color
clarity

Afghan Tourmaline Ring Handshots

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
klewis said:
crasru said:
In the US. And I am on the verge of buying a (hopefully) nice sapphire. And I have just bought two nice stones from Gene.

Jeff Meyer did an excellent job but I must have made a mistake due to my easygoing nature. I was not in a hurry and said I would be fine waiting because I was not getting engaged. So naturally, there were many people who were getting engaged and he had to work on their projects first. And now the ring is finished but he is not working with customers' stones. Had I been more assertive, I could have had two rings from him! They are of unbelievable quality.

And BTW - re. flower pics, they are almost standard and would not fit a "manly" stone. Do you have a manly dog? A German Shepherd, for example? I think that photo of a man's hand with the ring on a dog's fur would look appealing! Or else, you could use one of local "exotic" animals.

Thanks for the suggestions. Oh no, my dog isn't manly enough - poor Fefe!! - just kidding. Apart from the bat we have no indigenous mammaIs which leaves birds lizards and insects.... hmmmm. I thought a hand shot on elephant, rhino or other rough skinned animal might be suitable but it would take some time to set up, hand shot on snarling carnivore; lion, tiger etc; on the other hand :naughty: I'll stick with Arjuna's suggestion of local scenery. In case anyone thinks I'm in need of therapy, I'm really not concerned whether my photo's look manly enough

Klewis, I am a psychiatrist! By default I am a strong advocate of therapy for everyone - otherwise how we'll make our money? :D :loopy: But I am seriously thinking of starting "gemotherapy" or "chromotherapy", I think it will attract many clients! (Just a joke, of course).
You just mentioned a "man-in ring" - I translated it as "manly" ring, I just read too fast and do not always get into what I read - sometimes it is an asset, sometimes a huge problem.

I hope I did not offend you by my suggestion! I have to be serious during the day, so in my spare time, I joke too much. I do not think everyone understands my jokes, I'll try to be more serious.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
That is one exceptionally fine ring you have there Klewis! Nice proportions, the stone looks substantial without overpowering the setting nor hand, I am sure the brilliance of the precision cut and the high quality material help to kick up its prescence. Congrats and I hope you have many more future projects to share with us :)

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
crasru said:
klewis said:
crasru said:
In the US. And I am on the verge of buying a (hopefully) nice sapphire. And I have just bought two nice stones from Gene.

Jeff Meyer did an excellent job but I must have made a mistake due to my easygoing nature. I was not in a hurry and said I would be fine waiting because I was not getting engaged. So naturally, there were many people who were getting engaged and he had to work on their projects first. And now the ring is finished but he is not working with customers' stones. Had I been more assertive, I could have had two rings from him! They are of unbelievable quality.

And BTW - re. flower pics, they are almost standard and would not fit a "manly" stone. Do you have a manly dog? A German Shepherd, for example? I think that photo of a man's hand with the ring on a dog's fur would look appealing! Or else, you could use one of local "exotic" animals.

Thanks for the suggestions. Oh no, my dog isn't manly enough - poor Fefe!! - just kidding. Apart from the bat we have no indigenous mammaIs which leaves birds lizards and insects.... hmmmm. I thought a hand shot on elephant, rhino or other rough skinned animal might be suitable but it would take some time to set up, hand shot on snarling carnivore; lion, tiger etc; on the other hand :naughty: I'll stick with Arjuna's suggestion of local scenery. In case anyone thinks I'm in need of therapy, I'm really not concerned whether my photo's look manly enough

Klewis, I am a psychiatrist! By default I am a strong advocate of therapy for everyone - otherwise how we'll make our money? :D :loopy: But I am seriously thinking of starting "gemotherapy" or "chromotherapy", I think it will attract many clients! (Just a joke, of course).
You just mentioned a "man-in ring" - I translated it as "manly" ring, I just read too fast and do not always get into what I read - sometimes it is an asset, sometimes a huge problem.

I hope I did not offend you by my suggestion! I have to be serious during the day, so in my spare time, I joke too much. I do not think everyone understands my jokes, I'll try to be more serious.

I admit, I thought your post was serious :oops: but you didn't offend me at all Crasru so please don't be more serious. There are many who would say I would benefit from therapy. Speaking of Chromotherapy, I know of a painter (he died recently) who had devoted his life to "understand" colour from a 2D, painters perspective He was one of the most amazing men I have ever met. His wife, a sculptor, wanted to become his pupil to which he agreed and he had her paint only in shades of yellow for a whole year. That is true! I spent 6 weeks in his studio as a short term student. Now that's chromotherapy, or possibly torture?

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
sleepyspinel said:
That is one exceptionally fine ring you have there Klewis! Nice proportions, the stone looks substantial without overpowering the setting nor hand, I am sure the brilliance of the precision cut and the high quality material help to kick up its prescence. Congrats and I hope you have many more future projects to share with us :)

Thank you Sleepy - I too hope to have new projects to share. :naughty: Have you made any decisions about your spessartite project?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results