shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, the ASET is resting on the lightbox, and the stone is sitting in a hole? How is the alignment of the bottom of the ASET? Is it below the girdle, at the girdle-plane or at the table-plane?

Same questions for the ideal-scope.

This photography is not easy, and especially in the ASET, a small detail might show a stone dramatically different. I see other vendors struggling with the same issue. Only, your ASET-pic seems to come out worse, while theirs seems to come out better than reality.

Just trying to help.

Live long,

tallchickbarbara

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 10:04:37 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
So, the ASET is resting on the lightbox, and the stone is sitting in a hole? How is the alignment of the bottom of the ASET? Is it below the girdle, at the girdle-plane or at the table-plane?

Same questions for the ideal-scope.

This photography is not easy, and especially in the ASET, a small detail might show a stone dramatically different. I see other vendors struggling with the same issue. Only, your ASET-pic seems to come out worse, while theirs seems to come out better than reality.

Just trying to help.

Live long,
Hi Paul,

I truly appreciate the suggestions and help. There are several threads on this forum showing other light performance pics taken by us that will show that those are being done accurately and have resulted in positive feedback by both posters and consumers alike. The obvious issue here is trying to take a picture through a handheld ASET in what is, I''m sure, the wrong light when technically the AGS''s website itself states that a handheld will not be as accurate as its counterparts, which again (and I feel like I repeating myself at this point, so please forgive me) is why we don''t advertise that we offer them. This was done at the customer''s request though we did thoroughly explain that it would not be 100%.

Thanks again guys. What about the video or additional images other than the ASET? Any feedback on how those are done?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think there might be something off in your camera setup.

This set of images is from bongolover's thread. And AGS0 stone but from the images and IS looks like there is obstruction issue. There is another thread with a UD stone that looks like it has obstruction issue too and with this thread I am starting to think it may be the set up.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-t-minus-20-days.124298/page-2

1.8%20H%20VS2%20.6%20HCA%20Union.jpg

AGS%201.8%20Union.jpg

EDT:
Found the other thread, coloradorocky's thread.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-pick-between-these-2-stones.125495/

18FVS2PIC4.jpg

18gia.jpg

tallchickbarbara

Shiny_Rock
Hi Stone...

I''m still training my crew on taking the images since this is still a new realm for all of us. You''re right on both counts and both ColoradoRocky and Bongolover were sent updated images shortly after these were posted.

There are alternate posts as well without what appears to be obstruction issues.

My apologies to MrJones for a hijack of his thread!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
first one has obstruction issues in all the pics and is within the sarin numbers to have it.

The second is ok as far as obstruction goes.

edit: in reference to the pictures Stone-cold1 posted.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2009 10:49:41 AM
Author: strmrdr
first one has obstruction issues in all the pics and is within the sarin numbers to have it.

The second is ok as far as obstruction goes.

edit: in reference to the pictures Stone-cold1 posted.
Ditto. But kudos to you Barbara for the images, it is very helpful and appreciated that UD are offering them!

mrjonesandme

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 10:48:43 AM
Author: BarbaraP
Hi Stone...

I''m still training my crew on taking the images since this is still a new realm for all of us. You''re right on both counts and both ColoradoRocky and Bongolover were sent updated images shortly after these were posted.

There are alternate posts as well without what appears to be obstruction issues.

No worries, anything that helps the experts give me advice on what diamond is best.

Anybody have advice after seeing the 2 extra pics and the video?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 8:48:16 PM
Author: mrjonesandme
Date: 9/22/2009 10:48:43 AM

Author: BarbaraP

Hi Stone...

I'm still training my crew on taking the images since this is still a new realm for all of us. You're right on both counts and both ColoradoRocky and Bongolover were sent updated images shortly after these were posted.

No worries, anything that helps the experts give me advice on what diamond is best.

Anybody have advice after seeing the 2 extra pics and the video?
This is one of those diamonds that the regular pics look decent the video looks good but the technical pictures look not so hot.
What I would recommend is call and talk the diamond over with someone while they are looking at it.
These are tough to make a call on.
They do have a 30 day return policy also.
Are you going to view it unmounted or have it set right away?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results