shape
carat
color
clarity

Ahem. My Amelia Stone. Unheated Padparadscha from Richard Wise, take two!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I can''t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packrat, the ring that must not be named belonged to a poster named surfgirl, who I don''t think posts here anymore. There was a lot of hoopla about it a while back because a "replica" was made, and SG was...not happy...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like Leon is really trying to maximize the beauty of your stone. The ideas you have sound beautiful, and I can''t wait to see what you end up with.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I know, I''m a lazy girl. Mercoledi, maybe 2 months? I''m in no hurry.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, I hadn''t really been scouring CS like I normally do and missed the update a couple of weeks ago!

I am so happy you''re using your gift to set Amelia''s pad. I can''t wait to see which way you go after Leon gets ahold of it.
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 8:05:57 PM
Author: FrekeChild
OMG I can''t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packrat, the ring that must not be named belonged to a poster named surfgirl, who I don''t think posts here anymore. There was a lot of hoopla about it a while back because a ''replica'' was made, and SG was...not happy...

Ohhh thanks for explaining it Freke! Now I gotta go have a looksy around.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Yay, how exciting! I''m glad your PS gift helped you decide to go with Leon! I''m sure it''ll be gorgeous! I can''t wait to see what you end up with!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry but I’m sort of confused about which setting you are going with: the 5 stone with the 2 half moons and 2 bullets? If so, I LOVE that setting design.
30.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2009 11:00:05 PM
Author: packrat
Date: 7/31/2009 8:05:57 PM

Author: FrekeChild

Packrat, the ring that must not be named belonged to a poster named surfgirl, who I don't think posts here anymore. There was a lot of hoopla about it a while back because a 'replica' was made, and SG was...not happy...

Ohhh thanks for explaining it Freke! Now I gotta go have a looksy around.

Parrot Tulips' ring approximated Surfgirl's ring, but SG's center stone was more of a oval, a stunning and distinctive OEC... I'm not sure you'll be able to find pictures of SG's ring, but Parrot Tulips' should be easy to find.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal -- how exciting! I love what I've seen of Leon Mege's work, but like you, I'm also not a huge fan of the "diamond encrusted" look. I can't wait to see what he comes up with for your pad beauty!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the enthusiasm ladies! It''s been so long since I got the stone, I''m sort of meh about the whole thing. Hopefully I''ll get more excited as time goes on.

Chrono, yes, the half moons and bullets look. His idea, and I think it will be the most classic, wearable look. But I''m game if he thinks of something else. Honestly, I just want to get it set and done with. I don''t really have any ideas in mind anymore. I''m probably his perfect client.
5.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are two samples I found on his site. I think my stone is quite a bit smaller.

r513-20Wwaaa.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
5.gif

r784_008Wwaaa.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see what you end up with T, I know it will be beautiful.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 6:21:42 PM
Author: Ellen
I hope so Ellen. I think it''s a bit freaky that I really don''t know what I want...I don''t have a strong sense of style for custom like you and some of the other PS ladies. Hopefully it turns out as perfect as your Leon!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-Gal, I LOVE that look. Your pad would look stunning in that setting. I can''t wait to see it.
30.gif
30.gif

Of course, if you don''t like it.... I will gladly take it.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 6:26:42 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 8/3/2009 6:21:42 PM
Author: Ellen
I hope so Ellen. I think it''s a bit freaky that I really don''t know what I want...I don''t have a strong sense of style for custom like you and some of the other PS ladies. Hopefully it turns out as perfect as your Leon!!
Eh, not everybody has a "vision". And I can''t think of anyone more capable to just hand a stone over to, I really trust he''ll make the perfect setting for it.
2.gif

And thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! You are getting my 5 stone "Dream" setting. That''s how I have it saved on ALL of my hard drives. Seriously. It is HANDS DOWN my favorite setting of his. I cannot wait. Congratulations T-gal. I can''t wait to see it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
True Ellen - I know you had a tough road with yours but truly, the pics of your rings would make me forgive Satan.
3.gif

Linda, OK, I''ll put you down as first on the list.
2.gif

Gypsy, I *think* the pics I posted are what he is thinking. I could be wrong. Who knows what I will end up with???

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw, he said my half moons would be "very small" so it will certainly be different in scale to what these other Leon 5 stoners are!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 12:31:29 AM
btw, he said my half moons would be ''very small'' so it will certainly be different in scale to what these other Leon 5 stoners are!

Doesn''t matter what size they are, it is going to be a knockout.

I had BETTER be first in line. You know how much I love pads, Miss T-Gal.
27.gif
31.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 12:34:35 AM
Author: Linda W

Date: 8/4/2009 12:31:29 AM
btw, he said my half moons would be ''very small'' so it will certainly be different in scale to what these other Leon 5 stoners are!

Doesn''t matter what size they are, it is going to be a knockout.

I had BETTER be first in line. You know how much I love pads, Miss T-Gal.
27.gif
31.gif
No threats needed, put the bat away suppa-G!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations TGal!!

Leon''s five stone ring is in my top 3 most favourite setting as well. Unfortunately Leon felt my stone was too squat to look nice in that setting.

Your stone though, is going to look fabulous in it! I can''t wait to see the finished ring!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 1:27:44 AM
Author: Boom
Congratulations TGal!!

Leon''s five stone ring is in my top 3 most favourite setting as well. Unfortunately Leon felt my stone was too squat to look nice in that setting.

Your stone though, is going to look fabulous in it! I can''t wait to see the finished ring!
Squat? You mean the one in your avatar? But it looks gorgeous!!!

My stone is very shallow...maybe Leon might say "squat" too? Oh my!!
39.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Squat. I love it. His three stone settings are "squat"... I know, having seen enough of them. I suppose the techincal term is "low profile" however. So I suggest you both just refer to your stones as "spready".... Squat... ROFLMAO.

T-gal can't wait.

You've got me craving a Leon five stone. That ones gonna have to wait a long time though.

Congrats!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 1:38:27 AM
Author: Gypsy
Squat. I love it.

T-gal can''t wait.

You''ve got me craving a Leon five stone. That ones gonna have to wait a long time though.

Congrats!
Thanks Gypsy. It''s gonna be awhile before I get mine too. What kind of stone would you want for a Leon 5-stoner?

And now Boom has me scared of squat!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I edited. Sorry.

The one with the cushion that you posted is my "Dream" ring. Problem is (and I''m gonna get shot on this board) I''ve recently come to terms with the fact that I am much more of a diamond girl than a CS girl (*dodges bullets*)... so I''d WANT a 3 carat cushion just like that one in there. So... unless something shocking happens to my finances anytime soon, I''m in for a LONG wait on that.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 1:38:27 AM
Squat. I love it. His three stone settings are ''squat''... I know, having seen enough of them. I suppose the techincal term is ''low profile'' however. So I suggest you both just refer to your stones as ''spready''.... Squat... ROFLMAO.
If squat = spready, I''m in trouble. My stone is VERY squat. But I told him the damn thing was spready. I should have said squatty, damn it!!
39.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 1:42:30 AM
I edited. Sorry.

The one with the cushion that you posted is my ''Dream'' ring. Problem is (and I''m gonna get shot on this board) I''ve recently come to terms with the fact that I am much more of a diamond girl than a CS girl (*dodges bullets*)... so I''d WANT a 3 carat cushion just like that one in there. So... unless something shocking happens to my finances anytime soon, I''m in for a LONG wait on that.
I know what you mean. The ring I posted makes me want to reset my cushion, but I know it has NO chance of looking like that so I''ll keep it as is. This pad thing is my first and LAST colored stone ever. It has never made my heart sing like my diamond has but I DO love the uniqueness of it. That''s what I wanted for this ring.

I will say though, a dyn-O-mite spess would make my head turn, even though I don''t care for orange. I do love ogling everyone else''s colored stones though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And in case you are wondering... that''s ICY white 3 carat cushion.

Though, I could be (rather easily) pursuaded to get a fancy yellow (not light, not vivid, just in the middle) diamond in there. That''s what I wanted for my engagement ring, originally. Fancy yellow center with white diamond sides. Then we priced them.
39.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 1:47:17 AM
And in case you are wondering... that''s ICY white 3 carat cushion.

Though, I could be (rather easily) pursuaded to get a fancy yellow (not light, not vivid, just in the middle) diamond in there. That''s what I wanted for my engagement ring, originally. Fancy yellow center with white diamond sides. Then we priced them.
39.gif
Gah, a yellow diamond is my dream ring. And funny, I don''t care for those really bold vivid ones either. Just a gorgeous canary! I throw in my e-ring, my pad, and my bezel studs if I could get a 2 ct cushion yellow (I think a 3 carat would be pushing it!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results