shape
carat
color
clarity

... All she wanted was a cat ... (* RING PICTURES! *)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry, Gypsy, I didn''t mean to offend you at all.
38.gif
My sole intent was to point nout how lucky you are to have so many fur-babies and wonderful John while I''m "allowed" only one. Our Sammy is a sweetheart, but I''m sure he''d love company.
1.gif

I''d love to have as many "babies" as you!!
36.gif
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 7:33:06 PM
Author: isaku5
I'm so sorry, Gypsy, I didn't mean to offend you at all.
38.gif
My sole intent was to point nout how lucky you are to have so many fur-babies and wonderful John while I'm 'allowed' only one. Our Sammy is a sweetheart, but I'm sure he'd love company.
1.gif

I'd love to have as many 'babies' as you!!
36.gif
35.gif
There was no offense. None at all. I just know that I'm not always clear when I post about them... as so many are 'yours, mine, ours' not to mention 'past, present, futures'... so I just wanted to clarify that while I may WANT to live in a zoo
9.gif
, I don't currently. I have only three I can truly call only mine and Johns. But I'm USED to having 5 (including a big black dog), so my home feels ... empty. I liked the chaos of all the animals together... even if Hally did stand on the dog's head and try to rip off her ears.
40.gif

I'm sorry you only have one when you want more. That would be very difficult. VERY difficult. It is a cultural thing though... and a personality thing. My grandmother keeps telling me to get rid of the animals because they are dirty, and scratch up the persian rug( she has never seen them do this-- they DO, but she's never seen it) etc...and get to popping out 'real babies.' Last time I told her I was more likely to set fire to my rugs than get rid of one of my animals for a piece of furnitures sake. She was horrified and just did not get it. Said that I had my priorities mixed up.

((HUGS HONEY))

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Awww. this just has to be the sweetest story EVER. A gorgeous ring AND a kitty. Sweet Potato is REALLY cute and lucky to have what must be a great home.

teacherk

Rough_Rock
What an awesome story! The ring is beautiful and the cat is adorable. I think I will ask for a cat for my 25th and see what happens
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I just hope my future hubby is as thoughtful and sweet (and smart!) as you after 25 years. What a great surprise...and kitty is the icing!

Congrats and CHEERS to another 25 years of blissful married life!
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh how sweet! The ring is gorgeous! The cat is just as cute as can be! I feel all warm inside! You win BIG points!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
That''s so sweet. What a great story, great ring, and cute cat.
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Dear EmeraldCutQuest: I think I"m in love with you for many reasons here...and Love the ring and Love the cat! :)

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
The ring + cat = swoon (at least for me). She is very lucky to have you indeed!!

disneybride

Shiny_Rock
ECQ, all around beautiful - from the planning to the ring to the cat! But, can we pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeee have more cat pictures? Pretty please? I''m a sucker for orange tabbies and the name Sweet Potato turned me into a little puddle of cat loving mush.
9.gif

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
1.gif
This is quite amusing to my wife and to me ... seems the kitty is as popular (if not more so) than the ring! (Maybe I overspent???) Lol ... j/k. Ok, here''s another pic ...

Sweet Potato1.JPG

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
Last pic one of Sweet Potato ...

Sweet Potato2.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an amazing ring, but like many of the others, I LOVE your new cat! So cute!

Happy 25th anniversary!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
EQ, you did good, reeaaallyy rreeaallly good!!! You picked out an incredible ring for your anniversary, managed to surprise her, and she got a beautiful cat to remember the occassion as well. I received a cat for my birthday this year and as much fun as diamonds are the cat is just so much more valuable. Congratulations on 25 years!!!

disneybride

Shiny_Rock
Thank you sooo much ECQ! Sweet Potato is SO handsome and I absolutely love his name. I get a kick out of it every time I read it on here. How''s he doing in his new home? Is he friendly? Does he sit on your lap? Did he come with his name or did your wife rename him? We need cat bling details, hello!!

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
This is Mrs. ECQ, aka Cat Person. Thank you so much, first and most importantly, for the lovely compliments! As for SP, he was named Archimedes at the Shelter. But - his color and...lack of personality prompted the Sweet Potato appelation (sp?) So here at home, he simply marched in purring as tho he''d always lived here! Not a lap guy, not a cuddler, but definitely grateful and warm. A very sweet fellow, and playful as he can be. I think he''s 2 yrs old, could be less. The vet says he, at 12.5 pounds, should not gain any more weight! Oh well...Maybe with playing, he can run some of the excess off! Thanks again for your interest in him! Oh - and thank you for your nice reception of the ring, also
1.gif

disneybride

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mrs. ECQ! Congratulations on 25 years! I love your Sweet Potato story. What made you decide on him? Did he pick you or do you have a soft spot for orange kitties? Is he becoming more affectionate? Did the shelter tell you how he ended up at there? I think you''ll be pleasantly surprised once he gets more comfortable. I had a kitty much like your SP and he ended up being the friendliest, most affectionate cat I''ve ever owned. As you can see, around here, cats rank right up there with diamonds for Pricescope members!

disneybride

Shiny_Rock
And P.S. Sweet Potato doesn''t look chubby at all. He actually looks quite proportionate (and handsome) from those pictures.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG OMG OMG!!! Loooovvveeeee the kitty!!!

haha...no, we love diamonds, but some of us just LLOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEE cats...diamonds are awesome...but cats are...well, cats :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Mr and Mrs ECQ on 25 years and 2 lovely gifts.
I''m not normally an emerald person, but that one is *gorgeous*, and I''m a dog person myself, but Sweet Potato looks very handsome and fun!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I almost missed this thread; gorgeous ring, congrats!! Sweet Potato is cute!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring and gorgeous Sweet Potato!!
1.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love the new pics of Sweet Potato! What a sweet kitty face. It is easy to see that he is a sugar love! My sister had an orange tabby growing up. I have a soft spot as he was such a sweet baby. And for some reason I think being a crazy diamond lady goes hand in hand with being a crazy cat lady. Not sure why. And no, you didn''t overspend. Your wife is just blissfully happy!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:51:01 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 5/31/2008 12:50:22 PM

Author: EmeraldCutQuest

1.gif
This is quite amusing to my wife and to me ... seems the kitty is as popular (if not more so) than the ring! (Maybe I overspent???) Lol ... j/k. Ok, here''s another pic ...

Ok.. beautiful ring.. but SWEET KITTY AWWWWWWW!!!! Love this picture!!

Awww look at that face :) she is just sweet :)

The ring is stunning the kitty is adorable what more could a lady want :D

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2008 11:59:24 PM
Author: Miranda
Oh, I love the new pics of Sweet Potato! What a sweet kitty face. It is easy to see that he is a sugar love! My sister had an orange tabby growing up. I have a soft spot as he was such a sweet baby. And for some reason I think being a crazy diamond lady goes hand in hand with being a crazy cat lady. Not sure why. And no, you didn''t overspend. Your wife is just blissfully happy!
LOL! Congrats on the ring ECQ and your sweet baby!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh, I never visted this thread because I thought this thread would be just about cats. The ring is just lovely, and Sweet Potato is such a cutie!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful anniversary ring! Is it an upgrade? It looks as though your wife is wearing in on her right hand, so I''m thinking it''s not...? Congrats on your 25th anniversary, and the BEAUTIFUL new member of your family! (I love Sweet Potato as a name, too--so adorable!
5.gif
)

EmeraldCutQuest

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all again for the wonderful comments on both the ring and Sweet Potato ... it''s heart-warming.

Not sure exactly what an ''upgrade'' is ... she did not trade-in the original engagement ring ("I ain''t giving back nuttin''!"). Plus, of course, I couldn''t have surprised her with the EC with a trade-up. So, it''s a ''new and improved'' ring -- bigger, better, nicer, flashier, sparklier, etc., added to her collection. And it''s in white gold, whereas the original engament ring -- a pear-shaped diamond solitaire -- is in yellow gold. So she has something to wear when she goes ''white'' and something when she goes ''yellow''
1.gif
. (It''s a fashion kinda thing ... I''m sure the ladies on this board understand it better than I do!)

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Awww! What a nice story! So glad you gave Sweet Potato a good loving home! I've got an orange guy too (Pumpkin) but Sweet Potato takes the cake! He looks right at home! Congratuations on your anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results