shape
carat
color
clarity

... All she wanted was a cat ... (* RING PICTURES! *)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The ring and the cat is perfect!
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know this is a diamond forum so everyone will ga ga over the ring, but as much as I think the ring is beautiful, your new cat is to DIE FOR!!!
30.gif
A cat AND a gorgeous ring, that would be the ultimate dream come true for a crazy cat lady like me
2.gif

What a wonderful, and creative way to show your wife you love her
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!
36.gif
Great job!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful EC ring! enjoy it :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how awesome. Congrats on 25 years, gorgeous ring and cute cat.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is possibly my favorite story EVER!! GORGEOUS ring, adorable kitty (really - too cute for words, and I love the name). Congrats on both!!

chirp

Shiny_Rock
OMG you almost made me cry first because the story is breath taking and second, what a gorgeous ring!!! you are lucky to have each other hope you live happily, cheerfully, perfectly ever after.
36.gif
30.gif
35.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
awww man, now that''s an EC!!!!

absolutely stunning, seriously gorgeous.

and your kitty is so sweet, love the name.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you don''t mind, but I''ve added your wife''s ring pics to the EC site which is here.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, and a really cute/sweet presentation!

I fixed your pictures for you.
1.gif

ETA hmmm, I just resized, but it's not showing up, and I have no idea why. I'll try one more thing...

Kitty%20-%20captioned-a1.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more try.

kitty121.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok.

EC122.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

EC123.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

EC124.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

EC125.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one.

EC126.JPG

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Ellen! I wish I had known how to fix the photos earlier (now I do -- I emailed the original pics to myself!). Anyway, sorry that my first post required moving back and forth.

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
One last ''bonus'' pic ... the traditional PS ''ring-in-the-garden'' shot ...
1.gif

EC Rosebush.JPG

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That Emerald Cut is beautiful, seriously!! COngrats on everything!!

merlinthecat

Rough_Rock
You must be the sweetest guy on the planet!

All the ladies on this board are just wondering if you have a brother that is still single! LOL !

The ring is just to die for.....just so beautiful! What a wonderful story.

Love the new fluffy addition to the family too! Has she settled in ok?

Merl

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a beautiful story. And you have bought your wife a ring that is stunningly beautiful. After 25 years together, what a wonderful symbol of that commitment and the fact that you are still wildly in love with her. Obviously, vice versa. I wish you both every continued happiness and enjoy that gorgeous ring.

Elizabeth Taylor had a ring like that. She called it her "ice skating rink." Now your wife has her own ice skating rink too. I''s beautiful!

Cheers to both of you!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 7:26:43 AM
Author: EmeraldCutQuest
Thanks, Ellen! I wish I had known how to fix the photos earlier (now I do -- I emailed the original pics to myself!). Anyway, sorry that my first post required moving back and forth.
Welcome! And that ring really is a dazzler.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring!! Congratulations on 25 years together... in this day and age thats an achievment worth celebrating.
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow!! What a thoughtful husband! Your new cat and your wife''s ring are beautiful!

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, that ring is gorgeous! I LOVE emerald cuts!!! The story is so sweet, and your cat is adorable, too! Congrats!!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 5:49:43 PM
Author: bling addict
Beautiful story, stunning ring
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Cute cat! Congratulations on 25 years
36.gif

My thoughts precisely. Well done!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
What a nice story!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 5:43:44 PM
Not quite sure this is the forum for this, but here's a pic of Sweet Potato ...
1.gif

OMG. What a sweetheart! Oh man. I want another kitty too!!! I want a number of other kitties. I'd give up diamonds for another kitty. I really would. Congrats on BOTH your lovely additions.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 4:14:47 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 5/28/2008 5:43:44 PM
Not quite sure this is the forum for this, but here''s a pic of Sweet Potato ...
1.gif

OMG. What a sweetheart! Oh man. I want another kitty too!!! I want a number of other kitties. I''d give up diamonds for another kitty. I really would. Congrats on BOTH your lovely additions.
When DH and I were going out together (that''s what it was called back then) I told him that my real dream was to have a lot of cats (not purebred, just plain kitties); he just nodded. In fact, he really doesn''t like pets in the house (German upbringing) at all -the smells, the germs ad nauseum.
20.gif
I took the nodding to mean, " Sure, that''s nice" which was not his intent at all. He knew that to disagree would be a deal-breaker; that''s really what the nodding meant.

We compromised (as one is supposed to do when married), and I was allowed one kitty and that was the one I''d left with my mom and dad during university.

OK, now for Gypsy''s situation, she has Duncan, Frodo and, I think one more; in addition, she also has at least 2 doggy furbabies
3.gif
. Her dear fiance was actually willing to drive said furbabies cross country to lessen the trauma to them
30.gif
. My DH would have preferred to gouge out his eyes rather than do such a chivalrous thing
38.gif
and Gypsy would trade her diamonds for even more kitties???? Is this for real?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pardon the threadjack...

HI Isaku...

Here's the low down on furbabies.

Duncan (my first born, my heart. John's heart too, )
Hally (my black and white force of nature and daddy's girl)
Frodo (our Dodo)

The above are our babies who are in CA living with us (and drove cross country with us). All three are cats. Duncan is a buff colored DSH male. Hally a DSH tuxedo female, and Frodo is a DSH Tabby male. All are rescues. Frodo lived in our backyard with his mom Arwyn before we caught them.

Other babies:
Arwyn: Feral cat we TNRed. Very wild. Frodo's mom. She hasn't been seen in a year.
7.gif

Noel. Cat in my AV. FMIL's cat. FMIL chose her, and she chose FMIL. But Noel used to live with John and me because we thought she was lonely and needed other cats to socialize when we lived in NJ. When we moved here though, she was living with FMIL because by then we had figured out that she REALLY LIKED being an only cat. Especially as Hally terrorized her. Noel loves FMIL, and FMIL adores her. But I miss my bright eyed Pudgy girl! She was a rescue as well.

Jett-- our dog that passed away from Cancer a few years ago at 8 years old. Pure bred solid black German Shepard, not a rescue, FMIL bought him for John.
7.gif

Sheila, Pur black Shepherd/Lab mix we were fostering when we found out about Jett's illness. We adopted her right after Jett passed. She is a love, adores cats, and children. We could not bring her AND the three cats to an apartment when we moved, and intended to bring her to CA this year intending to rent a house. But, after a John's grandfather passed last March, FMIL asked us if she could keep Sheila as they have bonded and she also feels safer with her in the house. So Sheila is now FMIL's dog. But I miss her. She was my girl-- but she's happy with FMIL and all the nieces to play with and the large yard.

And with Chili needing a home (see Lynn's thread on Hangout) and a few people IRL looking to adopt new cats... I really really just want another baby. I eventually want as many as we can afford and keep healthy and properly socialized (about 7). John's on board. But since we rent an apartment... well, we'd be in breach if we got another. So I have to wait. I really want another though. Badly. I really would give up diamonds for one. We're just pet lovers. John's as bad as I am... as big a sucker too, if not bigger. We're well matched in that way. People think we're nuts.
2.gif

John wants a pomerainian now. Long story. Hally used to beat Sheila up and she's a 90 pound dog. I'd hate to see what she'd do with a pomerainian even if we could find one from a rescue!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results