shape
carat
color
clarity

Advise needed on theses 4 Asschers in video

Klacka

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I'm getting my men's wedding band done up and need to decide between these 4 Asschers.

One of them will be set in a platinum band and will sit fairly flush, so only the top will be seen.

I'm looking for the most sparkle, life etc, but being no expert I find it hard to decidw between the 4.

I would love anyone's input on this as I need to make a decision pretty soon.

Thanks so much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NmazllH8M8&feature=youtu.be

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like 3 and 4, but an partial to the cut/shape of #4!
However #3 does appear to be the best all around performer.
Personally I would go with 4, but it is a matter of asscher personal "flavor".

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I saw..

With 1 and 2 I kept picking up a large inner square (I think that might be the P3 that Karl is always talking about). These large
inner squares are not reflecting light (not turning on/off). So, that eliminates 1 and 2 for me.

Number 3...I dont like this one but so hard to put my finger on the reason why. I think I'm just not liking it's personality. I have
a feeling that a lot of the steps are all "on" at the same time...which means they are also all "off" at the same time. I dont like
this look in a step cut. If you look hard, you can see the whole side light up at one time. Also it looks like you are not getting
a continuous square of facets when going from the side to the top/bottom of the stone. They are interrupted when going from
the windmill to the top facets that run E/W. This may not bother you...obviously bothers my symmetry OCD. :oops:

Which leads me to number 4. Number 4 kept winking at me :lol: . I think it likes me! :cheeky: Seriously, love the look of this one. It
also looked like it was putting off more fire to me. The steps were lighting up independently so some facet was always "on".
Steps are fairly similar in size (there goes that symmetry thing again)...just a real nice looking stone IMO.

Basically, all the stones are probably well above average asschers but you are down to the nick-picky decision making part
and the above is my "nick-picking". What bothers you may be totally different then what bothers me...Good luck!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Klacka

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks for all your input, it's really appreciated.

I was torn between 3 and 4, I really wanted to like 4 (probably because it was a little larger), but thought that 3 had more life going on.

I mainly thought that due to the steps 'being all on at the same time'.
But as tyty333 rightly points out, that also means that they're all off at the same time.
So I guess 4 is more consistent, which works well with me wanting to like it.

I will have a look at them again after a good nights sleep and hopefully make a decision.

For the record, these are the specs:

.64 E VVS2
.84 E VS2
.94 I VVS2
1.05 I VS1

I'm not concerned about the color E vs. I, but is the VS1 something to worry about?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries with VS1; VS1 means inclusions are difficult to see with a 10x loupe.

#4 looks best to me. Do you have the ASET image for it?

Klacka

Rough_Rock

14355_aset.jpg

14355_ltsc.jpg

14355_pic1.jpg

14355_clarity1.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post the link/images for #3?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still like #4 the best. I think the outer shape and size of the windmills are the most attractive. ASET is good, not perfect, but perfect is hard to find.

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Klacka|1463046902|4030633 said:
Hello,

I'm getting my men's wedding band done up and need to decide between these 4 Asschers.

One of them will be set in a platinum band and will sit fairly flush, so only the top will be seen.

I'm looking for the most sparkle, life etc,
but being no expert I find it hard to decidw between the 4.

I would love anyone's input on this as I need to make a decision pretty soon.

Thanks so much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NmazllH8M8&feature=youtu.be

Hey mate - just to throw a spanner into things...sorry ;-) ...but are you sure an asscher is the best shape for a stone that's going into a mens wedding band that "will sit fairly flush"? (assuming it's a rub-over setting?) - Asschers are a beautiful stone, but they're not necessarily the most 'sparkly'...especially if covered in metal so that "only the top will be seen" as a lot of light won't necessarily be getting to the stone.
Just want to make sure you've considered this
Good luck

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results