shape
carat
color
clarity

And the New Toilet Paper is...

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jogger pants? What about jigsaw puzzles? Yeast and flour for sure! I’m coming across so many missing items, I can’t even think of them all. What about you?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read that hair dye is the new toilet paper. :lol: :shifty:

I was able to get paper products yesterday and I was thrilled. :wink2: Strange how happy finding TP can make us these days.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bananas. Though they are all around but I don't want to go to the supermarket every few days to get what I need for my daily banana supply.

Masks with the exhale vent.

Isopropyl alcohol.

In person hugs with my friends and family.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read that hair dye is the new toilet paper. :lol: :shifty:

I was able to get paper products yesterday and I was thrilled. :wink2: Strange how happy finding TP can make us these days.

Oh no! I have one dose of dye coming in the mail this week. Say it isn’t my last!! I can’t go white yet. I’m not ready!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aloe Vera gel ...was going to make some homemade hand gel since I cant find the real stuff. Appears that everyone else
has already turned to homemade and all the Aloe Vera is sold out!

Keep seeing a Charmin add on IG that says there is enough toilet paper for everyone. Well, if that's true how come I cant find ANY ANYWHERE?
I want to throw my phone every time I see that add.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Anything from a garden/nursery website (that's after waiting in the queue to get into said gardening website!)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything from a garden/nursery website (that's after waiting in the queue to get into said gardening website!)

Yes!! I was able to order some plants from totally tomato yesterday. I also ordered half pallets of manure from lowes. I got my seeds early, fortunately.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hair dye is impossible to find (I’ve just bought some on eBay at an inflated price). Hair clippers are pretty much all sold out too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are so many items I can't find that whenever I find one from my long list on some site, I buy it. Sometimes it says it is due to come in in three weeks, but I figure that eventually I will get it. I bought some sprouted whole wheat flour because I couldn't find any whole wheat flour for love or money. Then I later saw that if I were an Amazon Prime member (which I am not) I could buy two brands of whole wheat flour from Whole Foods through Amazon. But only Amazon Prime members can do this! I really do not want to become an Amazon Prime member.

Progresso Chickarina soup is nowhere to be found.I ruined a loaf of bread using expired bread flour. My daughter's fiancé snagged a bag of bread flour in the store for me yesterday. None available on-line.The one he got was the only one in the store.You scared me with the idea of butter or cream being in short supply. Next will be ration cards!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Rationing is a natural next thought. I find the idea charming, but I suspect compliance and honor would be our weak point in any modern iteration. Hard to believe people would not find a way to exploit it.

Having said that, please allow me to apologize for having bought a dozen cans of Chickarina soup back in November when I got sick and a steady weekly Replenishment shopping of at least 3 cans a week ever since. Do you use red chili flakes in yours? Extra small pat of butter? Have you tried it with Herbes de Provence? Curry powder?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rationing is a natural next thought. I find the idea charming, but I suspect compliance and honor would be our weak point in any modern iteration. Hard to believe people would not find a way to exploit it.

Having said that, please allow me to apologize for having bought a dozen cans of Chickarina soup back in November when I got sick and a steady weekly Replenishment shopping of at least 3 cans a week ever since. Do you use red chili flakes in yours? Extra small pat of butter? Have you tried it with Herbes de Provence? Curry powder?

It is my daughter, with provincial tastes, who likes the Chickarina soup in this house. I think if I added one of the things you mentioned above to it, I would be eating it with her! (Provided we had some in the house, that is!)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aloe Vera gel ...was going to make some homemade hand gel since I cant find the real stuff. Appears that everyone else
has already turned to homemade and all the Aloe Vera is sold out!

@tyty333 In my grocery store produce section they have huge aloe stalks (leaves?). I have been buying them, $1.50, cutting them open and storing it in a cool place and gathering the juice with a plastic baggie. I love aloe. Necessity is the mother of invention.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Large marshmallows and Hershey chocolate. My family has been trying to make s’mores during our fires for weeks! We have been using mini marshmallows. It’s been... interesting.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flour!!! Cannot find any flour!

Everything else is ok except toilet paper.
Here the problem was all our mills ran out of the small retail sized bags to bag the flour into
they had plenty of flour but nothing to put it in
some supernarkets put there 20kg bags out for sale they usually order for their instore bakeries
20kg of flour - that's huge !

One mill here sold as many small retail bags of flour in a week as they sell in 5 years

Evidently the retail side of flour is quite a small percent

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sex.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeast/flour here. Everyone is attempting to bake their own bread I guess lol.
Maybe they’re really attempting to make pizza dough!

I miss pizza so much.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Serious question here!

I have the opportunity to buy 13kg of flour for $15.

Should I???? Seems a bit much since we don't bake bread but all this missing flour is making me fear I will not be able to find more flour for cakes (I still have 3kg).

Should I???

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just before Easter they sold out of my favourite chocolate... I totally blame the Easter Bunny for everything!!! :cry2::cry2::cry2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::P2:P2:P2

DH mentioned to DS that Lindt had a special offer, and a couple of days later, this lot turned up (plus 2 other bars that he’s already scoffed!)

D48B478A-2D21-41E8-9293-69EE5A063502.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Serious question here!

I have the opportunity to buy 13kg of flour for $15.

Should I???? Seems a bit much since we don't bake bread but all this missing flour is making me fear I will not be able to find more flour for cakes (I still have 3kg).

Should I???

Can you freeze flour?

If I really wanted flour I would spend the 15$. A bag of mandarin oranges went up from 4$ to 9$. Saw it yesterday and I passed because Greg said he didn't want them. I don't eat citrus. If I did and I wanted them I would have gotten them because little things make life a bit better right now and if you can afford the extra few dollars I say go for it. But if you don't really want it then it isn't worth the money. Eggs doubled in price near us but we got those for Greg because he enjoys eggs every few days and so it was worth it.

It seems the prices of everything has gone up (temporarily I hope) and my answer is if you want it and it will make your life even just a little bit better go for it (as long as it won't break the bank).

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you freeze flour?

If I really wanted flour I would spend the 15$. A bag of mandarin oranges went up from 4$ to 9$. Saw it yesterday and I passed because Greg said he didn't want them. I don't eat citrus. If I did and I wanted them I would have gotten them because little things make life a bit better right now and if you can afford the extra few dollars I say go for it. But if you don't really want it then it isn't worth the money. Eggs doubled in price near us but we got those for Greg because he enjoys eggs every few days and so it was worth it.

It seems the prices of everything has gone up (temporarily I hope) and my answer is if you want it and it will make your life even just a little bit better go for it (as long as it won't break the bank).

It is a very good price for flour I am just wary of 13kg of it! I don't have the freezer space!

Then I fret about wastage.

But what will I do if I run out and there will be no flour ever again?

HELP ME MISSY!!!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH mentioned to DS that Lindt had a special offer, and a couple of days later, this lot turned up (plus 2 other bars that he’s already scoffed!)

D48B478A-2D21-41E8-9293-69EE5A063502.jpeg

Sweet! I got 8 bars of chocolate April 3rd...4 of one flavor and 4 of the other as there are limits on chocolate here so I didn't want to get too many. Looks like we got the same number of bars. I won't say how many I have left. :shhh: :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 7.21.00 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a very good price for flour I am just wary of 13kg of it! I don't have the freezer space!

Then I fret about wastage.

But what will I do if I run out and there will be no flour ever again?

HELP ME MISSY!!!!!!!

GET IT!!!!!!
And bake a lot with it. And share it with friends/neighbors and anyone else who you think might enjoy it where it would be easy for you to drop off on their porch.

That's what I would do! And Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results