shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on these two Aquamarines

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
F6B4FF4E-605D-4A2F-A75A-501CCEA2F402.jpeg 58EBB432-1FFF-4741-AFFF-84E713F28BD0.jpeg An aquamarine was on my list for over 15 years! I finally “scored” one. It’s my preferred green / blue colour, it has a window that I don’t mind. Smaller gems need a stronger colour for it to be noticeable. But this one is a big stone, probably 40ct and very deep.

Holy cow! That ring is out of control gorgeous.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know if there is any literature on aquas?

GIA has this intro:

https://www.gia.edu/aquamarine

& a search through the major journals should yield more reading on beryls.

random: not many years ago GIA has acquired a stupendous private collection of world class faceted samples - including a staggering array of beryls incl. aquamarine; that has been - allegedly - getting published online ('lost track of the link - will followup if called for).

I tend to follow the minerals market as much as anything - it gives a better (relatively speaking) idea of the range of natural colours & posibilities...

DLee

Rough_Rock
GIA has this intro:

https://www.gia.edu/aquamarine

& a search through the major journals should yield more reading on beryls.

random: not many years ago GIA has acquired a stupendous private collection of world class faceted samples - including a staggering array of beryls incl. aquamarine; that has been - allegedly - getting published online ('lost track of the link - will followup if called for).

I tend to follow the minerals market as much as anything - it gives a better (relatively speaking) idea of the range of natural colours & posibilities...

Thx AV. Must learn more before my next aqua purchase.=)2

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Must learn more before my next aqua purchase.

Dunno... Not sure what is worth learning...

I have enjoyed finding out that subtle light colours are possible in reasonably clean larger crystals... Emerald is such an exception! - in that relatively darker tones of saturated colour are more often possible, enough to get famous by simple rules. The other colours are so rarely on par, that they do not distract much from appreciating the natural possibilities ('mine run').

I am nowhere done learning: there is always new material & it is all worth seeing...

GIA - or anyone esle - would run themselves into the groud reporting such details of finds! Same goes for the task of reading it all. Sometimes they do reports from 'field trips'. etc.

I tend to play this game - of finding out what I find beautiful faced with the pile. (the flull range of blue-green, cats' eye versions thereof, and some astonishing - crystals)

(rambling early in the morning!)

@MJO

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results