shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I going to regret keeping this eternity band?

pennydistrict

Rough_Rock
I tried on a Single Stone eternity band in my local jewelry store a few weeks ago. It was beautiful, but way out of budget. A few days ago, I was checking out Jewels by Grace and found the EXACT band in my EXACT size and it was in my budget! It felt like it was fate!

The band arrived today and it fits perfectly. My e-ring is a 5.25 and fits in summer and winter, never feeling too tight and only spinning around occasionally. The band is also a 5.25 and looks fantastic with my ring, but now I'm incredibly anxious about "the future". What if my ring size changes!? Keeping in mind that I can't buy the Single Stone original, will I regret buying this band in this size? What do you all think??

IMG_9804.JPG IMG_4790.JPG

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I can’t see the photos.

Edit: see them now and this is gorgeous!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
If you were ordering this band new, I would recommend that you go up 1/2 size. But it sounds like you got a great deal!
It's hard to say if this band will fit you for a lifetime. I got a small eternity for a wedding band, and even if I had gone up 1/2 size at the time, it still wouldn't fit me today. I wore it for 20 years before it broke, so the price per wear was quite low! It was a very dainty band.
So I guess I'm suggesting that you think of it as what is the cost per wear. It's singlestone so it should have resale value. And if it is slightly loose now that is great. You might wear it for quite a number of years. So I'd suggest you consider it that way. Only you can decide whether it's worth keeping.
I cannot see your pictures either, I'm going by your description.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yumm! Keep. Who knows if your ring size will change. Wear it until you can’t and only then worry.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see your pictures and they are stunning :love:
Is pregnancy in your future?
My hands and feet never returned to their same size.
Is arthritis a possibility? Do you work with your hands? I used to type and work with my hands much more than I currently do. They are less inflamed and slimmer now.
Hard call?
Live for the now. Make it count. Get it.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks lovely (I can see your pics). It goes extremely well with your ering too IMHO. They look like they are a matched pair.
Only you can decide though. Good luck!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and looks amazing with your ring which is also gorgeous. You did good! And live in the moment. It may not fit you in the future but it may and right now it's a great purchase and if in the future it doesn't fit you can sell on preloved and perhaps get another in your size. I LOVE this on you. Great buy!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on this beautiful set! Swoonworthy!! I'm very much in the "live in the now" camp. And just offer another anecdotical example : during and after 6pregnancies all my clothes sizes have gone up, BUT my fingers, wrists and feet.. So: who knows? Enjoy your gorgeous set!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks fabulous! :kiss2: No regrets!
IF there comes a time in the future when it becomes too snug, a skilled jeweler can put in a small sizing bar for you. No worries enjoy!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful is that?!! I have coveted that exact band myself!

What I've learned over the last 1-2 years is that weather-related swelling gets worse with age, even if your body weight, knuckle size, and finger size do not change. I have two diamond eternity bands that fit my ring finger comfortably in cold weather, but are super-tight in warmer weather. My plan is to add sizing bumps to the one with smaller diamonds...which will allow it to fit nicely on my pinky. (I've always wanted a sparkly pinky ring!) This could be an option for you in the future, if necessary. :D

As for the one with larger diamonds, I'll dismantle it and have it re-made to a bigger size/add a few more diamonds...which won't come cheap but since the stones are larger and rarer (french cuts), I feel it'll be worth it. I may include a sizing bar on this one in case I need to expand it even more in the future.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect with your e-ring. Enjoy and if it ever doesn't fit in the future you won't take much of a hit if you sell it since you found it preloved. Win-win :)

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think it's very pretty. I personally don't buy any eternity settings because I'm afraid they won't fit in the future.

If you love it and your ring size is relatively stable, and it's a good price, why not keep it though?

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
If you plan on having kids, it might be an issue during pregnancy, but I don't think 1/2 size would even make a difference. After 12.5 years, my ring size hasn't changed at all. If anything you could use it as a gauge for when it's time to lose weight? I kid, I kid. :lol-2:;)2 I would personally hate to have a ring that was too big.

L

lydial

It looks like a match made in Heaven to me!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heck no! It was definitely meant to be. If anything, I think you’d regret not keeping it.

If it makes you feel better, I’ve had the same ring size for well over 15 years now (even with my weight fluctuating a bit). Keep the ring...it looks amazing with your e-ring. ;)2

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and eternity bands. Rings spin on me and I hate that. If you can, I would keep it. It looks so very beautiful with your gorgeous engagement ring! Beautiful set!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't control whether your ring size changes. BUT since you bought the band at a discount... if your ring size changes and never goes back and you have to sell, you'll recoup a much higher percentage of what you put into it than if you bought the band at retail price. And you'll still have gotten many years of enjoying wearing it - that you wouldn't have if you never bought it in the first place. I'd keep it!

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I would not be able to let that ring go if it were me in this situation. It looks like it was made for your ring!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very rarely do I see such a perfect match of ering and wedding band...seriously, they look amazing together. I would definitely keep it! You can always sell down the road if you need to. I'm close to 60 and my ring size has stayed the same all these years.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd absolutely keep it, there's no way of knowing what your finger sizes will do. My fingers swelled during pregnancy but went back to their original size about 3 months post partum. In fact, after my second, my fingers were smaller than before! Like many others have said, wear it, enjoy it (because it is PERFECTION with your stunning engagement ring!) and if in the future you need a different one, worry about it then. Who knows, your tastes may even change and in years to come you may prefer a different style...who really knows? It sounds like it was meant to be yours!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
That is FABULOUS with your e-ring! I love it. GREAT find!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s perfect so wear it now and worry about the future later. If you find you do size out of it, you would probably be able to sell it for close to what you paid and top up any difference to buy it again in a higher size.
It looks wonderful with your ering

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How beautiful is that?!! I have coveted that exact band myself!

What I've learned over the last 1-2 years is that weather-related swelling gets worse with age, even if your body weight, knuckle size, and finger size do not change. I have two diamond eternity bands that fit my ring finger comfortably in cold weather, but are super-tight in warmer weather. My plan is to add sizing bumps to the one with smaller diamonds...which will allow it to fit nicely on my pinky. (I've always wanted a sparkly pinky ring!) This could be an option for you in the future, if necessary. :D

As for the one with larger diamonds, I'll dismantle it and have it re-made to a bigger size/add a few more diamonds...which won't come cheap but since the stones are larger and rarer (french cuts), I feel it'll be worth it. I may include a sizing bar on this one in case I need to expand it even more in the future.
i absolutely agree about moving it to the pinky if and when
but none of us have a crystal ball @pennydistrict, just live for the moment, it looks so lovelly with your ER

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful pair, definitely keep it. They look perfect together!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your perfect band is sitting there for the taking and looks amazing with your ering! AND it's at a discount!

Keep it and don't look back! Enjoy every moment of your great find. If you let it go and your ring size *doesn't* change, with each passing year you'll have to live with knowing that this was another year you *could have been* enjoying your dream band.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Your ring size may well stay the same for a very long time, and the band cuold be sized up or down half a size, perhaps a full size. Anything more may never be needed, or many years of wear from now...

It does match your ring perfectly!

I'd say that these channel bands are the most durable rings - the diamonds hardly wear, and the metal that does is as afterthought.

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
Do NOT let that baby go -- it is perfect for you and I personally would never give up something so right right now just because it MIGHT not work as well later. If your finger size does change, you'll have options and if needed you can compromise then. It's a beautiful set - I hope you keep the eternity and wear it with joy!

tinydiamond

Rough_Rock
Those 2 rings are absolutely stunning together! I would definitely keep it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results