shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS VS1 F

Diamond_Kal

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I know this topic has been posted over and over.
I have searched and read a lot but still cannot get a straight answer.

The diamond I'm planning on is a 1.3 VS1 F which is graded by AGS to be a H&A.

Do I have to worry about the color and clarity to be less, probably a VS2 G ? As from what I understand reading around is AGS are usually 1 grade more lenient than GIA.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGS does not grade diamonds to be H&A stones. All labs can have a variance in their color/clarity grades but as John Pollard - a well respected vendor has said here many times - it cannot be assumed that an AGS graded stone will be graded higher or lower in color - and vice versa with GIA stones. Color grading is still subjective and done by human beings so there is no guaranteed perfection in it. An appraiser may give you another opinion on color but still it is his opinion. If you have an AGS or GIA certificate stating color, you are buying it at that price point and can resell/trade it at that price point too.

Having said that, cut is still the most important aspect of diamond buying. Just make sure that your stone is a well cut stone and that YOU like what you see in it. I see from your prior post that you are considering a WF ACA stone. Those stones are very well cut and WF has designated it as having all the attributes to be considered in their top tier of branded diamonds - super ideal hearts and arrows cut. I sincerely don't think you will be disappointed in either the color/clarity or its performance. Great choice!!

Diamond_Kal

Rough_Rock
Thanks MissGotRocks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results