shape
carat
color
clarity

American Idol -- my dirty secret

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa''s song style is too predictable for my tastes. La la, whine whine. Big smile. La la, whiiiiiine.

That''s the STAR SEARCH way! Great literary example of it starset!

I know Bucky is supposed to be the raw rocker but he doesn''t have enough control to be great. Bucky''s comment on Simon''s hair comment - I know dude, it wasn''t my idea.

Another Bucky comment on hair. He wants Ryan Seacrest hair. I''d like to see it.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
And that is why Stevie Wonder is Stevie Wonder. His songs sure did seem tough to sing.

I am not feeling the Ace hate, ya''ll. I think he''s cute as bug in a rug. Mind you, a sexually ambivalent bug, but a bug nonetheless.

Anyhoodle...the sings -

The most bestest awesomeness

Chris - Yowsa. He is just so good. Although I did think the had a *slight* advantage because the Red Hot Chili Peppers already did a hard funky version of the song. Regardless, he was fantastic. Just amazing. I soooo puffy heart him.

The good but not bestest

McPhee - Hmmm. I realize the judges were all googoo over her. I wasn''t crazy about it. It might have been because I was not familiar with song she did. Who knows. I thought she did a nice job. And AGAIN with the faux-maternity clothes. Please stop Girlfriend. Please stop.

Taylor - I actually thought he did a good job. Mr.Littlelysser, who doesn''t "watch" AI, yet sits there with me and doodles on the computer, looked up and said, "wow, he''s really good." Coming from Mr.Littlelysser, that mean something.

Paris - She did a very nice job. BUT THE OUTFIT BURNED MY EYES! Gah! She has a stylist now? Well, that person needs to be fired. Or tarred and feathered. That was awful.

The didn''t make my ears bleed, but didn'' love it...AKA Meh...

Sucky Bucky - Dude, you don''t GROWL out Stevie Wonder songs. Singing it with your crappy country growl does not make the song "yours" it makes it annoying. Furthermore, do NOT admit that you don''t own a Stevie Wonder album and that you don''t listen to him. Foolish foolish suckitude. All that having been said, he didn''t make my ears bleed.

Mandisa - and it pains me to put her in this catagory...but she just didn''t do it for me. She kind of seem to fall into the trap of not doing all that well on the lower parts, and the smacking the glory notes out of the park. I''d like to see something else from her. Don''t know what...I''m just saying. And the thing with the shoes? Made me giggle.

Lisa - eh. alright. cute outfit tonight. Hair looked a little rough. Meh. I just don''t get her.

Melissa - She did fine...but she just bugs. Don''t know why. I just don''t like her. Yeah.

Elliot- Bless his little ugly heart, he can sing...I just don''t really care for him. And the white blazer was a questionable fashion choice...I don''t know what it is about it...I just don''t connect with him maybe? After reading my comments on Lisa, Melissa and Elliot, I think I should change my name to the visceral critic...I just get a feeling and I don''t like it...WHy? who knows...

The Bad -

Kevin - Okay, I agree that I wasn''t expecting it to be in tune. But it smacked of that guy from a few seasons ago trying to be funny and doing Crocidile Rock. The red haired Rick Astley looking dude, whose name is entirely escaping me...John something maybe? Anyway...we don''t watch for the funny funny we watch for the singy singy. poo. poo. poo.

Ace - Yeah. He was not good. He sure tried. But trying did not equal success in this case. Although the little part where he talked about how his life was complete? cute. But his hair and the shoes? NOt cute. The stylist on this show is on some serious hallucinagenics or something.

Kellie- That was not good. ALthough I did like her dress. A little to slow ballad-y for me. ANd it was so boring that I tivoed through a good part of it.

I''m hoping Kevin is going hom...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Is Chicken Little even likable anymore? Blech!

Ace - you are too swarmy.

I''ve always been a fan of Bucky. Me thinks Farra Fawcett should ask for her hair back.

Katherine - did really well.

Kellie - still too cute for words. She looked great. She sounded just plain O.K. - but we love her - she gets too much "press time" to go home.

Mandissa - got to LOVE a women who can''t wear high heels & decides to NOT!

Taylor - enjoyed his performance.

Elliott - always liked my homey - no different tonight - though not his best

Paris - feel asleep - literally - so I have no comment - what did she sing & did she show up?

Mellisa is very forgettable - she did o.k. last night.

Can Chris just knock it out of the park & put everyone else out of their misery. He''s so on to a career already. Give someone a chance MAN!

I hope Kevin goes. Not only can the dude not compete with real adults - he''s getting sooooo unlikeable.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Lysser: How does Mr. Littlelysser like to be referred to as Mr. Littlelysser? Your post had me DYING! DYING!

A COLLECTION of Classics, IMO! I'm rolling here!

a sexually ambivalent bug, but a bug nonetheless.

Anyhoodle...the sings -

And AGAIN with the faux-maternity clothes. Please stop Girlfriend. Please stop.

Mr.Littlelysser, who doesn't 'watch' AI, yet sits there with me and doodles on the computer, looked up and said, 'wow, he's really good.' Coming from Mr.Littlelysser, that mean something.

that person needs to be fired.

Foolish foolish suckitude. .

I just don't like her. Yeah.

Elliot- Bless his little ugly heart, he can sing...

we don't watch for the funny funny we watch for the singy singy. poo. poo. poo.

The stylist on this show is on some serious hallucinagenics or something.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha everyone's recaps are so great, i totally love this thread and look forward to it every morning after idol!! you guys always catch things i totally missed too!

cocky little love it!!!

oh and littlelysser, i should tell you that your 'i SO puffy heart it' has moved into real time...i was out with jorman last week and we were talking about this thread and 5 minutes later she used it. so you are famous here in northern california, just thought you might wanna know.

oh and paris, yes the clothes for her are going from bad to worse at this point, she does look like a stuffed wind up doll and that is NOT a compliment. i thought that what she was wearing last nite made her look really puffy and just unflattering, she needs to find a style that works better for her. and man those curls she had in the rehearsal? i know she is young but GIRL...

greg is a huge stevie wonder fan and thats why i watched the show without him last nite while he was at rehearsal (and replayed chris and the last 2 minutes where they run through what everyone sang for 30 seconds for him later) because i knew he'd be sitting next to me saying things like 'that's so wrong' and 'you can't karaoke stevie wonder'and 'man that guy's hair really does look like jessica simpson'....

20.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was my imagination that little icky Kevin did (or tried pathetically) to do a little pelvic thrust dance, but I skimmed back through and it sure looked like it to me! Shudder, skin crawl....blech! I''m still hoping that it was my imagination! Anyone else notice that and lose their appetite? Kevin is showing his mouthy little nasty side...and that will (hope pray) lose him the granny vote!

Melissa bugs me too...just don''t like her, and forgetting the words was dorky!

Last night was the first time I''ve evercalled in and voted on AI!
36.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Yay I''m a mink!!!

hehee.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone else notice Kevin do some type of chicken dance?? I busted out laughing. I can''t get past the lisp, either --- wish I had put him as my first to go b/c his comment to Simon was out of line so soon. You have to be GOOD to talk back to Simon.

I put Melisa as my first to go, since Simon''s been hating on her through the top 24, but she sounded good (ok good, not great good) and damned if Simon didn''t have to day something *nice* about her. Personally I like her better than Kevin and I guess I wanted to lost Fantasy Idol right out of the gate :)

Bucky is not as good as previous country boys on the show. I think last night the country vote went to him over Kellie though, who was way out of her league with that song, and IMO out-of-line to admit to not knowing Stevie Wonder music. Not something people will embrace her for. But she has a good natural voice and the majority sympathy vote.

Ace was blah and way too touchy -- I totally agree with all of you who were creeped out by that! Elliot is good but last night was --as Randy would say -- just ok for me. Nothing special and I think he may fall between the cracks sooner than most of us would like. Forgettable.

I love Mandisa overall, but last night wasn''t her best. Still she showed she could sing. Lisa/Paris both better, but not special (esp Lisa ---very rehearsed)

Loved Katharine''s voice, couldn''t stop thinking about the dress long enough to really listen :) Like many of you, I instnatly thought "pregnancy dress" -- better yet ---mumu! Don''t wear a-lines if you have a butt or hips! Even if you are super pretty. Simon commented on her reminded him of Kelly Clarkson which I was thinking about 3 weeks ago -- you all have probably already discussed that though!

So to me ladt night it was Taylor and Chris -- just the performance quality of both of them because they are both arguably the least versatile performers of the top 12. We''ll see. I love them both but I am so afraid they could both fall victim to "one bad week." Maybe not Chris since he''s plain hot.

Last night''s big loser: The stylists!! (can we make taylor look any older?? Bucky''s dilemma and paris and katharine and Kellie''s outfits were all just wrong!!!)

Wow, I really enjoyed ladt night''s performances overall, but I guess I''m a critic too. :)

My bet''s on Kevin going home tonight b/c he will not win any votes with all of the people that tuned in last night for the first time.

peace,
jen

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
damn damn and double damn!!

oh my god!!! ace in the bottom three over kevin? what the hell was that about? not like i didn't think that he'd go at some point but so soon in the bottom three? and cocky little safe? SO WRONG. when i heard it was ace over kevin...'oh my god you have to be BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPETYBLEEP kidding me'...portia actually left her bone chewing and ran over to me looking all worried.

did anyone else see taylor checking out kellie's rack right when stevie started singing? he had the sliding eyes and everything. saucy mink.

how stressful would it be to be over to the bottom right of the contestant pool when they all sit down, you know one of those last two is almost always going home.

okay melissa i could have called in the bottom three but ace and lisa too? and lisa over bucky?!? america is smoking some serious crack.

well i didn't call melissa as going home just yet, but she was in my bottom three so i guess it's okay but HELLO. would someone friggin vote cocky little out already? PLEASE? i'll pay!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 1:02:02 AM
Author: Mara

damn damn and double damn!!

oh my god!!! ace in the bottom three over kevin? what the hell was that about? not like i didn''t think that he''d go at some point but so soon in the bottom three? and cocky little safe? SO WRONG. when i heard it was ace over kevin...''oh my god you have to be BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPETYBLEEP kidding me''...portia actually left her bone chewing and ran over to me looking all worried.

did anyone else see taylor checking out kellie''s rack right when stevie started singing? he had the sliding eyes and everything. saucy mink.

how stressful would it be to be over to the bottom right of the contestant pool when they all sit down, you know one of those last two is almost always going home.

okay melissa i could have called in the bottom three but ace and lisa too? and lisa over bucky?!? america is smoking some serious crack.

well i didn''t call melissa as going home just yet, but she was in my bottom three so i guess it''s okay but HELLO. would someone friggin vote cocky little out already? PLEASE? i''ll pay!
I''ll donate to your fund to get rid of him!! I''m tired of my skin crawling when I watch him...

IMHO It should have been Kevin, Melissa, and probably Bucky...even though Bucky seems so sweet and he''s growing on me!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
First I was shocked that Ace was in the bottom three. The look on his face reminded me of a deer caught in headlights and i swear I thought he was about to cry. I''m not an Ace fan but he didn''t belong in the bottom three last night. What made it worse was that Cocky Chicken Little wasn''t there???? I was so mad..his head is only going to get bigger
20.gif
. Lisa surprised me too but I just think the fans were scattered amongst the others so she was left short. If she has a killer performance next week I''d think she''d jump back up in the standings. Melissa didn''t surprise me either. I had her leaving next week because I was hoping and praying that Kevin would go first
7.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
I got #1 Correct!
36.gif

Not that "cocky doodle" didn''t deserve to go, it''s just that Melissa didn''t have a chance in heck! She was a good singer but she wasn''t "pimped". No "pimping" = family fan base.

I totally believed that Ace and Lisa deserved their bottom 3 placement. Think back to Tuesday and remember how rehearsed and unoriginal those performances were. They weren''t terrible, but nothing set them apart. So with Cocky Little and votefortheworst.com it just went all to heck. Bucky deserved to be there, IMO. He''ll get better and if not, I still like seeing him perform. At least he aint a cocky little s***! I say next week we pick someone we think is going to go home before Cocky and all vote multiple times for that person!

Ace doesn''t have a personality. I think I have him going 4 or 5 or something. Anywho, did you all see his creepy bow to the audience when he was told he wasn''t going home? Weird.

Did you see Kellie REACH ove Taylorr to grab resident hottie Chris'' thigh to "congratulate" him on his safeness? And Chris'' uncomfortable response of hitting Taylor on the thigh? Kellie wants him, no doubt. I rewinded to see if she had done something remotely similar to Taylor since she was sitting right next to him. NO. Just clapping and smiling and clapping and smiling. NO GROPING! Naughty Mink. Don''t make all wives accross America Bit** SLAP you!

So I''m sitting pretty with my picks so far! Kevin, you''re NEXT!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I can''t believe for the life of me I''m still "in" fantasy idol! :) I never would have guess after those performances Kevin would not only stay, but not be in the bottom 3! In a way, I wasn''t surprused about Ace. He had to start the show and was forgettable. Think of the newbies tuning in for the first time. I personally didn''t think he or Lisa belonged there either.

I wish we could use our votes *against* someone and just all vote the "cocky little" outta there (I LOVE that nickname, btw. I''d be willing to pay too, whatever it takes
10.gif

ps What is Paula on

35.gif
jen

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Does Cocky little have pics on someone? Why oh Why America? Does votefortheworst have to be THIS painful?

The bottom three didn''t surprise me. Lisa is caught in no man''s land regarding fan base - as certainly was Mellisa. I think quite a few people don''t like Ace. But, sometimes being in the bottom three can bring the fans to vote for them next time.

Do I have to say that Bucky isn''t all that sucky FOR THE HUNDRETH TIME !
2.gif
Not that I think he will be Idol. But, I''d like to see him at least for the next two shows. He''s sweet and not dopey stupid cocky like Kevin.

Oh well.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
I wasn''t surprised with the bottom three -- I wasn''t happy that chicken little wasn''t in the bottom three - but it wasn''t a big shock when ace and lisa got in there.

and actually for both of those two -- it may help them more than anything else in this competition. You know all the little teeny boppers who are in love with the creepy boy (aka Ace) will now start marathon dialing to make sure he sticks around. And maybe the "shock" of Lisa being in the bottom 3 will shake a few people loose from other contestants to vote for her instead.

the stylists must have had the night off -- most everyone looked way more normal last night - and Melissa was back to her "all tarted up" fashion and makeup stylings. She totally knew she was going home.

Patrick (aka - first boy to go) made some comment in an interview that you (as in the contestant) can totally tell when you are going home because the producers treat you differently. I''m not sure if that means they distance themselves from you or what - but it would be interesting to see what the other booted''s would have to say about that.

And I missed it - did they say what theme next week was going to be?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 8:29:50 AM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
36.gif
I got #1 Correct!
36.gif

Meee tooo sistah ... and the repressed "told ya sos" are cramping my tongue! J/K

I agree w/ what's been said so far (AND ALWAYS ENJOY READING IT)
9.gif
9.gif
... but here's my tiny contribution today.

It's about "expectation" ... BUCKY & COCKY were both MUCH better than you'd expect them to be on "Stevie Wonder" night. KELLIE, you wouldn't expect to do well, so it's not suprising she didn't. ACE & LISA ... you'd EXPECT them to do well so, when they didn't (or were at least Meh) they sunk to the bottom. They dissapointed what few fans they had.
2.gif

I didn't hear the theme for next week either, but pray it's not Country, as I've got BUCKY next to go.

p.s. - I missed all the lusty Taylor/Kellie/Chris action going on - but I thought Taylor looked sah-weet in his more casual jacket (less Dad, more "Dude")

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i missed it if they talked about theme as well...

ace SO had the deer in headlights look, kind of like when he performs sometimes up on stage, that boy cannot hide a feeling to save his life...

LOL i totally thought i saw kellie reach across to do something when chris was ''safe'' but i didn''t think it was grabbing of the thigh, OH BOY. between taylor checkin'' out her rack and her grabbing chris''s thigh...love triangle drama on it''s way!!

i also thought their first ''commercial'' together was really cute and chris was sooo damn sexy opening up strumming his guitar by the fire, *insertpurringcatnoisehere*...

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Mara - you made me laugh out loud. In my quiet office...

I can''t believe cocky little wasn''t in the bottom three. My views of the world are shaken to their very core.

Wasn''t surprised about Melissa. Won''t really miss the little tart-lette...but wish her the best!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t see it last night....which guy was voted off? Or are they just voting off one at a time, now?

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Once it''s down to the final 12, they only vote off one person at a time.

I didn''t see the episode either, but apparently next week''s theme is the 1950''s. Should be interesting...

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ok, I have a question......Chris is married, and has kids.....how come they are never there watching him perform???????

I understand the kids have school, but comeon! its a once in a lifetime opportunity to see your hubby/dad doing something like AI...

maybe they are not together?????.....hence little Miss Pickler is getting "picky" on him?????

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 2:19:58 PM
Author: jetmal
ok, I have a question......Chris is married, and has kids.....how come they are never there watching him perform??????

I think he has school-age stepkids from his wife''s previous relationship. They live in North Carolina -- not sure the whole family can uproot to LA every Tuesday! Maybe they visit on the weekends?

Celeb wives/kids don''t travel to the movie set always - I wouldn''t consider their absence a death knell to the relationship quite yet
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 2:24:38 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 3/16/2006 2:19:58 PM
Author: jetmal
ok, I have a question......Chris is married, and has kids.....how come they are never there watching him perform??????

I think he has school-age stepkids from his wife's previous relationship. They live in North Carolina -- not sure the whole family can uproot to LA every Tuesday! Maybe they visit on the weekends?

Celeb wives/kids don't travel to the movie set always - I wouldn't consider their absence a death knell to the relationship quite yet
2.gif
Yeah I got the vibe like they don't have much money either..not sure if AI pays for the family to visit or what.

I remember Chris and his wife from the auditions, man was this chick a basket case or what, does anyone else remember her? I could have sworn she talked about how great he was to her and her kids from her old marriage and what a saving grace he was to her blah blah *wild sobbing*. She was like 'Oh this is his dream, if he could just have something great after everything he has done for us' *cuegushingtears*...and then sobbed some more after he came out with his yellow paper, and was stuck to the door the whole time he was inside there, totally emotional and IMO he is out of her league, but whatever, there's no accounting for taste.
9.gif
11.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I totally remember Chris'' wife from his audition. I remember thinking she was a total weirdo and that they looked a little, well, strange together. I didn''t realize at the time he would make it this far (of course now I think differently!). She must be a really special gal, because I too was thinking what the hell is he doing with that wacko?!
2.gif
I''d be willing to bet that if he makes it big she''ll be the type that can''t handle everything that goes along with his fame, but I''m guessing that it will all work out for her in the end if ya know what I mean...

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I feel bad talking about the man''s wife. I mean, there is no accounting for taste. One man''s trash is one man''s treasure. She seemed a little overexcited and overly gushy but.... as long as they don''t become Kim Mathers and Eminem, i''ll reserve judgement (I know it''s shocking!
31.gif
). I DO think, however, that Ms. Pickler should keep her hands off him!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 3:19:19 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
I feel bad talking about the man''s wife. I mean, there is no accounting for taste. One man''s trash is one man''s treasure. She seemed a little overexcited and overly gushy but.... as long as they don''t become Kim Mathers and Eminem, i''ll reserve judgement (I know it''s shocking!
31.gif
). I DO think, however, that Ms. Pickler should keep her hands off him!
lol HOW NICE !!!!! Haha and all I said was she was an emotional tweaker!
5.gif
And well, out of his league.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, it''s not very nice to talk about her, you''re right. Kellie reminds me of a girl I knew since Brownie scouts--she was blond, cute as a button, etc. and all the guys LOVED her, lol. She never had to really say anything intelligent, she just had that charm about her that they were drawn to (and boobs, ha ha.) I took my hubby to my 10 year reunion last summer and we were talking to my parents before we left to go--my mom says "are you going to let Michael dance with Sarah ___? If I were you, I''d keep them away from each other!" LOL, my mom is nuts. But you know, I held onto him pretty tight when I was introducing them to each other that night. As it turned out, she had moved to Chicago also and was getting a divorce, so I made sure they steered clear of each other the rest of the night, hee hee. I mean, I trust my husband, but ya never know!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
FTLD: you new avatar is hilarious
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 3:29:03 PM
Author: mrssalvo
FTLD: you new avatar is hilarious
3.gif
I can't see what is written on Kevin? Hopefully something like DIE DIE DIE! er I mean 'go home'.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
FTLD

Your avatar is repugnant.

I
emlove.gif
it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results