shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on plain bands/spacers

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking at plain metal bands, gold and platinum, for spacers and just to mix up my stack. What is your preference for width? 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm? Or is it just personal preference?

I am keeping an eye on ebay, etsy, DB and TL. Any other recommendations? I like the worn look but I'm sure I'll bang up whatever I choose

TIA

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on the other bands you will stack with, but I would think if you are stacking a number of them together you would want to keep them narrow. With that said, if you want them to be able to do double-duty and be able to wear them individually on their own, you might not want to go super narrow.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on the others you’ll be stacking with. It looks best usually to keep similar sizes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO 2mm is the best b/c not too thick or too thin.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think for a spacer..a knife edge will protect rings from rubbing against each other and causing damage. For a plain band I like 2mm. I also like when the heights are the same but don’t care if the widths are different. That’s all personal preference.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all. I didn't even think about height. This is my current set in profile (band is getting some bezel love
20190913_164133.jpg

2mm seems easier to find but so few pre-owned sites reference height.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like a wider band ...just because i like a wider band
don't mind me :whistle:
beautiful ring :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My personal preference is 2mm, and I always have worm a spacer... anything smaller seems like wearing a keyring to me, or a piece of wire.
Me too..I had 1mm and 1.5mm ones from Etsy...They kept slipping under my ring and felt like wire. My daughter-in-law has them now..:lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my new BN knife edge spacer. My eternity band chews everything so hoping this helps to protect My rings..I was never a knife edge band fan but this definitely works..and is not bad.
70E49765-3237-499C-A08C-B93AD0109486.jpeg

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
This is my new BN knife edge spacer. My eternity band chews everything so hoping this helps to protect My rings..I was never a knife edge band fan but this definitely works..and is not bad.
70E49765-3237-499C-A08C-B93AD0109486.jpeg
That is lovely. I hadn't even considered knife edged.

@Mamabean I can see the slipping happening, just trying to decide if it matters, part of me likes the idea of it staying hidden and keeping my band upright

I should mention that band went back and they are trying to lower the stones and wrap them in a squarish bezel sorta or octagon I guess. If course after I ordered that I found a few PSers bands i liked so much better

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results