shape
carat
color
clarity

After a nice green jade cabochon

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting jaded by her photos and videos lately, pun intended.
I keep seeing nice lavenders and ask for videos. The videos show the skin tone as too red, which means the lavender is also over saturated in the video and photo.

I think I'm calling it a day with coloured jade from FB lady. Until a nice glassy comes along. That should be easier as it's colourless.

I'd say get a cab rather than something set from her?

Oh boooo I liked the look of some of her lavender jade. And I really loved my earrings. Was hoping she'd be the go to vendor for the jade cab eventually.

She's good for earrings at any rate!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it's a quartz?

Have you had any of the lady's stuff tested? Hehe my theory is if yours is real, so is mine :D

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I showed my jewellers the earrings today. Pass!

Woot!!!!

I'm getting a lot of compliments for my earrings!

Still bummed about her metal backing situation on all the rings.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They loved how the white leaves looked. The green pair to them is of a higher value. That mine where they came from is depleted.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
All schlepped to China ;-)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did the green colour fare when you saw them in real life? Did they match some of the photos in the end?

Also how thick where they?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How did the green colour fare when you saw them in real life? Did they match some of the photos in the end?

Also how thick where they?

Thin. They are a complex green with light and dark swirls if that makes sense? I like. Left them with my jewellers to remove the dangly thin chain.

That also explains why the colour was hard to capture.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Splotchy jade. No likey!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hehe I thought you would say that! I am broke anyway but it makes me feel better for you to console me!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh @Burmesedaze I'm so sad!

The Australian dollar is falling and now at 74c USD. I won't be buying anything for a while! Could be a loooong while! I think we're going to fall some more.

Hoanggiang

Rough_Rock
IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1416.JPG so beauty!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
If you are ever up for a bit of home remodelling.... Jadeite tiles? :D

FB_IMG_1529902346269.jpg FB_IMG_1529902356917.jpg FB_IMG_1529902349009.jpg

I once saw an apartment where they used jadeite tiles as a kitchen backsplash! It was very impressive! I mean, shouldn’t I look at something nice while i’m slaving away at the stove cooking dinner, right?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I once saw an apartment where they used jadeite tiles as a kitchen backsplash! It was very impressive! I mean, shouldn’t I look at something nice while i’m slaving away at the stove cooking dinner, right?

Haha. Jadeite is porous hence the need for the traditional waxing method for polish and to make it less permeable to funny stuff. Not so sure how they'd withstand years of frantic Asian cooking. But it's an idea!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. Jadeite is porous hence the need for the traditional waxing method for polish and to make it less permeable to funny stuff. Not so sure how they'd withstand years of frantic Asian cooking. But it's an idea!

Or they could do what ALL my parent's friends (and parents) do and cook outside on a dinky stove leaving the fancy jade kitchen pristine. :bigsmile:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maybe i should get some cheap jade coasters made here bwahaha

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze since I totally missed the boat when you went back to Singapore and am still leery of the horrible $AUD, I wanted to ask you if you reckon your jewellers would Fedex some necklaces to me when the time is right and I contact them?

I don't want to contact them at all and bother them if it's not something they would consider doing.

Alas I have been looking at the necklaces from jade lady and my dreams of bigger beads are not going to happen with her. Her stuff is green but tiny! Haha every time I see a 5mm necklace I have your imaginary voice in my head going "too tiny!!!!!"

I really wish that husband of mine would let me fly over for a day! *cries*

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

670D0A3D-E1E1-44D4-8EA3-94F3EABA8F29.jpeg

Got this from the GIA site, it’s so pretty, especially if you do it with Canadian nephrite. That is a hardcore stove btw, I have never seen 6 burners on a stovetop before.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Got this from the GIA site, it’s so pretty, especially if you do it with Canadian nephrite. That is a hardcore stove btw, I have never seen 6 burners on a stovetop before.

Neither have 1 on the 6 burners. Must be a huge family :razz:

I was doing some thinking. A tempered glass panel could always protect the tiles as a backsplash :D

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze since I totally missed the boat when you went back to Singapore and am still leery of the horrible $AUD, I wanted to ask you if you reckon your jewellers would Fedex some necklaces to me when the time is right and I contact them?

I don't want to contact them at all and bother them if it's not something they would consider doing.

Alas I have been looking at the necklaces from jade lady and my dreams of bigger beads are not going to happen with her. Her stuff is green but tiny! Haha every time I see a 5mm necklace I have your imaginary voice in my head going "too tiny!!!!!"

I really wish that husband of mine would let me fly over for a day! *cries*

Lol it's ok. Can always mail it the next trip.

You can ALL fly over.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow! Incredible color. Do you think it's photoshopped? I'm not a wilting daisy with my decorating, but that would take center stage.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Incredible color. Do you think it's photoshopped? I'm not a wilting daisy with my decorating, but that would take center stage.

If you look closely, you will see what they have done is cut thin slices of nephrite and then backlit them against a light panel. That’s why the tiles glow like that, it is literally lit up. Can you imagine the effect when you flip the switch for your awestruck house guests? They will never brag about their italian marble countertops again!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you look closely, you will see what they have done is cut thin slices of nephrite and then backlit them against a light panel. That’s why the tiles glow like that, it is literally lit up. Can you imagine the effect when you flip the switch for your awestruck house guests? They will never brag about their italian marble countertops again!

This thread has veered all over the place, starting out looking for a nice jade cabochon and ending up here with a nephrite back splash. I love it. Thanks @mellowyellowgirl. Hugs to you in aussieland.

So if I ever move and get to decorate from scratch, I'm doing this. Somewhere. It's unbelievable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results