shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW An Emerald, Diamond, and South Sea Pearl Convertible Necklace.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a stunning necklace! Love it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your wife's jewelry is simply the best. I am in love with the emerald and diamond!!!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowzer!!! Sooo nice to have others who cannot have enough emeralds! I absolutely love the “simple” combo. The emerald pendant on a plain chain lets that amazing pendant take centerstage.
Thank you, we had decided we didn't need any more emeralds till we saw this....famous last words!!!

Love pearls. Love the emerald part. How is it changed from one to another? (I am interested in the mechanism)
It will be more easily explained with a photo, but the piece is locked up right now. I will get you a photo soon...I promise.

Just love this necklace! So unique and bold. I hope your wife is enjoying it. Thank you so much for sharing.
Thank you, she wore the pearls with diamond centerpiece out to dinner last weekend. :)

Wow what a stunning necklace! Love it.
Thank you icy.

Wow, your wife's jewelry is simply the best. I am in love with the emerald and diamond!!!
Thank you, that's praise indeed coming from you!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love pearls. Love the emerald part. How is it changed from one to another? (I am interested in the mechanism)

As promised, here are photos of the mechanism. The clasps are permanently attached to the last diamond roundel on each end of the strand of pearls, and there are corresponding slots in either side of both centerpieces:

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 6.jpg

Here is a rather out of focus photo of a slot in the shoulder of the emerald centerpiece:

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 7.jpg

Here is a close up of the clasp, note the grooves in the face of the clasp that interlock with a mechanism inside the slots.

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 8.jpg

The clasp is actually V shaped so the locking mechanism can be released by squeezing the diamond roundel:

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 9.jpg

And here's another glamour shot. :)

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 1.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a stunning necklace! I love all the both centers with it and I love that amazing emerald on a chain. Just that necklace constitutes a collection it is so spectacular. It looks beautiful on you! Well done!

Reactions: prs

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Staring at these pictures I'm still absolutely stunned. You have outdone yourself. Wow.

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Wow! Wow! Just gorgeous!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love the emerald pendant, and can't decide if I like it better on the pearls or on the chain -- both are fabulous!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a stunning necklace! I love all the both centers with it and I love that amazing emerald on a chain. Just that necklace constitutes a collection it is so spectacular. It looks beautiful on you! Well done!
Thank you! I can assure you it wouldn't look nearly so good on me, but yes, it does look beautiful on my DW. :)

Staring at these pictures I'm still absolutely stunned. You have outdone yourself. Wow.
Merci beaucoup!

Wow! Wow! Wow! Just gorgeous!
Thank you!

Please join me in congratulating prs and DW on this fabulous new addition! It's the Jewel of the Week: https://www.pricescope.com/blog/pendant-of-plenty-jotw :kiss2:

It's a great honor to be selected as JOTW, thank you so much. Pendant of Plenty is a great name, I'm going to use it myself if that's OK. :))

I love the emerald pendant, and can't decide if I like it better on the pearls or on the chain -- both are fabulous!
Yes, it's a tough choice. DW likes the emerald better on the chain, and the diamond centerpiece on the pearls

karlsteiner

Rough_Rock
As some of you may know, DW has a penchant for pendants. :) Her latest acquisition is a convertible emerald, diamond, and South Sea pearl necklace with a hidden surprise, more on the surprise later! The piece was made by Claudio Yanes of Madrid, Spain, and is a gorgeous South Sea pearl necklace with two interchangeable centerpieces. The first centerpiece is a 4.50ct Columbian emerald, insignificant to minor oil, enhanced by 3.50tcw trapezoid, baguette, and square step-cut diamonds. It's difficult to capture in photos the full beauty of an emerald, but I'm doing my best.

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 4.jpg

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 1.jpg

The second interchangeable centerpiece is beautifully designed but much less ornate 18K gold setting with 1.25tcw full-cut diamonds

Diamond and Pearl Necklace 2.jpg

Diamond and Pearl Necklace 1.jpg

The piece was advertised as a pearl necklace with two interchangeable centerpieces, and as such DW wasn't too interested because she didn't think there would be very many occasions to wear it. However as she was switching out the centerpieces she found the emerald had a hinged bale concealed in the back. So it could now be worn as a pendant without the pearls, making it much more versatile, and DW fell in love!

Emerald Pendant 7.jpg

Emerald Pendant 6.jpg

DW is now debating which of the three options she likes best, and I would be very interested to know which one you like best, and which one you think you would wear the most. :?: :))

All combos are stunning -- depends on what's she's wearing and where she's going. Time for some custom designed clothing to showcase the jewelry (#2) and woman (#1). Enjoy!!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All combos are stunning -- depends on what's she's wearing and where she's going. Time for some custom designed clothing to showcase the jewelry (#2) and woman (#1). Enjoy!!

Thank you, the woman and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary earlier this year, she'll always be my #1. :kiss2: =)2

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@prs

Thank you very much for the link!

First of all, I need to heap praise on you and your dear wife.
It would seem to me that you both share a fondness and more than a passing interest to timepieces and jewelry. What a lovely hobby to share!! May it bring you both plenty of health, happiness, joy and delight.

Now onto this most chic, elegant and ultra glamorous piece. As far as i am concerned, the bezeled emerald pear with step cut surround is the component that elevates the strand of pearls as well as the wheat chain.

I am utterly curious about the mechanics behind the disappearing bail. It is present on the chain but is concealed on the strand of pearls. Will you kindly, at your convenience, please show in images what the mechanics are???

As an aside, I really love how the necklace images feature your lovely wife's jawline almost entire expanse of shoulder width within the frame. It really gives better vantage of proportions and scale. I surmise, I have you to thank for that :))

Thank you for taking the time to share this statement and signature piece that has made such an impression on me!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for reviving this thread, the necklace is spectacular! Which does your dw wear most often?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prs

Thank you very much for the link!

First of all, I need to heap praise on you and your dear wife.
It would seem to me that you both share a fondness and more than a passing interest to timepieces and jewelry. What a lovely hobby to share!! May it bring you both plenty of health, happiness, joy and delight.

Now onto this most chic, elegant and ultra glamorous piece. As far as i am concerned, the bezeled emerald pear with step cut surround is the component that elevates the strand of pearls as well as the wheat chain.

I am utterly curious about the mechanics behind the disappearing bail. It is present on the chain but is concealed on the strand of pearls. Will you kindly, at your convenience, please show in images what the mechanics are???

As an aside, I really love how the necklace images feature your lovely wife's jawline almost entire expanse of shoulder width within the frame. It really gives better vantage of proportions and scale. I surmise, I have you to thank for that :))

Thank you for taking the time to share this statement and signature piece that has made such an impression on me!

Thank you so much for your kind words. The bale mechanism is actually quite simple. It is attached to the top of the pendant on a swivel, and is free to rotate. It is stored in a recess in the back of the pendant and is easily pulled up into the open position. This photo shows the bale in its stored position, the recess isn't quite deep enough to take all the bale but when the pearls are attached the bit sticking out is off the skin.

ZEmerald and Pearl Necklace 7.jpg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for reviving this thread, the necklace is spectacular! Which does your dw wear most often?

She prefers to wear the emerald with the chain. It's still rather dressy, but we would have to be going somewhere really swanky before she would wear it with the pearls. =)2 It doesn't get worn as often as it should because it's in competition with her other emerald pendant

9.26 Ct Emerald Pendant 4.jpg

This is the piece that really got DW started on her fine jewelry journey, it was quite an adventure LINK here.

Why we have two fabulous emerald pendants is a mystery only a true PriceScoper could understand. :mrgreen2:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say all are stunning but I like the emerald pendant on plain chain best.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Not a mystery to me lol! Both are gorgeous!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
She prefers to wear the emerald with the chain. It's still rather dressy, but we would have to be going somewhere really swanky before she would wear it with the pearls. =)2 It doesn't get worn as often as it should because it's in competition with her other emerald pendant

9.26 Ct Emerald Pendant 4.jpg

This is the piece that really got DW started on her fine jewelry journey, it was quite an adventure LINK here.

Why we have two fabulous emerald pendants is a mystery only a true PriceScoper could understand. :mrgreen2:

Ok I just read thru that thread & wow what a journey! Cannot believe that was in a consignment shop but you revived it in the most beautiful way.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your kind words. The bale mechanism is actually quite simple. It is attached to the top of the pendant on a swivel, and is free to rotate. It is stored in a recess in the back of the pendant and is easily pulled up into the open position. This photo shows the bale in its stored position, the recess isn't quite deep enough to take all the bale but when the pearls are attached the bit sticking out is off the skin.

ZEmerald and Pearl Necklace 7.jpg

Thanks very much for the explanation and additional image. Do you have an image of the back of the pendant, handy?? I'd love a view of the back, at your convenience, of course.

both of your dear wife's emeralds are lovely. But my ALL TIME FAVE remains the one in gold.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok I just read thru that thread & wow what a journey! Cannot believe that was in a consignment shop but you revived it in the most beautiful way.

Thank you so much. it was the successful outcome of that journey that really got DW and I excited about fine jewelry!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks very much for the explanation and additional image. Do you have an image of the back of the pendant, handy?? I'd love a view of the back, at your convenience, of course.

both of your dear wife's emeralds are lovely. But my ALL TIME FAVE remains the one in gold.

Your wish is my command :mrgreen2:

Better view of the front showing how the emerald setting is connected to the surround.

ZEmerald and Pearl Necklace 13.jpg

Better view of the bale swivel mechanism (with the bale stored).

ZEmerald and Pearl Necklace 12.jpg

Back view with the bale open

ZEmerald and Pearl Necklace 10.jpg

Back view with the bale stored

ZEmerald and Pearl Necklace 11.jpg

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Your wish is my command :mrgreen2:

Better view of the front showing how the emerald setting is connected to the surround.

ZEmerald and Pearl Necklace 13.jpg

Better view of the bale swivel mechanism (with the bale stored).

ZEmerald and Pearl Necklace 12.jpg

Back view with the bale open

ZEmerald and Pearl Necklace 10.jpg

Back view with the bale stored

ZEmerald and Pearl Necklace 11.jpg

@prs

Thank you ever so much!!!

I love the pendant even MORE than i had originally!! Impossible, I know. With these close up, zoomed in images, i can clearly see that the surround appear to be carre cut diamonds. I had originally thought they were baguettes. And they look very nicely calibrated. it quite splendid, really.

did you say you and your dear wife purchased it abroad??

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@prs
just back for another admiring look...

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prs

Thank you ever so much!!!

I love the pendant even MORE than i had originally!! Impossible, I know. With these close up, zoomed in images, i can clearly see that the surround appear to be carre cut diamonds. I had originally thought they were baguettes. And they look very nicely calibrated. it quite splendid, really.

did you say you and your dear wife purchased it abroad??

Thank you, yes I agree they are likely carre cut diamonds, but I'm not an expert.

The piece was made by Yanes in Madrid, but we purchased it at a Heritage auction. We were told it had failed to sell at a previous auction, and apparently that is a big negative in the auction world if the consignor chooses to put it back up for sale. The reserve price and expectations are usually much lower the second time. The auction catalog only included two photos, one of the pearls attached to the emerald and the other with the pearls attached to the diamond barrel. With the huge pearls the piece looked so dressy you could only wear it to something like tea with the Queen. :) My guess is that's why it hadn't sold.

During the preview we asked to look at the piece because the emerald looked so good. It was while swapping out those two center pieces that DW spotted the bale! She held it up against her neck and "WOW". I don't think the auction house had noticed the bale, and fortunately neither had any of the other bidders. We got it for a great price!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results