shape
carat
color
clarity

AGSL Scintillation Studies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 2:21:58 PM
Author: whatmeworry
John,
Let me jump on the AGSL transparency in case they are reading this, GIA has posted papers on their cut studies on their website. I can't find anything comparable on the AGSL cut grading on the web exept for what excerpts gets posted here (Thanks BTW).
There is a tutorial on ASET at the AGS Advanced Instruments Division, here: http://www.agsaid.net/index.aspx

You're right about limited info posted to the internet considering how much they're doing. I'd suspect it's lack of posting-manpower more than anything else. Besides, they probably know some of us are excitable enough that we'll come here and share it with the internet's primary gathering of cut-educated consumer enthusiasts anyway.
37.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/9/2007 5:45:54 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 7/9/2007 4:30:47 PM
Author: strmrdr

AGS releases at a much higher level than GIA does.
You wont find much of this on AGS's website because very few would understand it.
Peter thru the PS trade members has answered questions I have posted on here about their system we haven't got anywhere close to that kind of attention from GIA.
It is very clear that AGS atleast listens and even some times acts on the points raised here.
For the record I find the researchers and teachers at GIA very communicative and always willing to answer questions when they're contacted. I don't believe they're at liberty to disclose ongoing projects to the degree that AGSL can (which is to fling the doors open, tell you to grab some iced-tea and pull up a microscope) and Strm's right - AGSL makes no secret that the discussions on this forum are a point of interest for them.

This has its risks, as it opens the doors for pre-judgment and criticism of beta concepts. In fact I used to worry when we'd share pre-info here, thinking the criticism might stop Peter from wanting to share it any more - but those guys embrace it. I suspect Peter has either read the cluetrain manifesto or it's in his genes.
As I dont use AGSL's services (dont deal with rounds)..., i do think they are leaders in transfering this "primitive" business to its next level of transperancy and professionalism...
Pricescope is a perfect tool for this purpose..., the amount of professional information here is tremendous..., and is watched/learned by top members of this industry (so it seems to me...)

I guess GIA is still buried (a bit) in the old world of this business...

We all know that AGS is following PS discussions, and we assume GIA is too (but anonymously)!!!

apologies for the threadjack John....
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results