shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazon Prime shows and other movies/series worth watching!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watched Prisoners on HBO. A thriller though a bit violent in parts which I didn't care for but I just looks away. We enjoyed the movie. Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal and Maria Bello. Excellent actors.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moon (2009) on HBO. A sci fi thriller. Sam Rockwell stars. It's about self determination, hope, love and sacrifice. I enjoyed this despite it being a bit slow in parts.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched Parasite last night. It was entertaining but I wouldn't have chosen it for best picture.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched Parasite last night. It was entertaining but I wouldn't have chosen it for best picture.

I am going to watch this this weekend!
Have you watched the other best pic noms? Did you think a different one deserved it?

I've only seen once up a time in Hollywood and the joker.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to watch this this weekend!
Have you watched the other best pic noms? Did you think a different one deserved it?

I've only seen once up a time in Hollywood and the joker.

So far this is the only one I’ve seen. I want to see Judy but might wait til it comes to cable vs paying for it on Amazon Prime because my dh isn’t too excited about watching it so maybe I’ll just wait on that.
I was loving it til it took a turn. Won’t add details so as not to spoil it for you and others who have not yet watched it.

You have a good point I haven’t seen any movies that are current except for Parasite. So I will retract my comment about the best picture award and see what I think after watching all the movies. Lol. I just didn’t think it was amazing and I guess I want a best picture to be amazing if you kwim. But it’s all relative as you wisely inferred.

Do you recommend any of the current movies that were nominated that you feel are a must see?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far this is the only one I’ve seen. I want to see Judy but might wait til it comes to cable vs paying for it on Amazon Prime because my dh isn’t too excited about watching it so maybe I’ll just wait on that.
I was loving it til it took a turn. Won’t add details so as not to spoil it for you and others who have not yet watched it.

You have a good point I haven’t seen any movies that are current except for Parasite. So I will retract my comment about the best picture award and see what I think after watching all the movies. Lol. I just didn’t think it was amazing and I guess I want a best picture to be amazing if you kwim. But it’s all relative as you wisely inferred.

Do you recommend any of the current movies that were nominated that you feel are a must see?
Once upon a time was ok, typical Quentin Tarantino. Not worth a best pic nod IMO, but entertaining enough.
Joker was really good. I think he definitely deserved the best actor award, but the movie itself ehhh.
So that's why I'm looking forward to parasite haha. Neither of these blew my mind!
I'll probably watch Marriage story one day, since its on Netflix. Probably Little Women too, but my husband also not that interested in it. Doubtful I will ever get through The Irishman lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once upon a time was ok, typical Quentin Tarantino. Not worth a best pic nod IMO, but entertaining enough.
Joker was really good. I think he definitely deserved the best actor award, but the movie itself ehhh.
So that's why I'm looking forward to parasite haha. Neither of these blew my mind!
I'll probably watch Marriage story one day, since its on Netflix. Probably Little Women too, but my husband also not that interested in it. Doubtful I will ever get through The Irishman lol

I loved Marriage Story but there are people who didn’t. It felt real if you kwim.

My friend loved Little Women. And he’s a guy so I’m guessing I will enjoy that if he said it’s good.

Same friend didn’t love Irishman. Too slow I think he said.

Parasite was really enjoyable til it took that turn and for me I sort of tuned out. But that’s me and now I react when certain things happen. Interested to hear your thoughts after you watch it. 75% of it was very enjoyable. Funny dark and entertaining.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to see Parasite, but it's not on my Canadian Prime.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I don't know about soon, but eventually.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Making the Cut" with Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum. Looking forward to watching this.

Not up to it yet as we are still watching Handmaid's Tale on Hulu.
Just started season 3. Loving it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched “Luce” last night on Hulu. I thought it was a good movie. I recommend it.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Netflix: Russian doll, Hell on Wheels, Alias Grace, The Haunting of Hill House
HBO: The Outsider
Amazon: Hereditary, if you haven't seen it yet.
More great history docs than you can shake a stick at

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Small Axe. Excellent set of films.

inne

Shiny_Rock
I've been watching Designated Survivor. The first season is amazing, then it gets kind of ridiculous, but I love it

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On SHO anytime we just watched On the Basis of Sex last night. It was great. About Ruth Bader Ginsberg. What an inspiration. And she's a Brooklyn girl :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
(Sorry none of my formatting buttons are working, not sure why, so I can't italicize today.)

We watched the movie The Dig and loved it.

Also enjoy the series Lupin.

Shameless is funny for several seasons. Then it gets stressful so I stopped watching it.

The series The Other One is funny too.

I adore the PBS series Finding Your Roots. Anything that Henry Louis Gates Jr. creates is wonderful in my opinion.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Did any one watch The Right Stuff (series)? Disney. My DH enjoyed it. I watched only the last two episodes.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched Beautiful day in the Neighborhood last night on STARZ. It was enjoyable. It's about Fred Rogers (Mr Rogers).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On STARZ.

"After the Wedding" with Julianne Moore...loved it.

And we are now watching "Never Look Away"...it's 3 hours and we are not yet halfway through but it is wonderful. LOVE it. Same people who did "The Lives of Others" which was another amazing movie.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rewatching (for the umpteenth time haha) Breakfast at Tiffany's. I adore Audrey Hepburn and love this movie. Though there is an offensive part that I forgot about (its been a decade since I watched this movie).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding to the netflix thread made me think...

For those that like Cantonese martial arts period sagas, Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Sabre. 50 episodes, so get ready to dig in. This series has been remade 5 times (I think.) When I was a kid I watched the 1986 version, but this 2019 version is excellent, and very true to the original book by Jin Yong according to my Dad who read the original daily articles when it was published in the Hong Kong newspapers.

Wheel of Time is pretty good, interesting.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rewatching (for the umpteenth time haha) Breakfast at Tiffany's. I adore Audrey Hepburn and love this movie. Though there is an offensive part that I forgot about (its been a decade since I watched this movie).

Love BAT movie too. But I found on Amazon prime that my often watched and rewatched movies some how convert from free to a pay for view. Also movies of similar genre that I have watched also pop up now for cost. Anyone else have this experience?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love BAT movie too. But I found on Amazon prime that my often watched and rewatched movies some how convert from free to a pay for view. Also movies of similar genre that I have watched also pop up now for cost. Anyone else have this experience?

Interesting. Last night I wanted to watch The Godfather and it is no longer free. Of course Greg was like cmon we can afford $2.99 but LOL it is the principle of the thing. We pay so much monthly for all the cable channels. I am not paying for The Godfather. So we started Dead Man Walking instead and I am enjoying it and don't think I saw it before. Unlike The Godfather which I must have seen at least a dozen times lol.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re watching Being the Ricardos about Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz.

Nicole Kidman is practically unrecognisable, what’s she done to herself?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barefoot in the Park.

A wonderful movie from 1967.
Jane Fonda and Robert Redford.
Fourth time we watched it in twenty years.
Well worth checking out if you have not yet seen this gem.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results