are because stores with instore bakeries desided in despiration to have some flour to sell they put their bakery flour out for sale
i do wonder if the Australian stores also ran out of coconut on the lead up to ANZAC day ?

i still can't get baking powder but i did get cream of tarter so with baking soda im making my own
but i would love to find some sortable vinnila essence - something between the outrageously exspensive one with the seeds in but also not the gross fake stuff that tastes like wood

and @mellowyellowgirl did you sort the bean bag delema out ?
ring Bunnings to see if Australia stocks expol underfloor insulation? in NZ stores they sell bags of the beans in the outdoor furniture section or order them down at the trade desk (i used to work on the trade desk) where they can order it with their next insulation order - the beans are slightly smaller than what they sell at some places like spotlight but the price is really good
best to do the filling in a dry bath with the plug in ...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not sure if this has been posted in @missy 's memes thread but every thread needs a few light moments in these uncertain scary times
mh01.thumb.jpg.158ef2e24ecfc45a3cb36e774fb9fee6.jpg

Love this lol. And it's @AprilBaby who started the meme thread. It's just me hogging it :lol: and adding too many memes.:oops:

But I love a good meme. :cheeky:

toomanymemesgif.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been very quiet on here so keep it up! DD9AEEBD-212F-4F47-80E7-74656DA5B5A6.jpeg DA1E5B44-FBE0-4EF0-8972-CA265DB77120.jpeg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I originally mentioned having trouble finding yeast in packets in the stores (I got jars) I remember discussing making sourdough starter. I used to make my own. Now there is an article telling people how to do it in "The New York Times" because homemade bread baking has caused such a yeast shortage in stores!

My friend kindly shared her sourdough with me (no contact! Left it in front of my house in her 1 hour out)

It's a really social thing , because once it's up and running you can share. I started a wheat one , she made rye..

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dehydrators, canners, canning supplies. I guess people are planning for their victory gardens to produce like gangbusters.

Also bicycles, gym equipment and accessories.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
still can't see afordable but non fake vinnila essence
just starting to look at this weeks grocery order
now that ive learnt how to use wholemeal flour they don't have any :(2 but low GI sugar is back in stock
and it looks like all the panic buying is over because all of a sudden i can see same day delivery spots and whole days open for deliveries
where have all the high need group gone all of a sudden why i couldn't get a delivery the last 6 weeks ?
they not eatting this week ?
they joining the que at MacDonalds instead ? :cry:
and more good news affordable store brand frozen corn back in stock and same for frozen spinach
can still only buy 2 packets of each though

seems hard to find packets of frozen fish ...i just felt like a change

cauliflower is now down from $6 to a more reasonable $3 but have desided to buy a bag if frozen cauli brocolli mix instead

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still having trouble finding flour (everyone is baking at home!) and I can’t find my colour of hair dye for a home made root touch up anywhere (such vanity.......). My son tried to find some paintbrushes for his gf, art supplies seem to have run out too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Costco had TP a few days ago when my DH went there. But they were out of Paper Towels lol. It is always something they are out of these days and generally many things they don't have and one of the most important things for us (IMO) are disinfecting wipes. Which they have not had for a while now. My DH and I used Disinfecting wipes lots before this pandemic because with 4 cats well we have to. And some of you might recall our RW gate and the amount of disinfectant and cleaner we used over 6 plus months were crazy amounts. So yeah not thrilled we are having difficulty getting all the cleaning supplies we need but doing the best we can. And hoping for the best.

As an aside I was able to stock up on my ice cream so yay for sweet delights.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 5.50.46 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dehydrators, canners, canning supplies. I guess people are planning for their victory gardens to produce like gangbusters.

Also bicycles, gym equipment and accessories.

Yes to the gym stuff. I tried getting weights at the beginning of March and all of the sites were out of weights by then. Luckily I had weights at home but needed to duplicate for our shore house. I managed to finally snag the weights I needed despite not getting a full set. Now I am waiting for my Balanced Body Pilates Reformer to be delivered to the shore house and it is going to be delayed due to the pandemic. I am not sure when it will arrive. So I am without it for at least a few weeks if not more. :/

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The soda Tab is no longer in the local stores and people who sell it on-line charge a lot more. I won't buy it on-line. I used to drink a little of it, but found that my daughter's fiancé went through huge quantities of it so that I often did not get even one can out of a box unless I moved quickly!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The soda Tab is no longer in the local stores and people who sell it on-line charge a lot more. I won't buy it on-line. I used to drink a little of it, but found that my daughter's fiancé went through huge quantities of it so that I often did not get even one can out of a box unless I moved quickly!

My husband found a bottle of tab from the early 80's at his dad's house. I wish it was a joke, its so not. its now at my house (strange enough....lol) I can't imagine how gross it would have to be at this point...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband found a bottle of tab from the early 80's at his dad's house. I wish it was a joke, its so not. its now at my house (strange enough....lol) I can't imagine how gross it would have to be at this point...

It hasn't been in bottles for many years. At least not where I live!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My office keeps a supply of Tab in the common fridge because one of our partners drinks it. I hadn't had one for 30+ years but pure nostalgia prompted me to pop one open when I started at the firm. I think I'm good on that front now for the next 30 years! :cheeky:

Of late I'm on a diet ginger ale kick. The idea came at me out of the blue one day when I was wandering down the soda aisle at the grocery store and I've found that I really enjoy it. Especially in the evening with a wee tot o' whiskey thrown in for good measure. :lickout:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a current article about the shortages and what has caused them. I had not known about the oat milk, nor had I been unable to buy pasta. What about you all?

"Oat milk has become a hot commodity, in part as coffee shop regulars have become home baristas. It topped a list of fastest-moving grocery items nationwide, with sales up 353 percent over last year, according to Nielsen data of consumer packaged goods for an eight-week period ending April 18."

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

An $88 prime rib. Ya no.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My office keeps a supply of Tab in the common fridge because one of our partners drinks it. I hadn't had one for 30+ years but pure nostalgia prompted me to pop one open when I started at the firm. I think I'm good on that front now for the next 30 years! :cheeky:

Of late I'm on a diet ginger ale kick. The idea came at me out of the blue one day when I was wandering down the soda aisle at the grocery store and I've found that I really enjoy it. Especially in the evening with a wee tot o' whiskey thrown in for good measure. :lickout:

I absolutely love ginger beer. I don't always keep it in the house because I'd drink it daily.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love ginger beer. I don't always keep it in the house because I'd drink it daily.

I love ginger beer too. They make delicious Dark and Stormy drinks.

35B81ABA-585C-43A5-83D1-5CBE89DF1D72.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock