shape
carat
color
clarity

ALG''s Wedding Updates

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Yes. I peeled and stuck ever single rhinestone by hand. Luckily I have small fingers. There was not one rhinestone left. I used every single one. None to spare! I got real lucky.

Photo 18: Insane Bridesmaid Project In Progress

bridesmaidprojectinprogressDSCF0345.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 19: Insane Bridesmaid Project Front (done except for unfinished logo that will be on back of tee)

bridesmaidprojectdoneDSCF0348.jpg

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
I may have missed this, but how many people do you expect at your wedding?
Your work is amazing! Can I ask where you got the charms with your names on them?
Danielle

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Your shirts look great! You are much more adventurous than I was. I bought premade rhinestone transfers on ebay
1.gif

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 8:45:53 AM
Author: mainemomof2
I may have missed this, but how many people do you expect at your wedding?
Your work is amazing! Can I ask where you got the charms with your names on them?
Danielle
Thank you for the feedback. Puts a big smile on my face when people like what I''ve done :)

We are expecting between 80 and 90 people. Not a tiny wedding but still small. As for the charms, believe it or not, they are supposed to be for keychains! I happend to be in a hallmark store looking for tissue paper but they didn''t have what I wanted, but as i was walking by the register I saw these cute little hearts with names on them. I didn''t think I''d find both our names but the fates were kind that day. They are heavy too! I got real lucky.

Date: 4/9/2007 8:46:22 AM
Author: robbie3982
Your shirts look great! You are much more adventurous than I was. I bought premade rhinestone transfers on ebay
1.gif
Thanks! Had there been more than 3 of us I wouldn''t have been such a Scrooge :) As I was putting on each stone after tedious stone I was thinking, "Dang. Why didn''t I just suck it up and buy the premades?" :)

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Got a few updates for today, though not much.

First the wedding purse. It's not that I'm cheap really, it is just that I am selective where I'll fork over an amount that makes my credit card smoke. Purses just aren't one of those things I'll pay through the nose for. I don't carry purses but a keychain wallet just isn't going to go with my dress ;-) I have a white evening purse I got for $5 a couple of years ago but my dress isn't white. I didn't want froufrou and I didn't want gaudy but I didn't want too plain either. I figured this would be the last accessory I'd get (I didn't want to spend more than ten dollars), but a few weeks ago one of my bridesmaids and I happened to be in TJMaxx and I happened to walk by their purse clearance bin. I didn't expect to find anything and certainly not nearly the same style I'd seen on a website selling for $54.

Total Price: $12.99

Photo 20: Perfect Champagne White Purse

DSCF0550 WeddingPurse.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
My original idea was to get real jewelry for my wedding so that they could be worn again. I really don''t have real adult jewelry except for my engagment ring and the necklace my sweetie got me for Valentine''s Day. I''m older now and fairly confident I won''t lose nice jewelry. Shopping for nice jewelry brought be back to the reality of the situation! I''d already forgotten to include it in the budget and the prices were giving me facial wrinkles. So I went back to the shop where I got my dress and got lucky. I love the necklace as it is perfectly me. The earrings I don''t love but they look great on me and have sparkle that matches my dress. I have the hair comb and the matching bracelet on order and will post when I get them. Unfortunately I didn''t have nice velvet to photograph them on so the picture doesn''t really do them justice.

Total Price: Necklace $74, Earrings $32

Photo 21: Wedding Jewelry

DSCF0546 WeddingNecklaceAndEarrings.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
I find it very difficult to photograph jewelry so I apologize that the picture isn''t the greatest but I have some stock photos that I''ll post next. In the picture is my engagement ring, its matching wedding band, and my fiances wedding band. His wedding band is a tri-color-gold weave. He picked it out, I thought for sure he''d go for a celtic knot style. I''m not a gold person but I really love this ring. We got it at Kay Jewelers and it comes with a lifetime warranty. He got my matching band the same place he got my engagement ring (bluenile.com -- it is high quality you can choose the quality of the diamonds. The person at the jewelry store who cleaned my ring was take aback by the quality of the ring and speechless at the price)

Total Price His Wedding Band: $577 (I debated putting the price of his band as it feels "not right" to put it to me, but I figured some people might want to know.)

Photo 22: Our Wedding Rings

DSCF0543 WeddingBands.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I just found this thread, and your commentary is hilarious.
9.gif
You''ve done an amazing job with everything. I know that I wouldn''t have the patience for it! I love the sapphires in your ring, too.

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Here is a photo I found online. The one we have isn't quite this shiney (It is more of a "brushed"metal look) and the silver knotting in the photo is gold not silver on the one we have. But at least you can see the detail without the camera flash blazing off the gold. I'll take a better picture of the real thing once the sun decides it want to appear this week so I don't have to use a flash.

Photo 22: Men's TriGold Wedding Band Stock Photo

TriGoldWovenMensWeddingBandStockPhoto.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 23: My wedding band (blue nile photo)

BlueNileWeddingBand.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Long story again. I can't help myself.

This whole "girlie" business is a brand new game for me. I was my face with an almond meal scrub, conealer under eyes, slap on some eyeliner, comb my hair put it into a low tail or twist bun and go 99% of the time. If I'm going somewhere special I put on more makeup and spend more than 2 minutes on my hair. So...I'd completely forgotten about hair and makeup. I have terrible luck with makeup. Mac seems to be the only thing that shows up on my skintone, though the price does cause me minor heart palpitations. Fortunately my makeup needs are sparse. (By the way, don't EVER buy makeup brushes from a mall counter. If you insist on a brush that you can't find at CVS go to an art store).

Anyway, I go by this spa/salon all the time and never paid much attention. I happened to get an appointment yesterday when I called. I have to say, it is refreshing to get people who listen to you! I explained that I wanted a half up-do, that it needed to hold up in heat, that I have a long face and high forhead and need to draw attention away from those features. I got more than I expected! I have healthy but fine hair and she made it look like I have tons of hair on my head. Love her.

The makeup woman was personable and also has ears. I was confident I wouldn't repeat the "lavender eyeshadow" mall counter incident (I was horrified when I got home that day!). Again, a woman who listened. Make the dark circles vanish (genetic problem), make my eyes big, its got to look great in photos. Now, I am not used to wearing makeup and when she was done I didn't recognize myself. I couldn't say I liked it or didn't like it. I felt...weird!
emdgust.gif
Then I realized what it was. She got rid of the dark circles completely and gave me an even skin tone. I still keep looking at my pictures trying to decide if I like it or not. Love, Love, Love her. Not sure if you all are interested in the eye pictures but I'll post them anyway.

Price for Trial: $55 for hair, $65 for makeup
Price for wedding day: (normally would be the same price but it is a Sunday and they have to come on site):
Hair/Makeup for Bride $300. Hair/Makeup for each additional girl $150 ($75 if they just want either/or).

Photo 24: The Hair Inspiration

curly_updo_img.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 25: Hair Inspiration #2

curly_half_updo_style06_M.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Ignore the long tendrils in the back as they were there only for me to explain to her where I wanted the final product on my Wedding to fall. The back will be be allowed to fall a bit lower than it is but not as low as the tendrils reach. A happy medium.

Photo 25: My Hair Trial (Back View)

DSCF0465 WeddingHairBack.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 26: My Hair Trial (Back View, Different Lighting)

DSCF0470 WeddingHairBack2.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Whatever hairspray they use is very good and has a pleasant smell. You know how they put you in a cloud of spray and you hope that something doesn't spark within a hundred yards. :) Lots of things makes me sneeze but this stuff didn't. It did feel a little shellaced at first and crispy but I slept on it and it is quite soft today. I still keep sniffing my hair because it smells so good!

Photo 27: My Hair Trial Side View

DSCF0464 WeddingHairSideView.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
I apologize for the lighting and extreme closeup (nothing like closeup to see how old you really are). That said, this before photo is quite kind. The circles are more blue than they are showing and tend to look like healing black eye bruises in different light. That's why I was so flabbergasted when she made them go away.

Photo 28: Makeup Trial Eyes (Before -- well, technically after since I took the makeup off then took the picture :) )

DSCF0530MakeupEyesNone.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
From a distance and the right light it really blends well. I think I want a more dramatic eye but I'm pleased with what she accomplished. I really do have eyelashes. They are just not thick on the upper lid and the bottom ones (the few that I have are blond so you can never see them). I'm considering some tasteful, natural false lashes additions for my Wedding for an extra oomph.

I did get a bit of a scolding for not mosturizing my eyes. :) And she's right. The creases you see aren't wrinkles (thank goodness almost had a heart attack when I was inspecting my face) but the makeup settling into dry skin.

Photo 29: Makeup Trial Eyes (After)

DSCF0530MakeupEyesWith.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-everything looks great! Im really impressed by all your finds!!

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have anything to show today. Things are getting down to the wire and even though I know that everything will be okay I get some nagging panic in the back of my head. Budget is really tight right now as despite all my planning and scrimping, because I got screwed for work this summer.
7.gif
Then my car decided it needed some mechanical attention so there is another kink...small...but a kink just the same. And I still haven''t gotten a gift for my maids, parents, or grandmother. I''m trying not to hyperventilate. Ooooohhhhmmmmm...breathe in...breathe out.

I am having my shoes shipped from the bridal shop I got my dress and they haven''t come yet and it''s worrying me and I''ll have to call them tomorrow. I am also working on some program fans that I''m really excited to show you all once I get a prototype done. My MOH asked my why I don''t just do a simple trifold and I said, "Because I''m the bride and I want to be difficult." :) They''ll be worth it. The cutting won''t be fun but that''s why I have Bmaids!

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Just one word: WOW! You are a born a wedding planner!!!!
36.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
You are my INSPIRATION . . .
I have been having heart palpitations over this wedding and my insanely tight budget and a large guest list but looking through your posts, I think I might just be able to pull it off. When I get discouraged I am gonna come and read more of your posts.

I also live near Boston, where do you live? Maybe we can have a PS get together and I can pick your brain? Anyway, I think you are amazing and your posts are super fun to read. Thank you.

- hikerchick

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments! My MOH and I have discussed starting an invitation business.

Yes, there is more! My shoes and final peices of jewelry finally came in! Good grief what a chore! The salesperson who took my order no longer works there and she A. never mailed my things B. didn't write down my bracelet. I had them mailed because I didn't want to drive all the way there again and I was willing to spend the $15 shipping fee. So, first the rest of the jewelry. The bracelet came with the necklace (posted previously) and the headcomb was $60. I know, I know what was I thinking at that price? I'll tell you what I was thinking. It was exactly what I wanted and they had to have it specially made in silver because I didn't want gold and I was tired of looking things for a better bargain :) Since one of my BM's will be making my veil for pennies I figured it was a reasonable trade off.

Photo 30: Headcomb and Bracelet. (Sorry that the picture quality isn't the best)

DSCF0699 BraceletAndComb.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
The shoes. I think they are called "Lovely"; 2 inch heels. They are very comfortable. My MOH sings their praises up down and sideways. I don't wear heels yet I also find them comfortable. They look better on, maybe I'll take a picture with my foot in them later. Price: $55 each (including dying).

Photo 31: Bridesmaid and Bride's Shoes

DSCF0678 Wedding Shoes.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
I have a few picture updates finally.

Today we officially have 30 days until Defcon 2007. Its not that bad really, just a lot of little things to do. Budget is tight. Really tight. The whole having to pay the honeymoon in advance which we hadn''t included in the original budget because we are doofuses has really made my credit card cry. Missing out on a summer employement opportunity becuase of one day really put a crimp in my style; I''m still really mad about that. Anyway, we applied for our marriage liscense today. Thank goodness MA has done away with that whole blood test for syphyllis rule. In three days we can pick it up. Of course there is a chaching. $50.00

Oh...don''t get me started on these little ping charges that you forgot about. You can be going along swimmingly and then you get pinged in the head by a dollar sign.

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
My First Dress Fitting. What a difference pinning can make! I no longer have the illusion of a giant bust and I had them take out that ridicuousl stiff tulle netting under the dress. It made the dress too poufy for my tastes and was reminiscent of a cupcake or cake topper. It feels so mucyh lighter and drapes much better, I think, without all that frou frou fussy fussy on the underskirt. It took longer than expected to pin it. I went with a traditional bustle instead of a French because it didn''t seem to fit with the style of the dress and the bustle looks great the regular way. Now don''t think this was a painless exercise. The bridey dew in my eyes hadn''t even had a chance to dry when I had a near apoplectic fit over the price of the alteration. I expected it to be $100 Price: $300. Ping$...ping......$ping......$pingpingpingpingpingpingping. Want to see the lump on my head?

Photo 32: First Dress Fitting (Front)

DSCF0815FirstDressFittingFront.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Photo 33: First Dress Fitting (Back, Bustled)

DSCF0816FirstDressFittingBackBustled.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Bridesmaid Jewelry. Just when I was weak and feeling faint from being attacked so visciously and ruthlessly by dollar signs, I was lured by something sparkly in a kiosk. And, lo, next to the sparklies was a very fetching fifty percent off sign in all its glory. I clasped my hands together and let out a maniacle giggle. Matron of Honor and Bridesmaid gifts now complete! They aren't Swarofski crystals but they are pretty all the same. Truly, the photo doesn't do them justice. The stud earrings are for me since I don't think my cheap silver hoops would go with my dress very well. For all three peices with tax. Price: $74.58

Photo 34: Sparklie Bridesmaid Gifts

DSCF0857BridesmaidJewelry.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Another Insane Project Brought to You by the Insane Bride: Program Fans

For when you just need to make more work for yourself because you can't abide by paying four times as much, feel the need to use your best friends as slave labor, have attacks of craftitis or craftoscrapomania, and for when you really want to practice your swearing on inanimate objects...this project is ideal! Okay, so maybe I'm exageratting but I could have gone with the plain old traditional folded little booklets where you put the printer on go, have a nap, then come back and fold them in half. No. I needed the cute fans so my guests could appreciate the practicality and funtionality of a beribboned program that doubles as a cooling fan. And that's not all our guests will get. If they actually read the program they will not only see the normal wedding party, ceremony, thank you spiel, they instead are also treated to a poem and on the flipside wedding trivia about the unity candle, handfasting, rings, and something old! Please...do hold your applause. While the fan in the photo is near completion it doesn't yet have its spiffy covering blade in coordinating wedding colors. Be content for now.
2.gif

Okay enough silliness. I don't know if you can see in the photo, I altered a template that had three fan blades on it to one that could hold four. I just couldn't abide by all the paper waste by straignt printing three blades double sided, so I made it five times more difficult by having to print then flip and print again side one and repeat the procedure for side two so I could use every scrap of paper. This means that my template is not very user friendly but does the job. When the fan is 100% complete I'll post a picture of it by itself.

To make 70 fans with 6 blades
Ribbon: $1.99 110lb 500 count ivory cardstock: $8.00 Decorative paper for finishing blade (not shown): $2.00 Printer Ink Used: $8.00 Eyelets: 2@ $3.00
Cropadile Tool Purchased for the sake of sanity and future insanity: $25.00 An abundance of patience is required; aspirin not included. Total Price: $48.00

Photo 35: Program Fans (This is a sample shown it only has 4 blades. I recommend heavier cardstock if you can find it and if you can afford it)

DSCF0820ProgramFanProject.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
I was so giddy over my unity candles that I wanted to decorate the centerpiece candles the same way. What a disaster that was. It looks terrible in this kind of arrangement. If one was decorated the others looked plain, if they all were decorated it looked too stuffy and matchy. I had thought about using raffia but didn''t think it would look good. I was wrong. Lucky me they had green, blue, and the neutral worked on the cream candle. It took an afternoon with me and my bridesmaid (not including the four hours of testing the failed ribbon experiment), so not long at all. The procedure was simple. Wrap, wrap, wrap, bow. Fight with bow. Tame bow. Add heart charm. I didn''t have enough leftover heart charms from the invitations this time so I had to buy more. The Raffia was 1.99 each (used 1 of each color) for the colors and 2.99 for the natural and the charms. So the embelishment wasn''t expensive at all. Price: $7.00

Photo 36: Centerpeices Part Deux (Decorated)

DSCF0843CeterpeicesWithRaffia.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results