shape
carat
color
clarity

ALG''s Wedding Updates

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Would you like to see more projects? I just finished the rehearsal dinner invites and I also made Bridal Shower thank you notes (didn''t exactly work out the way I planned but they are okay) and some "would you be" cards.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I''m blown away by how creative you are!
36.gif

I''d love to see more too.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Your post on the wedding fans nearly made me wet myself with laughter! Thanks for that!

Nothing to add except that we are getting married on the same day!
21.gif
I thought planning my elopement was complicated (seriously! there''s more planning into a destination elopement that I ever thought possible...and the FI has NO clue...) but I read this thread and I feel shamed. SHAMED I tells ya! I have NO fans, No unity candles, NO DIY papergoods of any kind. No BMs to coordinate. And look at all these projects. You''re right. You ARE a glutton for punishment. But you seem to enjoy the swearing so I say, have at it and enjoy!

Oh, and if you show us more projects I might have to go into a corner and rock back and forth in my shame, but I still wouldn''t mind seeing ALL your DIY work, in all it''s glory!

Carry on...You only have 4 more weeks you know. Stop hanging around internet forums and get back to work!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything looks fantastic!!! Kudos on all your hard work
35.gif

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 12:42:40 PM
Author: surfgirl
Your post on the wedding fans nearly made me wet myself with laughter! Thanks for that!

Nothing to add except that we are getting married on the same day!
21.gif
I thought planning my elopement was complicated (seriously! there's more planning into a destination elopement that I ever thought possible...and the FI has NO clue...) but I read this thread and I feel shamed. SHAMED I tells ya! I have NO fans, No unity candles, NO DIY papergoods of any kind. No BMs to coordinate. And look at all these projects. You're right. You ARE a glutton for punishment. But you seem to enjoy the swearing so I say, have at it and enjoy!

Oh, and if you show us more projects I might have to go into a corner and rock back and forth in my shame, but I still wouldn't mind seeing ALL your DIY work, in all it's glory!

Carry on...You only have 4 more weeks you know. Stop hanging around internet forums and get back to work!
Be proud of not being a glutton for punishment :) There's something to be said for simplicity. Honestly, had I'd gotten married ten years ago I wouldn't have done all this (I don't show all my disasters either, heh)

I also think that I am paying more attention to the details because I know how generous my FI family is going to be and I really want to make sure everyone feels welcome and appreciated, I guess. Crafts are my way of showing I care. I'm happy to show off my projects. It makes me feel good when others like what I've done.

And here I thought the 12th was all mine :) Hehe. Where are you eloping to? Are any family and friends attending or is it just you two?

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Rehearsal Dinner Invitations

I''d completely forgotten about this. My fiance is having family coming from out of town a couple of days before the wedding. Neither one of us wants to have a night before dinner, so we decided on a potluck barbeque on the 10th. I was in the mood and spent half a day making these. The hard part was getting the printer to behave. Maybe it was the heat, but I composed a cheesy poem too. Is it bad when you are amused by your own corniness? I had all the materials on hand (it pays to buy craft paper that only cost 10 cents even if you don''t need it right away) so I didn''t need to buy anything, assembly went smoothly and it didn''t take more than an hour after the @%$!ing word program decided to print properly. Everything print perfectly on 12 X 12 paper I cut in half so it would fit in the printer. I got neat little 3 x 6 invitations. Used leftover raffia. I had all the envelopes printed and I was so proud of myself for mail mergeing. You''d think that that would be the end of the story, wouldn''t you? But no. Dumb-Dumb me forgot to measure the envelopes!! Invitations didn''t fit. I almost threw a fit (it was midnight). I tried to fit a 3 x 6 into a 4 x 5 envelope and it just didn''t fit no matter how much I begged. Fiance almost got blungeoned to death with the cropadile when he said, "Well, if you''d waited until tomorrow after you slept that wouldn''t have happened."

Price for letter size envelopes: $1.99
Groom Price to appease Bride-to-Be: Licking cheap, nasty tasting evelope glue.

Photo 37: Here are the Invitations with the Cheesy Poem

Two days before wedded bliss/Bring along your signature dish/Your plate is sure to be scraped bare/So bring along your recipe to share/Let''s make this a taste sensation/Call and tell us about your creation.//If the sky is clear with a shining sun/Come to ____ and ____''s for the fun/In case of rain don''t despair/We''ll go to ____''s and party there./At 5:00, dress casual no need to fuss/Friday, August 10th come and join us

DSCF0881RehearsalDinnerProject.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
I made these for asking my two brothers and a good friend of mine to be VIPs (aka ushers) at the ceremony. They can help hand out programs. We don't have a videographer but would like the wedding recorded. We thought that this would be an ideal task for the three men. I know that it seems weird to send men something like this but I know that they'd appreciate the special note. Besides, it didn't take that long and I already had all the materials. One 12 x 12 craft paper cut into fours is perfect size origami paper. I took ten minutes to make the three origami shirts (really easy) and five minutes to glue and draw on buttons and the VIP paper. It took half an hour to make the program print right on the paper. I still can figure out what I'm doing wrong with that program. (The shirts are all made with the same paper by changing the direction of the printed stripes and chaning how much you fold one part you make them look different. The bar on the shirts is a paper remanant colored gold with VIP written on it)

Price: $0.00 (technically the colored paper I used cost 10 cents but since it was for the origami box project I didn't think it really counted. The cardstock it was glued on was one sheet from the program fan project)

Photo 38: VIP Request

DSCF0915VIPProject.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
I made about eight of these for thank you notes for gifts I got for my bridal shower. They didn't come out exactly as I planned but since they were made from paper I had on hand already, I made due with what I had. It took an afternoon to both make them and hand write the notes.

Price: $0.00

Photo 39: Bridal Shower Thank You Card

DSCF0745BridalShowerThankYouCard.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Previous Project Update:

Here is the program fan update now that they are done. There are actually two pictures because I can't decide if I like the monogram or not (unfortunately it would be a tedious embellishment. I have to cut out the circles by hand because my circle punch doesn't like the clear overhead paper and I couldn't find clear vellum and the boxes of label paper were $25 and I only needed one sheet. I had a copy made of a printed sheet I made at home on an overhead projector sheet.). Opinions on which looks better would be appreciated.

Photo 40: Here they are closed, beribboned and monogramed.

DSCF1033ProgramFanClosedWithMonogram.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 41: Closed with and without Monogram Side by Side (which do you like better?)

DSCF1035ProgramFanWithandWithoutMonogram.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 42: The two colores both opened front and back so you can see the pattern on the backside.

DSCF0996ProgramsOpenFrontandBack.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Seems like I keep finding things to do. I keep looking for one thing and then end up with an "oh that's a good idea" project. I had extra paper 12x12 paper from the origami box project for the favors, so I cut them into 6x6 squares and made about 32 petal cones. The ribbon I got at joann's on sale for 50 cents and four were used. I used the thinnest one. Technically the paper was bought for another project and what I used came out to $2.00. It took an afternoon do do them. It was slow going at first but with two sets of hands and some practice it went faster. The best way to do these is by assembly line. I pre-cut the paper in the squares, then I made a template for making slits for the ribbon with an exacto knife (I did four at a time). I had my bridesmaid thread the ribbon with an embroidery needle as I cut the slits. Then I glued the edges together with two glue dots and a thin ribbon of zig pen glue (I recommend using an 8x8 square as they are much easier to glue but I'm cheap and I wanted to maximize my paper yeild so I used the 6x6). Finally, the bows were tied. (If you intend to buy these pre-made, without a special machine, expect to pay more than what pre-made petal cone materials are worth because of the hand-made labor involved)

Price: $4.00

Photo 43: Petal Cone Project (I decided to leave extra ribbon to use as a handle or hanger)

DSCF1041PetalCones.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
I'm procrastinating working on the seating card project, so I took a break and did these. The cream paper is textured and the colored ones have a slight texture. Yeah, I coud have just bought some precut paper and called it a day. But that would be too easy! I spent a few hours cutting some paper with the paper cutter and spent the bulk of an evening being stingy with 3D foam dots (I cut them smaller so I wouldn't waste them.) My fiance wondered why I didn't just glue the damn things on. I said, "Because it is cuter and if I change my mind I can just pluck them off." He gave me a "you are strange" look but kissed me and moved on. Haha.

Price: $2.36 (I was peeved that I missed the 1/2 off sale or I would've stocked up on the paper)

Photo 44: Wish Bowl Cards (The text says: Wishes...advice...memories...wisdom)

DSCF1043WishBowlCardsTrio.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 44: Seventy-two cards. FYI the card sizes are 4 x 3. You can get 12 of them out of a 12x12 sheet of paper.

DSCF1030WishBowlCards.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Getting married today! Well not until this afternoon since it is 1am right now. I have some pictures to share.
These were all made will materials I had on hand for prior wedding projects.

Photo 45: Tent fold Table Numbers: The vellum overlay is a list of guests names at the table. Printed on leftover offwhite paper in color ink and bordered with placecard remnants of blue or green. They are double sided. Each one has a different poem on it. I'm really proud of these. They came out so much better than I ever imagined even though these were not my original idea.

DSCF1181TableNumberProjectDone.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 46: Chocolate stuffed Party Favors with Thank You Notes

DSCF1215PartyFavorsDone.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 47: Thank you note closeup inside (each one had a different poem or quote)

DSCF1135PartyFavorThankYous.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 48: Toasting Goblets with Name Charms

DSCF1183WeddingGobletProject.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 49: Wilson Streamers in basket (decorated with coordinating paper and instructional poem). There weren't enough petal cones for all and not enough room so this is a way for people to celebrate. The streamers will stay attached to the can for easy clean up.

DSCF1222StreamerCansInBasket.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 50: Placecard pockets assembled. Used leftover program fan paper and ribbon. Each pocket contains a guest card and a thankyou note with different poems for each.

DSCF1166PlaceCardsDone.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 51: Placecards Disassembled

DSCF1164PlaceCardsDisassembled.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 52: Petal cones with attached poetic instructional circle. (After the I do/Shower the couple''s heads/with these flower petals/as they take their first steps as newlyweds) They were kind of plain and I thought that the added instructions in blue and green lettering was a nice touch.

DSCF1198PetalConeTagged.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 53: Final bridesmaid gifts. (front of tshirt posted earlier). Jewely box was hand lined with felt and stained. Box was bought at Michaels for a dollar and holds the jewelry pictured earlier. The tshirt name transfer didn't come out quite right but was okay. I'd made the card in the spring when I was practicing origami folds. Instead of throwing away the origami dress I made it into a card. We'll all be making our grand entrance wearing sunglasses.

DSCF1214BridesmaidTshirtGiftsDone.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 54: Gift Box. The bridesmaid gift box was kept really simple with a nice satin ribbon.

DSCF1223BridesmaidGiftBox.jpg

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Congratlulations ALG! I hope all the work you did for your wedding gets returned a thousand times in your marriage. I am in awe of your DIY projects. Best wishes to you both.
36.gif

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
That's all for tonight. Been so busy and haven't had a good night sleep between it being oppressively hot and humid and then really cold. I forgot to take pictures of the veil and garter my bridesmaid made for me, so unfortunely I don't have those to share yet. I won't be posting anything until post honeymoon.

Happy Wedding planning and good luck!

And if we share a wedding day, I wish you happiness and blue skies today.

Now I am off to get some sleep!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Aimilee...I have goosebumps thinking of you on your big day.
36.gif
So much preparedness when into all the details. People are going to be so impressed!

Much happiness to you as you begin the evening as MRS....!!! Just hours from now...
emsmiled.gif
emsmiled.gif
all your hard work will come to fruition!!

Can''t wait for your update!!

Best wishes!
emrose.gif
DKS

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
ALG, I can''t believe you were up posting all of that on the eve of your wedding!

You did a FANTASTIC job on everything and are an inspiration for all of us.

Congratulations and I hope your wedding was everything you ever dreamed of!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results