shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW An Emerald, Diamond, and South Sea Pearl Convertible Necklace.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As some of you may know, DW has a penchant for pendants. :) Her latest acquisition is a convertible emerald, diamond, and South Sea pearl necklace with a hidden surprise, more on the surprise later! The piece was made by Claudio Yanes of Madrid, Spain, and is a gorgeous South Sea pearl necklace with two interchangeable centerpieces. The first centerpiece is a 4.50ct Columbian emerald, insignificant to minor oil, enhanced by 3.50tcw trapezoid, baguette, and square step-cut diamonds. It's difficult to capture in photos the full beauty of an emerald, but I'm doing my best.

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 4.jpg

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 1.jpg

The second interchangeable centerpiece is beautifully designed but much less ornate 18K gold setting with 1.25tcw full-cut diamonds

Diamond and Pearl Necklace 2.jpg

Diamond and Pearl Necklace 1.jpg

The piece was advertised as a pearl necklace with two interchangeable centerpieces, and as such DW wasn't too interested because she didn't think there would be very many occasions to wear it. However as she was switching out the centerpieces she found the emerald had a hinged bale concealed in the back. So it could now be worn as a pendant without the pearls, making it much more versatile, and DW fell in love!

Emerald Pendant 7.jpg

Emerald Pendant 6.jpg

DW is now debating which of the three options she likes best, and I would be very interested to know which one you like best, and which one you think you would wear the most. :?: :))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowzers! That emerald & diamond pendant is just breathtaking!

For me, I like the emerald on the gold chain the most, followed by the emerald on the pearl's. I think for everyday, the gold chain is more versatile.

What a cool piece! Your wife is a very lucky lady!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Now that’s a lot of fabulous options and they are all beautiful! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All gorgeous but if I was choosing for me I would choose the pearls with the 18K gold setting with 1.25tcw full-cut diamonds. Just because it goes with everything. But all the choices are so glamorous and delicious so it just comes down to your DW's personal preference.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, stunning!!!!! How versatile and elegant. It reminds me of the jewelry of royals, who often have their jewels designed such that centerpieces can be swapped out and used in different ways. Love it!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO the emerald and chain is the best, by far.​
It's striking, not too much, elegant, while deeply classy.​

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As some of you may know, DW has a penchant for pendants. :) Her latest acquisition is a convertible emerald, diamond, and South Sea pearl necklace with a hidden surprise, more on the surprise later! The piece was made by Claudio Yanes of Madrid, Spain, and is a gorgeous South Sea pearl necklace with two interchangeable centerpieces. The first centerpiece is a 4.50ct Columbian emerald, insignificant to minor oil, enhanced by 3.50tcw trapezoid, baguette, and square step-cut diamonds. It's difficult to capture in photos the full beauty of an emerald, but I'm doing my best.

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 4.jpg

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 1.jpg

The second interchangeable centerpiece is beautifully designed but much less ornate 18K gold setting with 1.25tcw full-cut diamonds

Diamond and Pearl Necklace 2.jpg

Diamond and Pearl Necklace 1.jpg

The piece was advertised as a pearl necklace with two interchangeable centerpieces, and as such DW wasn't too interested because she didn't think there would be very many occasions to wear it. However as she was switching out the centerpieces she found the emerald had a hinged bale concealed in the back. So it could now be worn as a pendant without the pearls, making it much more versatile, and DW fell in love!

Emerald Pendant 7.jpg

Emerald Pendant 6.jpg

DW is now debating which of the three options she likes best, and I would be very interested to know which one you like best, and which one you think you would wear the most. :?: :))
Beautifully made ! And looks great on her!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love interchangeable jewellery, thanks for sharing! :love:

I prefer the Emerald centre piece as a pendant on its own myself.

DK :))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too prefer the pendant on the chain. It is a beautiful piece of jewelry!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whoa!! They are ALL beautiful! On her, I like the plain - can you call it plain? - pearls with the diamond centerpiece. It compliments her skin tone and will go with everything. For me, it would be the emerald on the chain simply because I can't carry off the pearls. Your DH is so beautiful and she can carry off ANYTHING!!

Did I say wow?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Versatile jewellery is the best!!!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the pearl and diamond combo. It looks very Italian/ European and is unique. The emerald pendant is beautiful too but not so unique.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Amazing! Very beautiful. And the necklace is nice too.

Seriously, great design. Well done!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have nowhere to wear any of them but the gold chain and emerald are to die for!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
WOW @prs!!! That is some serious jewelry right there:love::love:. Stunning!! Congrats on your wife's latest acquisition!!

@AprilBaby, I'd wear that necklace anywhere and everywhere...even as I'm doing chores around the house. I want to look as regal as possible while I'm rolling out the garbage :lol: :lol:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowzers! That emerald & diamond pendant is just breathtaking!

For me, I like the emerald on the gold chain the most, followed by the emerald on the pearl's. I think for everyday, the gold chain is more versatile.

What a cool piece! Your wife is a very lucky lady!
Thank you, I too like the simple elegance of the emerald on a gold chain.

Gorgeous! Now that’s a lot of fabulous options and they are all beautiful! :kiss2:
Thank you, DW is going to be spoilt for choice! :)

All gorgeous but if I was choosing for me I would choose the pearls with the 18K gold setting with 1.25tcw full-cut diamonds. Just because it goes with everything. But all the choices are so glamorous and delicious so it just comes down to your DW's personal preference.
Thank you! I agree the pearls with diamond centerpiece are a stunner!

WOW, stunning!!!!! How versatile and elegant. It reminds me of the jewelry of royals, who often have their jewels designed such that centerpieces can be swapped out and used in different ways. Love it!
Thank you! The prestigous Spanish jeweler Yanes was founded in Madrid by Claudio Yanes in 1881, and they may well have made jewelry for Spanish royalty over the years. Maybe DW will feel like a Queen when she wears this! :)

IMO the emerald and chain is the best, by far.​
It's striking, not too much, elegant, while deeply classy.​
Thanks @kenny. I think you are absolutely right, DW was about to pass on this piece until she discovered the emerald could be worn as a pendant.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautifully made ! And looks great on her!
Thank you!

I love interchangeable jewellery, thanks for sharing! :love:

I prefer the Emerald centre piece as a pendant on its own myself.

DK :))
Thank you, me too!

I too prefer the pendant on the chain. It is a beautiful piece of jewelry!
Thank you so much!

Whoa!! They are ALL beautiful! On her, I like the plain - can you call it plain? - pearls with the diamond centerpiece. It compliments her skin tone and will go with everything. For me, it would be the emerald on the chain simply because I can't carry off the pearls. Your DH is so beautiful and she can carry off ANYTHING!!

Did I say wow?
You are always so kind, and I'm sure you could carry off the pearls no problem! Here's another photo of that option just for you! :D

Diamond and Pearl Necklace 3.jpg

Versatile jewellery is the best!!!
You are so right, it's like we got three gorgeous options for the price of one!

I love the pearl and diamond combo. It looks very Italian/ European and is unique. The emerald pendant is beautiful too but not so unique.
Yes, thank you, the pearl and diamond combo does look fantastic with a black top!

Amazing! Very beautiful. And the necklace is nice too.

Seriously, great design. Well done!
Thank you, not my design of course, but I do take credit for spotting this hidden treasure. The piece didn't meet reserve, and failed to sell at a previous auction, so this time around the estimate was much lower. The auction catalog emphasized the most expensive option, the pearls with emerald combo, and to be honest, I think that combo is just too much in this day and age. Maybe 40-50 years ago it would have flown, but not today. It will have to be a very special and ultra dressy occasion for DW to wear it like that.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would have nowhere to wear any of them but the gold chain and emerald are to die for!
Thank you! @maita13 and @ChaiK are helping us out below with when to wear them! :lol:

WOW @prs!!! That is some serious jewelry right there:love::love:. Stunning!! Congrats on your wife's latest acquisition!!

@AprilBaby, I'd wear that necklace anywhere and everywhere...even as I'm doing chores around the house. I want to look as regal as possible while I'm rolling out the garbage :lol: :lol:
I like the emerald worn with the pearl necklace. Very beautiful!

Just wear it with jeans. I do that all the time with my pearls. No need dressy occasion. Just wear it and flaunt it.

Because you can, and life is too short not to.
It's interesting how differently men and women look at jewelry. I say "Oh that looks great" and DW replies "I'd never wear it"

Now I have the perfect answer "Just wear it and flaunt it" even when putting out the trash! :lol:

@ChaiK here's another photo of the emerald with pearl combo

Emerald and Pearl Necklace 3.jpg

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
@prs...All the combos posted are gorge!! I can't choose one over the other- I love both emeralds and pearls. Well, all types of jewelry for that matter. And because I'm such a homebody with no social life, I only get to wear my jewelry around the house:lol-2:.

Although I'm no Elizabeth Taylor who wore her jewelry everyday of her life, even to bed, I happen to subscribe to the same notion: that these pieces are not meant to kept under lock and key, or to be stared at, or be worn only on special occasions...but to be wholly appreciated by wearing them at all possible times. I think that's how you breathe life and soul in what would otherwise be cold and inanimate objects.

And as ChaiK said, life IS too short...I should know. I don't want to miss out on the fabulousness of both the emerald/step cut pendant and diamond/pearl choker. So you better believe it, I'd wear them every chance I get, even when "expelling the toxic":lol::lol:.

Seriously though, your wife's pieces are just phenomenal!! Wear them in happiness and good health.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the pearls and emeralds the best
as @lambskin said its very European royalty
Camilla Dutchess of Cornwall wears perals with amazing centre pieces all the time and in the day time

Perals like to be worn
id be wearing that to work every day
what a Fabulouse buy your wife got
good for her

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
now you know !!!
putting out the rubbish !
this Wednesday when i wheel out the weelie bin im going to wear mum's pearls !

i did read in a book once dress as if you are going somewhere more excitting next

serously i think its just conditioning oneself to wearing our jewlery more often - and for our own enjoyment and who gives two hoots what any one else thinks

We can't take it with us when we are gone so might as well bling up the life we have right now

....gotta go
off to put my pearls on
alas no emerald pendant although i do have two diamond and emerald beads i have pearl plans for

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
now you know !!!
putting out the rubbish !
this Wednesday when i wheel out the weelie bin im going to wear mum's pearls !

i did read in a book once dress as if you are going somewhere more excitting next

serously i think its just conditioning oneself to wearing our jewlery more often - and for our own enjoyment and who gives two hoots what any one else thinks

We can't take it with us when we are gone so might as well bling up the life we have right now

....gotta go
off to put my pearls on
alas no emerald pendant although i do have two diamond and emerald beads i have pearl plans for

Hear, hear!! Couldn't agree more @Daisys and Diamonds:D

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@prs wow!!! Love interchangeable jewelry.

My fave is the emerald on gold chain.
Then on the press necklace.

Amazing find!
Congrats!!!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Votee for the pearl and emerald necklace. Stunning!!!
Thank you mellow!

i love the pearls and emeralds the best
as @lambskin said its very European royalty
Camilla Dutchess of Cornwall wears perals with amazing centre pieces all the time and in the day time

Perals like to be worn
id be wearing that to work every day
what a Fabulouse buy your wife got
good for her
Another vote for pearls and emerald, thank you so much. You must be very confident to be willing to wear those to work!!!

@prs wow!!! Love interchangeable jewelry.

My fave is the emerald on gold chain.
Then on the press necklace.

Amazing find!
Congrats!!!
Thanks Greg, the simple but elegant emerald on gold chain is my favorite too. In fact, let's have some more photos of it :)

Emerald Pendant 1.jpg Emerald Pendant 2.jpg Emerald Pendant 5.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wowzer!!! Sooo nice to have others who cannot have enough emeralds! I absolutely love the “simple” combo. The emerald pendant on a plain chain lets that amazing pendant take centerstage.

Reactions: prs

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love pearls. Love the emerald part. How is it changed from one to another? (I am interested in the mechanism)

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Just love this necklace! So unique and bold. I hope your wife is enjoying it. Thank you so much for sharing.

Reactions: prs
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results