shape
carat
color
clarity

Alibaba Strikes Deal with Antwerp Trade

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting - given the size of the Chinese market (according to the article) HRD Antwerp would seem to be looking to seriously increase their market share of the grading reports market.

I'm slightly confused by this, though:

Diamond lab HRD Antwerp will certify all stones in the Shape of Antwerp collection, and will also laser-engrave a tamper-proof QR code onto the girdle of each diamond before it is set. Consumers can scan the QR code to follow their diamond’s journey from Antwerp to China using the platform’s blockchain technology.
How is any consumer going to scan a QR code engraved on a diamond?? lol

Or are they just going to email to say "This image is the one on your diamond - scan your screen now!"?

This was tucked away at the end:

The Chinese e-commerce group also announced an expanded collaboration with the Israel Diamond Exchange (IDE) to sell its loose stones on Alibaba’s Ali Auction site.
I'm not sure if that means consumers can bid in an auction for stones? (Or whether that's polished or rough stones?)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may be right - I can't think of any other way one could do it!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Interesting. Every time I go back to China I’m astounded at the markup on stones at retail stores there.

I have seen HRD graded stones at one store in my wife’s home town (what is a tier 4 or 5 city).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results