shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I the only liberal who feels like just giving the F up?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don't have the energy to post/argue/battle much.

That 47% of US voters chose Trump after all he's said and done means there truly may be no hope for America.

The only light at the end of the tunnel that I see is Trump will, of course, fail to "Make America Great Again".
He just said all that shit to con gullible low-IQ people so he could get the ultimate ego-power-job.
It worked.

But in 4 years what the F will be left of America ... yea the world?

I don't think I'm being Debbie Downer.
I think I'm being accurate.

It's just all so depressing.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Am I the only liberal who feels like just giving the F u

I'm not giving up.

I'm going to bring it BIGGER, both personally with my time volunteering, and with my wallet to fund change at every level needed.

I'm a 57-year-old woman of means and I ain't playin'.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1479164053|4098483 said:
I'm not giving up.

I'm going to bring it BIGGER, both personally with my time volunteering, and with my wallet to fund change at every level needed.

I'm a 57-year-old woman of means and I ain't playin'.
This. But I'm older dang it.

Hugs Kenny. I can empathize because my emotions have been ping ponging all over the place. I'm a fighter and when the going gets tough, I get fightier.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

No. This is exactly how I feel right at this moment. And trying to explain things like racism and misogyny to people who don't get it, and don't understand why Trump is such a disgusting choice... I think of how much energy we waste trying to change the mind of just ONE person and it's like...hitting a brick wall OVER and OVER again. Some people are just never ever going to get it. It's sad and frustrating and certainly depressing. And to realize that there are so many people in America right now that just.dont.get.it is making me actually feel physically exhausted.

We can present facts, evidence, show critical thinking and logic - and it makes not a whit of difference. For today, color me depressed and tired. I'll try to fight the power again tomorrow.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Matata and azstonie - much admiration to both of you. Sincerely.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

I feel disillusioned too. The only thing I've done is set up recurring monthly donations to Planned Parenthood, ACLU, and Earthjustice.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really don't understand how it is at all appropriate to label an entire group of people as gullible and low IQ? I am not trying to start an argument but isn't there enough nastiness and isn't this the very type of generalization is causing people lash out at particular religious groups?

A friend of mine voted for Trump, she is a college educated state police sergeant, I would hardly call her gullible or low IQ.

We need to come to a middle ground if we are to make any progress in this country. It only works to their benefit if the people are divided.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

No, you aren't the only one who feels like that. I sat watching the election results and just cried. I'm exhausted.

I keep reading all the threads here in Hangout and I'm like, I don't have energy to argue anymore. America is not what I thought it was and I have to somehow make peace with that.

I have so much respect for the people who can keep fighting the good fight right now -- maybe I'll get there again, but I don't know. My mental health has taken a beating on this one.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1479163734|4098481 said:
He just said all that shit to con gullible low-IQ people so he could get the ultimate ego-power-job.
It worked.

Maybe turn that mirror around when you want to see what kind of attitude caused President Elect Trump.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just posting as a liberal in general - you are not alone.

Fighting against racism, sexism, anti LGBTQs is exhausting. It is hard. It is very much like this emoji most days. :wall:

What I think is worse, is being one of those marginalized groups, and having to deal with it daily.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are certainly not alone Kenny. Election night was bad enough then came his selections yesterday and the 60 minutes interview.
The whole damn thing is just so depressing.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

StephanieLynn|1479164759|4098490 said:
I really don't understand how it is at all appropriate to label an entire group of people as gullible and low IQ? I am not trying to start an argument but isn't there enough nastiness and isn't this the very type of generalization is causing people lash out at particular religious groups?

A friend of mine voted for Trump, she is a college educated state police sergeant, I would hardly call her gullible or low IQ.

We need to come to a middle ground if we are to make any progress in this country. It only works to their benefit if the people are divided.

I agree.

I don't think any presidency has the ability to "make America great again".... but, hey, one can hope, right? Or not. I have no idea what will happen over the next 4 years. I'm willing to reserve judgement and hope for something at least half way decent.

Q

Queenie60

redwood66|1479165188|4098492 said:
It worked.

Maybe turn that mirror around when you want to see what kind of attitude caused President Elect Trump.

Thank you Red - my thoughts exactly.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

No. But I also put my money where my mouth is. I live pretty close to DC, people are always talking politics here. There are many ways to get involved. I see people crying about the scary protesters, but okay what are you gonna do about it? The people have had enough. The tea is getting chucked off the boat. Tomorrow is a new day.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

momhappy|1479166910|4098513 said:
StephanieLynn|1479164759|4098490 said:

I agree.

I don't think any presidency has the ability to "make America great again".... but, hey, one can hope, right? Or not. I have no idea what will happen over the next 4 years. I'm willing to reserve judgement and hope for something at least half way decent.
I was hopeful too, but then Trump appointed Steve Bannon as Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor.

Honestly, besides donating money and speaking up, I don't know what to do. I'm hopeful that it might only take 2 years to flip the Senate.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kenny, I agree with StephanieLynn. It's not fair to accuse those that voted for Trump as gullible and low IQ. That's condescending, at best.... For what it's worth, where I live in smallmidwesttown USA, I only heard one thing the entire run up to the election, and that was that people disliked/hated both candidates, but he was the proverbial lesser of the two evils. And this was from 20somethings up to 90somethings, educated, Christian and non-Christian alike. I think many see Trump for what he is, but most people feel they have to vote, so he got it.

Also, many conservatives only watch FOX news. Therefore, they don't hear the bad stuff about him, or it's down played/sugar coated. So it would be fair to say some voted out of ignorance, simply because they never think to turn the channel and therefore never get the clearer picture. In all fairness though, the same stuff goes on with Clinton and the liberal stations. The only way to get half a clear picture (because we never get the whole truth) is to watch both.

It's my own personal opinion that no matter who got elected, we wouldn't be better off in 4 years.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Queenie60|1479167815|4098522 said:
It worked.

Yes, thanks Red. I'm tired of being labeled uneducated on this forum when I've got a masters degree and a professional license. It's insulting and just not true. Please stop the hate.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lil Misfit|1479170442|4098540 said:
Queenie60|1479167815|4098522 said:
It worked.

Yes, thanks Red. I'm tired of being labeled uneducated on this forum when I've got a masters degree and a professional license. It's insulting and just not true. Please stop the hate.
Kenny was referring to me... :wink2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If anyone has any ideas on what to do other than donating money (that's easy) to get us the hell out of this mess, please post them here. I need to do something to at least make me feel like I'm doing something positive. Trump appointing Barron shows he has no intention of uniting the country.

I also have no idea why more women aren't voicing their concerns. I'm Pro Choice and am scared to death how Trump will affect the young woman of today.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1479166695|4098509 said:
Just posting as a liberal in general - you are not alone.

Fighting against racism, sexism, anti LGBTQs is exhausting. It is hard. It is very much like this emoji most days. :wall:

What I think is worse, is being one of those marginalized groups, and having to deal with it daily.

Thank you for that perspective. I take for granted that I am a cisgender white woman in America and I am lucky to have the privilege to take a mental health break from the -isms.

Tomorrow I stop hiding from the news and pick myself and the fight up.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Callie just being involved in the process is a good start. Go to meetings of your local government leaders. We have county commissioners that know everything they do is watched like a hawk by their constituents, me included. Your local government has much more effect on your everyday life than the every 4 year presidential election. How many propositions or other items were on your ballot? Do you agree with them? Do you know the actual info on them? All of these things are important.

JMHO.

:wavey:

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

Even educated people can be sexist or racist.

Yes, it is so hard to believe this is reality. That a man who says such things about woman, people of color, and other religions could be elected. It seems we have made progress with our first black president, but no that was an illusion. We have taken 100 steps back.

For me, I don't want to hear how people voted for him *not because they are racist* but because of other more important issues. What could possibly be more important than equal rights for all? If you are able to choose a known racist and sexist over someone who isn't (that we know of) and is SANE, then how wonderful for you. Must be nice not to worry about your safety. Great you don't have to be concerned for your children's life or happiness because of their skin. I mean, as long as you are safe, who cares about your Latino neighbors? Who cares about the Muslims that your kids go to school with? At least we don't have Hillary because GUNS/EMAILS/BENGHAZI!!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1479171377|4098544 said:
If anyone has any ideas on what to do other than donating money (that's easy) to get us the hell out of this mess, please post them here. I need to do something to at least make me feel like I'm doing something positive. Trump appointing Barron shows he has no intention of uniting the country.

I also have no idea why more women aren't voicing their concerns. I'm Pro Choice and am scared to death how Trump will affect the young woman of today.

My opinion is that they do not have a clue what life could be like in in a United States with abortion illegal in all states for all reasons, the United States in which I grew up. It is totally unfathomable to them. Like a world without television or cell phones.

AGBF

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Clearly, Hillary's issues ran much deeper than guns/emails/Benghazi.....she not only lost, but she lost big time and to the worst candidate ever. That speaks volumes. Just because you might think Hillary was more "sane" doesn't mean everyone else does.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

momhappy|1479173311|4098556 said:
^Clearly, Hillary's issues ran much deeper than guns/emails/Benghazi.....she not only lost, but she lost big time and to the worst candidate ever. That speaks volumes. Just because you might think Hillary was more "sane" doesn't mean everyone else does.
Great. Good for you.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I'm not exactly sure what's good for me? I have my fair share of uncertainty about this presidency too, but I'm trying not to be negative.
Oh, forget it. Maybe kenny's right. Maybe we should all just give up.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

And hypocritical as H*ll.

Only racists did not like Michelle, but of course Melania is totally unworthy.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1479173998|4098564 said:

And hypocritical as H*ll.

Only racists did not like Michelle, but of course Melania is totally unworthy.

ruby-

Whatever happened to the plan of your quoting people the way Pricesope allows people to do, so that others can understand you better? Other posters use it with great efficacy. You and I once discussed it and you, then, agreed to use the method. It is your choice, of course. However, I believe I am not alone in finding the way you post and quote very difficult to follow.

Deb

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

ruby-

Whatever happened to the plan of your quoting people the way Pricesope allows people to do, so that others can understand you better? Other posters use it with great efficacy. You and I once discussed it and you, then, agreed to use the method. It is your choice, of course. However, I believe I am not alone in finding the way you post and quote very difficult to follow.

Compared to your comment in the other thread about Melania my posting style is trivial.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results