shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice Please - Princess cut purchase

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most are but since they do not have a fixed faceting pattern like CraftedbyInfinity or BGD princess, some are not to my taste.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
plasma800|1304117222|2908264 said:
Would you say that any ACA is a"very nice"?

since you are going in person, you can pick the one your eyes like the best as far as patterning. All of them are very well cut as far as princesses go, nothing to worry about there.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:

Looking forward to pics!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! looks like a very nice princess but so glad you were able to judge with your own eyes!

plasma800

Rough_Rock
I'll get some photos after the unveiling! My mom has seen it and THAT's ALL! I don't want anyone else to see the finished product until it's on her hand.

I can tell you that the experience at whiteflash was very nice. Their office is almost nondescript from the outside. The inside is simple and covered with beautiful photography of their jewelry. They gave me the whole tour and introduced me to all of their onsite photographers, showed me their photo room, shipping dept, where they actually make the jewelry.

Everything was prepared when I arrived and it was down to business and everyone is super nice and super knowledgeable. No smoke and mirrors, no bs, very straightforward. It was a good experience.

To anyone thinking of buying from them online, I would in a heartbeat. There would be no hesitation.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh, this is for your mom? what a nice present :)

plasma800

Rough_Rock
haha very funny. I'm just now trying to figure out what to do next!

Sweetheart I think see's it coming, I need to have a quick conversation with her father and then feel my way through the rest. But that's a whole other story.

Just so happened my mom was with me when I picked it up. ;))

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
ASET looks great, as does the close-up photo. I really like the faceting pattern...reminds me of my own ACA. There is a bit more green around the edges than some of the other ideal princess ASETs I've seen, but that's a very small difference, and unlikely to be apparent to the eye. This is a top-notch princess cut any way you shake it. What about it aren't you satisfied with...the stone, setting workmanship, or both? I would talk to WF within the return period if you aren't 100% happy.

plasma800

Rough_Rock
To me, the table is super wide and at some angles and straight top down it looks what I would describe as "a little milky" ..

at other angles it's fire fire fire.

I'm probably just being fanatical, it's really very very very pretty!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
plasma800|1305058882|2917676 said:
To me, the table is super wide and at some angles and straight top down it looks what I would describe as "a little milky" ..

It really does look very nice from the numbers and pics. Princesses usually have larger tables than rounds so that's not surprising - and the high crown angle ensures some crown height. I imagine from proportions and faceting patterning that it's a very bright stone.

There's no reason it should be "milky" from the numbers/clarity/pics. Are you sure the stone is clean - free of dust and grease? If you've picked it up with your hands at any point, or put it on something even a little bit dirty, diamonds are oil magnets and even if the crown is clean a dirty pavilion can wreak havoc on appearance. Otherwise I'd recommend comparing it again to other princesses, see if this is unique to your stone or just characteristic of diamonds.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
plasma800|1305058882|2917676 said:

did you compare it to some princess cuts with smaller tables? honestly I think it looks like a really nice princess cut, but if you are not sure maybe go look again at some other ones to see what you like best?

example of one with a smaller table
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2623353.htm

plasma800

Rough_Rock
That' a great way to describe it! If you could imagine rubbing a a dirty finger on the table and then looking directly down onto it... makes you wanna wipe it off.

It's really very very very nice!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
plasma800|1305121572|2918427 said:
That' a great way to describe it! If you could imagine rubbing a a dirty finger on the table and then looking directly down onto it... makes you wanna wipe it off.

It's really very very very nice!

oh, well I think that will happen with ANY diamond :)

plasma800

Rough_Rock
UPDATE!

I did the popping last night. That went very well.

I realized very quickly that once you have the diamond out of the box and onto a finger, it completely changes!

It is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in a diamond,EVER! Thank you Whiteflash!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh, that is great news! congratulations and please post lots of pics in SMTB!

plasma800

Rough_Rock
Whiteflash_19972_050511a.jpg

Here is whiteflashes image of the ring but it no where near does this thing justice. Ill try to get some of my own

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Looks awesome. You can't go wrong with a classic solitaire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results