shape
carat
color
clarity

After a nice green jade cabochon

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol yes very up pink bandit's alley. How big are the beads?

7mm

My green strand should be arriving tomorrow! I'll wait and see the colour to see how her colours translate!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh I found the post. 7mm. The description says purple base.
I think the colours look too rich.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should probably stick to rose quartz if I'm looking for true pink!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's got some super green necklaces that are sooo dewy and gorgeous!!!! Oh to be rich!!!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These are my 10mm grey pink jadeite. This is the most uniform so only a few beads have the green flecks. Which I actually like. I thinking of getting another strand with more green flecks for a bracelet to match. For a nude look. Under $200 each :razz:

20180405_192146.jpg 20180405_192328-1.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo pretty! I love the green flecks! Did you see any of this stuff in Singapore?

I have promised the bracelet to Lil Sis. I think she's more excited than me! :lol:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sooo pretty! I love the green flecks! Did you see any of this stuff in Singapore?

I have promised the bracelet to Lil Sis. I think she's more excited than me! :lol:

Nope this isn't that common. Most folks prefer green..that's why the greens go for so much.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about jade beads in general? Did you see any in Singapore?

I saw a fellow mum at pick up wear a lovely clear forest green jade bead bracelet this afternoon and I couldn't help but look at it! I always wonder if these things are A grade jade since there are so many fakes around. She was Chinese!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I personally think with the green flecks, they don't look like costume beads. Price is good too and they aren't cracky.

I bought another strand earlier to break into 2 adult bracelets as gifts and the remaining beads for a kid's bracelet. I gifted that to this cheeky monkey where I usually go diving. I've known them for years and literally saw her and her siblings grow up.

The pink bracelet, tiny pink sapphire ring in silver, Frozen dress, pink bag, pink fluffy keychain, pink Frozen water bottle 20171015_182958.jpg 20171015_190329.jpg 20171015_185820.jpg 20171015_185645_HDR.jpg and pink LED reading lamp are from me! Doesn't her love for PINK sound familiar? Lol

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really don't look at jewellery in Singapore. No time. But majority of neighborhood shops sell B and C jade. My granny's jade stuff were mostly B and C. Which we didn't realise when she was alive and we were buying for her. I know better now. Lightweight. Too green etc.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Try to save for a good cabochon or a pair. Not too many bead necklaces. The beads are less valuable

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww OMG she must have been thrilled!!! That would have made my decade when I was a little kid!

I know I should try and save! It's so hard to not give into the impulse to shell out a few hundred for instant gratification! But I totally agree with you! Implementing it is harder!

I have kicked start my tourmaline ring project and that's it! I need a pair of Rose gold earrings in Singapore and then I will sit tight and be good.

Am sitting on my emerald for now since the setting cost is already priced in AUD so won't change much and the city is just a train ride away anytime I need to set it.

See I have plan! I just need to stop browsing for stuff! IT'S SO HARD!!!!!!!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh rose gold earrings plenty in Singapore. You can try the main retail chains.

Speaking of tourmaline... I just bought this on eBay. 3.5 ct.

29033521.JPG 29033522.JPG 29033523.JPG Capture+_2018-04-05-19-45-47.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh that is a beauty!!! Good price?

The colour and cut looks fabulous in the pic!

You have got to post a pic of it when you get it! You just collecting it or you have specific plans for it?

The pink bandit would LOVE that! Hehe I have 3 pink rings I wear for him. Good thing is he loves rose gold so that passes off as pink! He might go nuts in the Singapore chain stores!

I think I mentioned to you years ago he wanted to buy a RG bangle for $6000 in Singapore. It was really pretty! Teeny tiny diamonds though! Smaller than the Whiteflash one!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lol check out Meysons for rose gold but check the gold content. They sell 10k-18k. Prices are decent I thought. But don't get CS there.

Guess how much that tourmaline cost!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just collecting first before I decide which to set next.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Knowing you, you probably got it for a bargain! You always make me feel guilty at the bargains you find!

I've done all this fact checking on the RI of tourmaline compared to other stones and I'm preparing myself for it to not be that sparkly. I hope I'll still like it though!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ikr. Under 80. ;)2

They aren't as sparkly but yours has a good cut. Focus on the colour.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aiiii trust you to find a huge stone for the price of an aussie buffet (I'm going this weekend I'm excited!)

I am good at finding cheap groceries!!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aiiii trust you to find a huge stone for the price of an aussie buffet (I'm going this weekend I'm excited!)

I am good at finding cheap groceries!!!!

That's of more daily value than gemstones! The seller had much bigger pieces that went to well over 3 digits. It's my first purchase from this seller, so didn't want to be too adventurous with the bidding. I guess everyone else were more interested in the huge ones.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I have kicked start my tourmaline ring project and that's it! I need a pair of Rose gold earrings in Singapore and then I will sit tight and be good.

Hi Mellowyellowgirl,

During which month will you be in Singapore? There will be a jewellery fair at MBS in late July, 26th to 29th if I get my dates correct. There is another much smaller one in Oct. I usually buy my jewellery at those shows. You can check them out if you happen to be around.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
20180406_073852.jpg 20180406_073805.jpg 20180406_073912.jpg
Here are some examples of earrings I bought from the fair.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mellowyellowgirl,
During which month will you be in Singapore? There will be a jewellery fair at MBS in late July, 26th to 29th if I get my dates correct. There is another much smaller one in Oct. I usually buy my jewellery at those shows. You can check them out if you happen to be around.

*wails*

I am there in July but not during those dates *cries*

Your earrings are gorgeous! LOVE the first pair!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze IT ARRIVED!!!!!

I really really like it! Had to take a terrible selfie but here it is. It's sooo smooth and shiny!!!! Her pics were fairly accurate imo (she sent me a bunch later that looked identical to these pics).

Really good and smooth transaction!

20180406_130056.jpg

20180406_125807.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice! The necklace seems a tad long. Any chance of getting a 2nd bracelet out of that?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was trying for the longer look so it's a 22 inch. Not enough beads for another bracelet. Will look like a tight choker.

Here is a more accurate colour in outside light. Maybe a shade lighter in real life. Me liiiike it very much!!!! Don't smack me but a lighter green would be great for my collection too. It feels so nice in the neck! Heavy and cool.

Photo courtesy of the 5yo!

Screenshot_20180406-152925.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha yea 1 darker and 1 lighter green. Maybe you can even wear them together :razz:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What did your husband say about the necklace on you?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did your husband say about the necklace on you?

Pink bandit still at work but he'll probably say it's too Asian. He's so against jade.

You know a shorter strand would look great with this one.

You're bad! You tell me to save but you're baaaaaad.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results