shape
carat
color
clarity

After a nice green jade cabochon

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I advise you to spend meaningfully. Not to not spend ;-)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha so is a lighter shorter strand meaningful?

I've sworn nothing until I finish my JD ring!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If it means something to you, of course it's meaningful! Lol

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink Bandit came home and said: That's not as bad as I thought it would be. Goes with your clothes.

I'm taking that as a win!!!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like that ring too. Ask to view it IRL. The setting is pretty obviously Made in China and doesn't cost much even though it's 18k with so so diamonds.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze I can't stop wearing the necklace!!!!

I luuuubs you for introducing me to the vendor and the importance of translucency. It makes the necklace look so dreamy!!!!

That maw sit sit like one would have been a disaster!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! Succeess finally! The necklace really suits you. Are you getting a ring too?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Succeess finally! The necklace really suits you. Are you getting a ring too?

I'm going to wait after Singapore and also after JD's ring comes in.

To be honest I am in a bit of a necklace spiral. Wouldn't mind a light coloured one as well. If I had to ask myself honestly I think I yearn for another necklace more! I am REALLY enjoying the necklace! Let me sit on it for a few weeks!

I don't really want to wear jade on jade anyway so no rush for a ring I guess.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just for laughs. Imagine this as a pendant.

Capture+_2018-04-08-23-06-26.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze the sheer volume of these things always makes me wonder what the market is like for them. Are they producing them because it is the only thing that piece of jade is suited for or is there a booming market for monstrous pendants.

I mean some of the stuff.....*shakes my head*

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There's no accounting for taste???

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's gorgeous!!!! Those two bead colours really go so well together! I am waiting with baited breath for your string of beads which you are harvesting from multiple strings!

I am wearing mine right now too! With a green dress! hehe I am so lucky half my wardobe is green :lol:

I've been peeking at the lady's stock to perve on necklaces but only ugly pendants today.

I challenge you to make this work with your next outfit :P2

30581505_1868580953202654_7921394843291484160_n.jpg

Seriously is it an ox? Rhino? dragon?

The asian cabbage always makes me smile even though it's bizzare! Reminds me of jap chae cuz I use that cabbage in my jap chae noodle dish.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is one gorgeous piece of jade. Why on earth can't they make nice cabs and earrings from that instead of carving an...armadillo???

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cabbage is good. A jade cabbage brooch would look so cool. Much like an armadillo brooch!

Or a ring. That lovely piece of jade is enough for a nice simple ring.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I draw the line at wearing cabbages! I would love to collect an apple, corn, fish and cabbage though if I ever had the funds! But for my display not to wear! And this is me who wear lots of dresses with food pictures printed all over them!

Ahh so it's an armadillo. That would take effort to carve too! I REALLY want to know who is buying this stuff up! SOMEONE is buying it!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meant to ask you, how tough are the strings they use on the necklace? I've been carting mine around and draping it in the kitchen when I do housework so I can admire it! Soooo pretty!

I wish Hubs would let me fly out to visit you!!!! OMG Imagine me loose at your jewellers in that jade glass case ;(;(;(

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pretty tough. None has given way sou far but... I don't wear them all the time.

Here are the 2 kinds they use. The richer nylon and the normal thread. I think it depends on the drill hole size.

20180409_182555-1.jpg 20180409_182557-1.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My dream set. The suite of glassy jadeite. Not the design though. But rather OTT for daily wear!

Capture+_2018-04-13-21-34-45.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!!!!!! That design is making my neck itch though!

I was reading about your non bendy hand in the other thread! I have a non bendy right hand! The left hand I can squeeze into a 54mm diameter bangle but the right hand will not bend! Sometimes I toy with the idea of jamming a permanent jade bangle onto my right hand!

Have I seen your bangles? I don't think I have! Do you wear them?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh yes the left non master hand is always slightly smaller and more flexible. Smaller finger size too and left foot!

63mm for me is with a plastic bag. Without a baggie I need 68mm.

I have 2 bangles but don't really like the colours. 1 is a gift and the other inexpensive. They are posted somewhere on my thread.

I gym so I have to be able to slip the bangle out easily on demand. I don't know how people can wear them without taking them out! What about cooking, typing, housework? I'm not going to wear a bangle costing thousands to clean the bathroom!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Look at this colour and translucency. Sigh. Why no simple cab form???

Capture+_2018-04-14-15-39-50.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why have a cab when you can have a.....snail.....I think!
Lol I did think of you when I saw the colour and the texture!

Mine were only $500ish so not the end of the world if they break. I wear them on holidays! I am vary about my gold going into chlorine pools or salty sea water on holidays and the jade bangles are comfier to wear than metal ones as I don't like taking things off on holidays so they are perfect holiday jewellery.

The Facebook lady's bangles cost the earth though!

You know what I DO NOT have a cab to wear to Infinity War! I sooo wanted to wear a cab on each hand to Infinity War!!!!! :D

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha it's a ruyi pendant. "As you wish" = ruyi.

Close-up of the cabs and another pair of cab dangles i made. Each pair excl the setting was below us$100.

20180414_165031.jpg 20180414_164851-1.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I "had" made.

I have another pair of cab dangles, green and white, that I think I've either lost or misplaced!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results