shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I the only liberal who feels like just giving the F up?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Am I the only liberal who feels like just giving the F u

ruby59|1479173998|4098564 said:
Even educated people can be sexist or racist.

And hypocritical as H*ll.

Only racists did not like Michelle, but of course Melania is totally unworthy.
She's unworthy because everyone has seen her bare breasts in a girl on girl spread! Nasty!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1479174544|4098569 said:
ruby-

Whatever happened to the plan of your quoting people the way Pricesope allows people to do, so that others can understand you better? Other posters use it with great efficacy. You and I once discussed it and you, then, agreed to use the method. It is your choice, of course. However, I believe I am not alone in finding the way you post and quote very difficult to follow.

Your comment in the other thread about Melania makes my style of posting immaterial.

As I said, you have the right to post as you wish. You also have the right to reason as you wish. And I have the right to critique the way you reason. I will use my better judgement and not share my opinion of the way you reason here, however. I will respond to the issue in the other thread (the one in which it was raised ) without resorting to disparaging comments about you personally.

Deb

katharath

Ideal_Rock

I'm not honestly sure how people who *aren't* liberals, and who *aren't* upset about this election, are qualified to answer Kenny's question...but since our country has shown that we don't really care about qualifications anymore, I guess I'll just go with it!

The support in this thread for people who are clearly hurting is a really beautiful thing to see. :appl:

Of course we can all post wherever we want to over here. But to those of you who stayed out of this one just to give some of us a place to vent and not be provoked - or perhaps because you knew this question may not have been directed at you - for whatever reason, you have my sincere thanks. Of course your lack of participation means that I don't know who you are, but I want to believe that some of you ARE out there, so thank you regardless.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat|1479174741|4098570 said:

She's unworthy because everyone has seen her bare breasts in a girl on girl spread! Nasty!

Oh lawsy, I am gonna pop a bowl of popcorn, grab my bottle of scotch and watch the coming poopstorm. Here we go...body shaming, slut shaming, of course we would have embraced naked pics of Michele Obama, who cares what Melania did in the past...

The Obamas brought no personal scandal into the White House and they created none while they were there. I will forever appreciate that.

Kenny, I'm sorry that your thread has turned into yet another battle. Peace to you.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

1) who said only racists didn't like Michelle? If one person said that, do they speak for everyone?

It seems like a general statement more than a specific response to a poster as I don't see someone quoted.

Let's not pretend there aren't racists in the U.S. if you don't believe it - have you not heard about something that happened this week? See pic.

Of course people can dislike Michelle without hating black people. AND Of course some people dislike her because they are racist (or dislike her more than if she were white)
2) I'm not even sure what you mean about Melania. Are you saying because she is white people dislike her?

img_3431.png

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

No clue why this person does not like Melania but apparently she can never fill Michelle's shoes.

And of course there are racists in this world - on both sides.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm pretty sure House Cat was being sarcastic :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1479175785|4098584 said:
I know. And I appreciate it. Nonetheless, I could hear with my internet ears, the gasps of outrage and mental cries of "hypocrite" and tightening of knots in knickers.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aaaand, Elliott, it begins...see Ruby's response.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

katharath|1479175121|4098577 said:
I'm not honestly sure how people who *aren't* liberals, and who *aren't* upset about this election, are qualified to answer Kenny's question...but since our country has shown that we don't really care about qualifications anymore, I guess I'll just go with it!

The support in this thread for people who are clearly hurting is a really beautiful thing to see. :appl:

Of course we can all post wherever we want to over here. But to those of you who stayed out of this one just to give some of us a place to vent and not be provoked - or perhaps because you knew this question may not have been directed at you - for whatever reason, you have my sincere thanks. Of course your lack of participation means that I don't know who you are, but I want to believe that some of you ARE out there, so thank you regardless.

Sorry but kenny's opening asked for it. I did not know this was a PS safe space. Sucks that people don't all agree with you. I feel for you truly.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

AGBF|1479174893|4098573 said:
ruby59|1479174544|4098569 said:
ruby-

Whatever happened to the plan of your quoting people the way Pricesope allows people to do, so that others can understand you better? Other posters use it with great efficacy. You and I once discussed it and you, then, agreed to use the method. It is your choice, of course. However, I believe I am not alone in finding the way you post and quote very difficult to follow.

Your comment in the other thread about Melania makes my style of posting immaterial.

As I said, you have the right to post as you wish. You also have the right to reason as you wish. And I have the right to critique the way you reason. I will use my better judgement and not share my opinion of the way you reason here, however. I will respond to the issue in the other thread (the one in which it was raised ) without resorting to disparaging comments about you personally.

Do you really not see it. I am disparaging you but you are calling into question my reasoning skills.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

You're right.
I may not be a liberal, but I wouldn't say that I wasn't upset by the election. I'm fairly neutral because I've never liked either candidate, so for me, it does little to doom-and-gloom at this point.
But, again, you're right and I'm perfectly fine visiting other threads :wavey:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

redwood66|1479176171|4098590 said:

Sorry but kenny's opening asked for it. I did not know this was a PS safe space. Sucks that people don't all agree with you. I feel for you truly.

That one was directed at me. I apparently did not see the " only people who agree" sign at the thread door.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1479176071|4098588 said:
I know. And I appreciate it. Nonetheless, I could hear with my internet ears, the gasps of outrage and mental cries of "hypocrite" and tightening of knots in knickers.

And with record speed too!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Matata|1479176135|4098589 said:
Aaaand, Elliott, it begins...see Ruby's response.

Wrong.

I was responding to AGBF, not Housecat.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1479176393|4098594 said:

:lol: Hugs to you Elliott.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

I have now seen it all. People are racist against Melania Trump. Omg. This is the sort of s*** that makes me feel hopeless.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can we just all agree to potentially start ignoring the more "troll-ish" posters here? And FYI Red I am not talking about you--we may not agree but you always explain your viewpoint and I respect you and your opinions. You don't appear to post only to stir the pot and be rude.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

sstephensid|1479176791|4098602 said:
I have now seen it all. People are racist against Melania Trump. Omg. This is the sort of s*** that makes me feel hopeless.

Read it again.

I said I had no clue why this person did not like Melania.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

lovedogs|1479176813|4098603 said:

Can we just all agree to potentially start ignoring the more "troll-ish" posters here? And FYI Red I am not talking about you--we may not agree but you always explain your viewpoint and I respect you and your opinions. You don't appear to post only to stir the pot and be rude.

Make sure you are ignoring me for the right reason.

Again, I was responding to AGBF, not Housecat.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1479174417|4098567 said:

ruby-

Deb

Thank you Deb. Ruby it is impossible to follow your posts. Please quote people the same way all other members do.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1479171825|4098549 said:
Callie just being involved in the process is a good start. Go to meetings of your local government leaders. We have county commissioners that know everything they do is watched like a hawk by their constituents, me included. Your local government has much more effect on your everyday life than the every 4 year presidential election. How many propositions or other items were on your ballot? Do you agree with them? Do you know the actual info on them? All of these things are important.

JMHO.

:wavey:

Thank you for the information Red. I want to do more than write a few checks. :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1479177888|4098615 said:
redwood66|1479171825|4098549 said:
Callie just being involved in the process is a good start. Go to meetings of your local government leaders. We have county commissioners that know everything they do is watched like a hawk by their constituents, me included. Your local government has much more effect on your everyday life than the every 4 year presidential election. How many propositions or other items were on your ballot? Do you agree with them? Do you know the actual info on them? All of these things are important.

JMHO.

:wavey:

Thank you for the information Red. I want to do more than write a few checks. :wavey:

You are welcome. Your state reps should have meetings in your local area every so often too so those are a good place to go. I get emails from my congressmen but I also get emails from MegaVote that tells me how my elected officials vote and the upcoming votes in the House and Senate. Here is where you can sign up.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/megavote/

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1479173270|4098555 said:
Calliecake|1479171377|4098544 said:
If anyone has any ideas on what to do other than donating money (that's easy) to get us the hell out of this mess, please post them here. I need to do something to at least make me feel like I'm doing something positive. Trump appointing Barron shows he has no intention of uniting the country.

I also have no idea why more women aren't voicing their concerns. I'm Pro Choice and am scared to death how Trump will affect the young woman of today.

My opinion is that they do not have a clue what life could be like in in a United States with abortion illegal in all states for all reasons, the United States in which I grew up. It is totally unfathomable to them. Like a world without television or cell phones.

AGBF

Thank you Deb. I suppose you are correct as I was in high school when abortion was legalized. I sincerely hope Roe vs Wade does not get overturned. Just listening to Trump say that it would be up to individual states and just knowing that in some states abortion would not be legal scared the hell out of me.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

PS safe space
:lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AnnaH|1479179527|4098628 said:

PS safe space
:lol:

Can I respectfully ask (no sarcasm, seriously) that we not talk disparagingly about the idea of a "safe space"? I know that the idea of a safe space has been recently talked about as something potentially negative (e.g. shielding people from other opinions, living in a "liberal bubble"). But in theory, a safe space is a good and positive thing. I know I'm probably being oversensitive here, but it's an idea that I really appreciate. Chastising us (liberals) for not wanting disagreeing posters on this thread is what Red was saying (I think), and I understand her frustration from per POV (again, I think--don't want to assume). But yeah, just a request.

wetsawblade

Rough_Rock

kenny|1479163734|4098481 said:
I just don't have the energy to post/argue/battle much.

That 47% of US voters chose Trump after all he's said and done means there truly may be no hope for America.

The only light at the end of the tunnel that I see is Trump will, of course, fail to "Make America Great Again".
He just said all that shit to con gullible low-IQ people so he could get the ultimate ego-power-job.
It worked.

But in 4 years what the F will be left of America ... yea the world?

I don't think I'm being Debbie Downer.
I think I'm being accurate.

It's just all so depressing.

I'm someone who's been a lurker for years, registered a long time, but almost never posts because I reject a large internet presence for many personal reasons. But before this thread is locked, please accept my sincere thanks for your many forum contributions: thoughtful, thought-provoking, intelligent, heartfelt, beautiful, inspirational, and very humorous. You're a treasure to this site and America. I won't give up because of people like you: thanks again.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It was not nice of me to say it. I am in a rare mood today and reacted poorly.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1479171377|4098544 said:
If anyone has any ideas on what to do other than donating money (that's easy) to get us the hell out of this mess, please post them here. I need to do something to at least make me feel like I'm doing something positive. Trump appointing Barron shows he has no intention of uniting the country.

I also have no idea why more women aren't voicing their concerns. I'm Pro Choice and am scared to death how Trump will affect the young woman of today.

A congressional staff member named Emily Ellsworth outlines how to make your voice heard by congress. Unfortunately, she does it in a series of tweets - but it is good information!

http://www.attn.com/stories/12768/former-congressional-staffer-explains-how-to-make-congressman-listen

We are a group of thoughtful people who write well. In addition to stating your thoughts here, please let your representatives know exactly how you feel! (Although Emily does say it is better to call, so if you have time for that go for it!)

I am not giving up on my country and I hope others won't either.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1479181457|4098645 said:
It was not nice of me to say it. I am in a rare mood today and reacted poorly.

And this is why I can always respect you, Red, even though we don't agree on politics. You are a good person, and someone who has helped me understand more conservative views than are shared by my circle of friends and family. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results