shape
carat
color
clarity

... All she wanted was a cat ... (* RING PICTURES! *)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
First, a short story:

Our anniversary dinner at a fine French restaurant was very special. The food, service and setting were top-notch. After looking last year at some diamonds and rings (just ''in case''), my dear wife said that all she really wanted was a cat. (Really?
2.gif
) So, at the dinner, I presented her with a fluffy toy cat with a card attached. The card was a gift certificate good for a cat of her choice. She was very happy. Then, I ''suddenly noticed'' that there was a small rip in the underside of the kitty. Oh, nooooo! I suggested to her that she pull out something that seemed to be lodged inside. It was a little pouch with something that felt like a ring. I took the pouch from her before she could open it, and under the table put the ring in a little redwood box. Then I got on one knee in front of her, thanked her for 25 wonderful years, wished her a happy anniversary, and told her how much I loved her. (Yes, I am a very lucky guy, and I know it!)

I put the ring on her finger, and the rest is, as they say ... well ... a teary-eyed and loud ‘Oh my G_d, oh my G_d’!

(PS: We went to the animal shelter anyway, and Sweet Potato, an orange tabby, is now living happily in our home.)

Kitty - captioned-a.jpg

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
Center Diamond:
Shape: Emerald Cut; Carat weight: 2.73; Certificate: GIA; Cut: VG; Color: J; Clarity: VS1; Table: 62.0%; Depth: 68.1%; Symmetry: VG; Polish: VG; Girdle: Thin to slightly thick, polished; Culet: Very small; Fluorescence: None; Measurements: 8.86 x 7.20 x 4.90 mm; Length/Width Ratio: 1.23.

Setting:
WF Legato shared-prong, modified and customized with 10 ACA diamonds totaling about 40 points.

Outside-a.jpg

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
We need photos of the ring and the cat!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I spoke too soon (sort of)! LOVE IT!!!!
36.gif

We still need photos of Sweet Potato.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful story and beautiful ring!!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Amazing! Stunning!

I love a killer EC, nice job!

Think you snagged her for another 25 years?
31.gif
9.gif

ETA: I've been asking DH for two cats... Think you could have a little chat with him in 23 years?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you did very, very well!
36.gif

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
MMmmmm ... sparkles ....

Fire and Sparkle-a.jpg

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
Last one. Why are these pics so large??? can someone fix? thanks.

Hand shot 1-c.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just lovely! Wonderful story too!

Um. We get pics of Sweet Potato too right? I''d like to see the cat bling, please.
9.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a really pretty ring! Any chance of handshots?

Could we get some photos of the cat as well?

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
Oh, this story just makes me smile! Congratulations on 25 years!!!! Beautiful ring!!!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sweet! And what a stunning ring...seriously. Great job.
36.gif

Don''t think you can get away with not posting a picture of Sweet Potato as well.
5.gif

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
Not quite sure this is the forum for this, but here's a pic of Sweet Potato ...
1.gif

Sweet_Potato.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful :) your story made me go awwwww I would love to see pictures of the new kitty as well :)

ETA OMG your kitty is so cute :D

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful story, stunning ring
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Cute cat! Congratulations on 25 years
36.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
ECQ,
You did yourself proud! the whole story was great and the ring and sweet potato are the perfect topping!I am a bit of a romantic,but that story is inspiring enough to make me interested in getting out there and dating again!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
You are my hero! What a wonderfully creative and loving (not to mention, generous) thing to do for your wife! Congratulations on 25 wonderful years; THAT RING IS INCREDIBLE!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great story! I bet your wife was so surprised! You sound like a total sweetheart, and the ring is stunning. Sweet Potato is adorable, too! Happy anniversary!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Great story! Beautiful ring
30.gif
and cute cat
36.gif

Congratulations on 25 years!! May you enjoy at least another 25
35.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You are a gem yourself, buddy! A new kittie and a spectactular ring! WOW!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was SO SWEET of you. Both the ring and the cat are stunning!

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! You are too kind. It was a thrill planning and researching all this -- many, many months in the making (even rehearsing the anniversary speech over and over again!
19.gif
) -- but the result was sure worth it, and for SURE my DW is worth it! As I said, I am lucky to have her in my life.

A BIG thank you to all!

--ECQ (no longer).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful and cute cat too!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY MOLEY!!!

You say that you''re a lucky man - but I have to say that you''re obviously BOTH very lucky people!! That diamond is absolutely, utterly gorgeous and perfect!!! SSSOOOOOOO jealous!! ECs are my first love!!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your wife is a very lucky woman! Beautiful ring and adorable kitty!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYWORD! As a diamond AND A CAT lover, all I can say is, you done good! Reeeeeeeeeal good!
2.gif
What a sweet story. Awesome, killer ring
30.gif
, and beautiful kitty, too
30.gif
!

Congratulations on 25 years!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, what a sweet story! It sounds to me like your wife is a lucky lady to have you for a husband...the ring is beautiful and I love the kitty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results