shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazing Asscher examples please!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Firstly, I've done a reasonable amount of research on Asschers but the more I read and see, the more I get confused lol As such, please don't think this is a lazy person's way of understanding what an amazing Asscher is. I know it's one of the most subjective cuts out there and how they look in photos and videos may differ in real life but I have to make a start in choosing a stone.

So if anyone with some spare time could post an example of what they consider a well cut/great performing Asscher, and briefly explain why, I'd be super grateful. I don't mind which vendor/website. It's more for education than purchase so please don't go to great lengths lol

Thank you in advance!

NB - I am not looking for a stone larger than a carat, but I still want to get my purchase right.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One word "Octavia" . Where is @kenny ? Our Octavia expert.

I was the owner of this ring..

New owner with a beautiful new setting..

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Octavia is the top dog, but it’s a little different than the average asscher.
There are Royal Asschers (difficult to find, but they exist).
There are vintage cut Asschers.
This all depends on preference and taste.
Have you narrowed down your preferences?
Step cuts vary, and each has their own personality, depending on how they are cut.
I’m happy to post some examples, but I’d like to stay within what you like.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also sold, but this is a nice example of a vintage cut Asscher.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer video, but this static photo shows a modern Asscher with consistent facet pattern.
It’s bright across the center, face-on, with no obstruction (at this angle).
You’d need to see it in motion to see how the steps perform, but, this would be an Asscher I’d inquire about, and request more visual aid on.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And then, the Octavia.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let’s not forget our square emerald cuts, and elongated Asschers...

Antique, and more of a square EC shape...

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
@Matthews1127 Thanks for all those examples. I'll go over them tomorrow for extra homework!
@OoohShiny - Yoram... Need we say more? Sigh...

I would loooooooove an Octavia but unless I win the lottery, it's not likely to happen. Yoram is such a lovely person but he let me down gently lol

I am just after a garden variety Asscher for now - open to 3 or 4 steps. Modern cut is fine.

Thanks everyone so far!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 Thanks for all those examples. I'll go over them tomorrow for extra homework!
@OoohShiny - Yoram... Need we say more? Sigh...

I would loooooooove an Octavia but unless I win the lottery, it's not likely to happen. Yoram is such a lovely person but he let me down gently lol

I am just after a garden variety Asscher for now - open to 3 or 4 steps. Modern cut is fine.

Thanks everyone so far!

JA 1.01HVVS would be my top choice of the ones I posted for you to examine. :cool2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“I would loooooooove an Octavia but unless I win the lottery, it's not likely to happen. Yoram is such a lovely person but he let me down gently lol“

Are you aware he is dabbling in MMD?
He recently cut a MM Octavia.
Very reasonable, IMO.
Couldn’t hurt to inquire with Yoram about that option.

I believe they must be over 2ct+, but for the price difference between 2ct+ Natural and 2ct+ MM, it’s worth it.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t think this was posted yet - gorgeous modern asscher!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes! Jimmianne’s asscher is one of my absolute favourites. And JbG sometimes has stunning antique asschers (@Matthews1127 has already linked some above) with a very calm and elegant look.

If you’re willing to stretch the remit to unusual emerald cuts, these from Jogani would feature high on my wish list. The amazing outline compensates for the darker centres in my book.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Are you aware he is dabbling in MMD?
He recently cut a MM Octavia.
Very reasonable, IMO.
Couldn’t hurt to inquire with Yoram about that option.

Yes thank you! I'm following the thread over in Lab Diamonds as I'm not against MMDs. I have a feeling it'll still be over my budget however. I might drop him a line and see tho. I might be surprised. There's just a price point I'm not willing to go over with MMDs, as lovely as they are.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
@Dancing Fire - Sorry if you posted about it already but any reason why you re-homed your magnificent Octavia that's related to cut etc.? So pretty...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire - Sorry if you posted about it already but any reason why you re-homed your magnificent Octavia that's related to cut etc.? So pretty...
The only reason b/c it is most impossible to upgrade. I waited 5 months for Yoram to find a rough to cut a 2.75ct Octavia, but he couldn't find one, so I gave up and bought a CBI instead.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes thank you! I'm following the thread over in Lab Diamonds as I'm not against MMDs. I have a feeling it'll still be over my budget however. I might drop him a line and see tho. I might be surprised. There's just a price point I'm not willing to go over with MMDs, as lovely as they are.

Yeah. I inquired about the octavia MMD and it was very $$ (over 10k). Granted I think its worth it bc of the details that go into cutting one, but it was sadly out of my budget.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
The James Allen H will be coming available again. I had it on hold but have decided on a different stone (not an asscher).

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah. I inquired about the octavia MMD and it was very $$ (over 10k). Granted I think its worth it bc of the details that go into cutting one, but it was sadly out of my budget.

Oh my... I think if I'm going to go over 10K (USD at that), it will be because I wont the lottery and in which case I'd get a natural stone. Mind you, with a really big lottery win I might not care about the resale value either!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my... I think if I'm going to go over 10K (USD at that), it will be because I wont the lottery and in which case I'd get a natural stone. Mind you, with a really big lottery win I might not care about the resale value either!

If I had the $$ I would have snatched it right up. That stone was totally worth it, but sadly I'll never be able to afford it haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results