shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazon Prime shows and other movies/series worth watching!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching "The Night of" on HBO. A limited run series that my dh and I are enjoying.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching and enjoying on HBO GO The Leftovers. A hidden gem IMO though season 1 is a bit disorganized it's worth watching and season 2 is excellent so far. I believe there are 3 seasons available.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finished and loved “The Leftovers”. Now enjoying “Enlightened” with Laura Dern and her real life mom Diane Ladd and Luke Wilson. On HBO Go.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Detective Anna on Amazon Prime.
Love the costuming (clothes & hats), jewelry and the historical touches.
Had a hard time early on getting any chemistry between the main characters - he looks older than her dad (he probably is) & she's supposed to be 19.
But other than that it was enjoyable if you like detective shows. The actress that plays Anna is lovely and her character is so sweet yet strong.
I should mention it is in Russian with subtitles if that's a deal breaker.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We really recently watched Chernobyl :-o really good and well worth seeing.

We’re currently enjoying Designated Survivor, only on series 1, and friends have told us it just gets better & better.

Also watching The Looming Tower.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will see if I get any of these. Canadian Prime and Netflix aren't the same, so we often don't get some shows.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot remember what I recommended but here are a few goodies on Amazon Prime.

Lady Bird (hysterical and moving)

The Big Sick

The Florida Project (poignant)

A Quiet Place (horror, well done)

Room (horror in a way)

Just saw "The Taking of Pelham 1, 2, 3 " is available on Amazon now. Saw it in the 70s so my memory might be faulty but I loved this movie. I was a little kid at the time however so perhaps if I watched it now I would not feel the same but I did enjoy it then.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought I'd bump this up.

On amazon prime - Good Omens. I just loved it! May offend some if deeply religious. I think I binged it in 2 days or so.

Hulu - Handmaids tale. Just started this last week and already in season 2. Really enjoying it. It's super interesting that the book was written in 1985 :-o

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Netflix - Dark

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LekiliRN

Rough_Rock
Covert Affairs on Amazon Prime...5 seasons and soooo good!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Covert Affairs on Amazon Prime...5 seasons and soooo good!

We saw this when it was on one of the cable networks originally. Very entertaining!

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am in the middle of Carnival Row and so far, I love it! (Warning there is pretty graphic sex and violence) The storyline is really interesting and I think they did a good job of worldbuilding. It has a mystery plot line, two romance plotlines and a political intrigue plotline; so something for everyone.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved Carnival Row. I hated what the critics said though. I hope it continues to have more seasons. I don't usually even like fantasy, but this show was unique and interesting.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved Carnival Row. I hated what the critics said though. I hope it continues to have more seasons. I don't usually even like fantasy, but this show was unique and interesting.

I started watching Carnival Row too and so far I'm enjoying it! I'm only on the second episode but I like the freshness of it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished Modern Love on Amazon Prime. LOVED it. Highly recommend. Lots of great actors and lots of heartwarming stories. Based on true stories. We very much enjoyed the entire series.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So last night we watched a surprisingly entertaining horror movie (not gory but psychologically captivating) on Amazon called "Enter Nowhere"

I love psychological horror movies and if you do you might want to check it out.

We then started but did not get far as then I was tired and went to bed but will continue tonight another scary movie called "A Haunting on Brockway Street"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost forgot the newest Mrs Maisel season is out and it's good! We watched the whole season in 2 nights lol. Gobbled it up.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think top gear is back, so I'm sure my husband will be watching that soon lol.
I really want to start Mrs Maisel!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think top gear is back, so I'm sure my husband will be watching that soon lol.
I really want to start Mrs Maisel!

It's really an entertaining show IMO. Both my dh and I enjoy it. One of the seasons wasn't as good as the others (don't remember which) but still head and shoulders above most of what is on TV and all in all enjoyable. This latest season we watched in 2 nights straight and it was very good. I love her dresses!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched an intense documentary "Into the Arms of Strangers: Stories of the Kindertransport" last night and thought it fitting to share being the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz.

Sad but also uplifting though horrifying how many countries refused entry to the Jews and others who were being murdered. Including the USA and much of Europe. Very sobering indeed. I knew these facts but watching this documentary brought up all those awful feelings again. How so much of the world turned its backs on people who desperately needed them. :(

I think of what could have been. What cures would have been found by now by the children and grandchildren that never were due to the Holocaust. What great strides we could have made beyond where we are now. And of course the terrible loss of innocent lives. What a shame.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw Night Manager with Tom Hiddleston. So good.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The New Pope, Hulu. I've watched only 2 episodes so far of this delicious parody of the holy see.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yassssssss, wooooHOOOOOOOOOOO Prime has all seasons of Black Adder. I am complete. I forgot to search for Are You Being Served and if it's available, I will be complete x 2. Love these older britcoms.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have been watching a TV show called Justified on Hulu as we are back in the south again we are getting a big kick out of this show, it's funny and well acted.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The New Pope, Hulu. I've watched only 2 episodes so far of this delicious parody of the holy see.

Did you watch season one which is called The Young Pope? We started with that one and now are caught up with the New Pope. Loving it, wacky but good.

We are also watching the outsider but the last two episodes were pretty terrible. First two were awesome.

We are caught up on the crown and the handmaid’s tale.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh!!! There is a 3 part series called something like the ladyboys of Thailand. We thought it was interesting and it answered a lot of my questions...

ETA: ladyboys:inside Thailand's Third gender

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results