shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW An old stone for an old girl - 4.65 antique cushion

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, lord, that ring is STUNNING! Congrats!

I could use at least a thousand more pictures of that beauty. I'd love to see a profile shot!

I wear an O/P and I love, love, love it. I think you're going to find that warmer stones can be quite bewitching. (I think it was Holly who first described my stone that way, and it is so true.)

You done good, JustGinger! Real good!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk about a DIAMOND! Wow, that is a rock! Beautiful cut, beautiful sparkle, beautiful cushion!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Profile pictures, please?!! :wavey:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
it looks gorgeous! :love: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Spectacular!!!!!!!!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
:-o
O
M
G
:love:

That is ginormous AND gorgeous!

Corngratulations! :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, it is perfect! I think I just died and went to antique cushion heaven :love: :love: :love:

The setting is beautiful, and it showcases the diamond perfectly. I am going to join in with others and beg for a profile shot. Pleeeeease???

enjoy your vacation and new diamond!!!!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Just amazing. Congrats!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Antique cushion perfection...I see why you're in love! How blessed at 28 to get the ring of your dreams...and at 28 to be so wise about diamonds is rather rare I would say...an "old soul" indeed. Please post the specs of the stone and more pic's. We just can't quit looking at your ring!

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
wow!! gorgeous, gorgeous stone!!! :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly!! It's so so gorgeous and HUGE!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, I'm speechless!!! :love: :love: It's amazingly gorgeous! Would love to see more pics as well! Wear it in good health and happiness!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Oh good lord is that a beautiful stone, please post more pics!! :love: :love: :love:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy gorgeous, JG! I'm DROOLING over here.

:love: :love: :love:

Now, the question is, do you have CLOTHES to wear with that gorgeous rock???

justginger

Ideal_Rock
athena: thank you, but I'm afraid you can't have it - it will be pried off my finger when I'm dead. :wink2:

laila: thank you, the light play from these larger facets is incredible

mara: I know what you mean about getting the stink eye! My hubby has it down pat now. My ring size is a 3.25 and I'm extremely happy with Adam's bench work. It was blindingly fast, and like I said, I can't detect any signs that it was a rushed job. Amazing how one jeweler can create a piece of art from scratch in 3 days, but my local jeweler can't even SIZE a ring in 3 days! :lol:

enerchi: thank you, I will endeavor to keep it safe - it is currently in a lock box in the hotel lobby, along with the fancy yellow and green diamonds that my parents delivered to me. It was like Christmas morning!

ruby: thank you, I'll work on the photos in different lighting...if the sun would actually come out a provide different lighting! It's been dismally gray the entire time we've been here. :knockout:

catmom: thank you...I think you *did* mention gorgeous. :wink2:

kasey: thank you.

bebe: thank you so much - your ring is one I've admired for some time now, so it's nice to know someone with your good taste likes it.

sleep: thank you, the prongs are lovely, much more delicate in person but I thought doubling them would provide a bit of extra security.

caprine: what a kind thing to say, with so many absolutely divine rings here on PS. :))

mom2boys: I have forgotten the EXACT specs, but the stone is roughly 10.15 x 10.15. I think there is only a .01 or .02 difference in length/width.

tigian: thank you, it definitely does funny things to my heart too! :love:

yenny: thank you.

MTG: thank you, I completely agree - the large antique stones have such a depth of personality. They really suck you in, it's a dangerous hobby to look at these threads! :lol:

fridays: thank you for the kind words, I definitely understand why you would be supportive of Adam. His service and communication was second to none and I've got nothing but good things to trumpet about him as well.

gemfever: thank you - I'll get to the photos ASAP.

hmr: I would speculate what 40 holds but I think my DH would kill me if he even *suspected* I was thinking that far ahead!

princesss: yes, I was when I opened the box as well!

Tgal: we have matching expressions. :wink2:

DS: don't worry, it's not proper DSS, in the sense that it doesn't appear too small. It's just shrunken from "holy moly that's gaudy" to "wow, that looks JUST RIGHT." :bigsmile:

alene: thank you.

christina: thank you for your kind words - I'm looking forward to seeing if you upgrade in the future.

isaku: thank you x 2. :wink2:

anne: thank you.

ame: I know it's a shame I'm not Stateside so you could have a gander. I think I'll be back next April though - we're headed to Nepal to climb to Everest base camp, and then back to my alma mater for Alumni Weekend. We can always catch up then and you can have a play with this new bauble. :))

canuk: thank you. Yes, a few of the photos make it look wonky. I think it was from my efforts to tilt the stone so it reflected something other than the black of the camera. The most accurate photo of how it is set is the last one. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a bit off, it surely isn't perfectly shaped as an antique stone, but my eyes can't detect it.

sparkley: thank you - I can take absolutely no credit for the setting though, it was Boston Jeff's original creation. I've admired it for years and am thrilled to have my own version now.

sc86: thank you - yes, it can definitely look very white. I like seeing it color up in different lights though, sort of like seeing a girl blush. :oops:

haven: thank you so much for your kind words, and your words of encouragement when I first discovered that Neil had graded it lower than I originally expected. All of the stunning photos of your O/P were very reassuring and made my choice much easier. A million photos?...I'll work on it!

bella: thank you.

minous: thank you - I'll work on the profile photos ASAP. I must admit that, despite having a new, decent quality camera, I'm not so hot with it. ::) I'll try though!

minmin: thank you.

rosebloom: thank you.

hoover: lol, thank you.

armywife: thank you so much, it is definitely perfect to me too. I promise I'll work on the photos. I'll arrange mini-photo shoots at each of our holiday destinations. :bigsmile:

jereni: thank you.

ariel: thank you for your kind words, it is indeed a blessing that I am able to have this piece of gorgeousness at all, let alone at my age. I pay it forward when I can though -- I bought TGal's mum's earrings a few weeks ago as a gift for my sister-in-law. Nothing brings around good diamond karma and blessings like gifting them to others! ;))

starry: thank you.

dandiandi: thank you - it is indeed both. :cheeky: Now I'll have some good stuff to bring to the next Perth GTG!

kim: thank you, I'll definitely be working on the extra photos.

HOT: thank you.

lknvrb4: thank you - and yes, yes, I get the hint with the requests for more photos! :lol:

vc10um: thank you, but please do not short out your computer with drool. :wink2: I DO have clothes now, no thanks to any of the staff at Malaysia Airlines. I'll post an update now.

Again, thank you all for your kind words about this ring. I am so excited to have it -- but as it is not appraised by an Australian company, I can not have it insured. So...I'm being very cautious with it and it remains locked in a safe in the lobby of the hotel right now. I PROMISE I will fetch it out tomorrow and take some more photos. We're headed to Shannon tomorrow and can only HOPE there is better lighting there.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
AMAZEBALLS. :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
JustGinger--I am SO impressed that you took time away from staring at your stone to respond to everyone individually! I don't think I could do that if I had your stone on my hand! :cheeky:

If a million photos is too much I'd settle for any number you're willing to share. You seriously have one special stone and ring there. I'm so thrilled for you!

CushionCutie

Rough_Rock
OH MY GOD!!!!! Can't breathe... too... BEAUTIFUL!!!

Please please please post more hand shots! And if it's not too much trouble also from a little farther away for real life perspective? :love: :love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:o :o :o OMG, what a HUGE diamond!!! It looks gorgeous and I bet every time you look at your hand you gasp in amazement.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1338742448|3208330 said:
armywife: thank you so much, it is definitely perfect to me too. I promise I'll work on the photos. I'll arrange mini-photo shoots at each of our holiday destinations. :bigsmile:

YAY!!! You can't see it, but I am definitely doing a little happy dance in anticipation of more pictures! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW.

Now THAT is a happy early birthday pressie :love: :love: :love: :love: :-o Good lord, so much gigantic gorgeousness on one finger!!

I wish I could see this thing IRL. I really, really, really do.
:love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
holy smokes!!!! what tiny fingers and what an absolutely perfect cushion!!! you are so wise for your years on diamond knowledge! thanks for sharing pics of your gorgeous ring and enjoy it!! we all dream of coverage like that! hehehe

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Justginger, that is one of the most beautiful stones I have ever seen! The size is just perfect on you! Congratulations over and over. Lovely and perfect. What a dream to own a stone like that. I am loving the lower color stones these days. There is something a bit magical about them!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ginger, I salute you - you picked a fabulous stone with decisiveness and authority. From decision to upgrade to incredibly gorgeous rock in three easy steps! It's like an illustration of how having confidence in your gut pays off, in spades. And pay off it did - that looks AMAZEBALLS on your hand, and I really love the setting. Where are those additional pics, woman!!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
We've puddle-hopped and are now in Ireland for the next 8 days. The weather is marginally better here -- no rain -- but the lighting in still overcast. But here are the promised extra photos, including some profiles and shots of the setting itself.

Handshot:
P1000291.jpg

This one I tried to catch the most yellow I see with the stone:
P1000293.jpg

Underside:
P1000294.jpg

On the finger:
P1000295.jpg

Another handshot:
P1000296.jpg

A shot at arm's length (please, please ignore the nails - no time for manicures on this trip so far!):
P1000300.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: Spectacular diamond!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Ginger I saw you said that it looked too big for your hand, in your first post. I really don't think so, because it is so simple - beautiful and elegant and not brash at all. Plus you have good hands. Enjoy. Anyhow, perhaps now you are getting more used to it and it feels more comfortable. Its a lovely piece.

Ed. to add - ha, I should have read on - so you are feeling comfortable about its size - good. It suits you well :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results