shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on looking for a purple sapphire..

voce

Ideal_Rock

purplelover31

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice guys! I like the color but I don't want it to be too dark in my ring. How can you tell that it has a lot of inclusions? I didn't see much.

That color is nice voce but I agree its a little too small and the large inclusion is a turn off. Thanks for looking!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gem shrinkage syndrome is real! how about a large gem for your hard earned money? This purple/blue sapphire popped up on Loupe Troop. https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones/ceylon-sapphire-3-dot-3-ct-oval-shaped . If you like this ask if it has certification like an AGL? Does it have a window or tilt window? What kind and where are inclusions or color zoning located? Is it heated? What kind of color shift does it have in natural daylight versus indoor lighting? Ask for an additional picture on the back of the seller's hand so you will get a good idea of the color it will be against skin.

voce

Ideal_Rock
The one that princessandthepear linked looks to me like it has a window right in the center.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Last edited:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
How about this one from Carat Zone? You’ll have to ask for more photos, the cut doesn’t look perfect either but it’s a lot cheaper!

https://etsy.me/2o4UNtf

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Hivona shows a 1.19 ct blue-purple sapphire round for under $1,000.000 I believe this was what your original requirements were. The gem is sleepy though. It will not be as sparkly of a gem as some of the others she shows are, which is why it is below $1,000.00.
Have you thought of asking someone like Dana at Mastercuts is they could work with you and maybe source a gem for you?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D081CB3B-B8FE-4962-9F25-E0781236F8EE.jpeg 55D0FC75-CAA3-49AD-A2CA-A7A2A80E96B3.jpeg This one is 2.7 carats but it could be recut better.

purplelover31

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advice guys! I'm going to send a message to Mastercuts and see if its possible to source a stone from them.

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I'm still searching for a sapphire and was hoping to get an opinion on this stone.
https://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/1.56ct-ceylon-round-color-change-sapphire-u8899-/
It looks a little odd to me in the front but otherwise it looks okay, but I'm no expert.

It seems a little expensive for one in this size range, and the Natural Sapphire Company doesn't exactly have the best reputation around here. Seems like you could find a nice one for less money.

purplelover31

Rough_Rock
It seems a little expensive for one in this size range, and the Natural Sapphire Company doesn't exactly have the best reputation around here. Seems like you could find a nice one for less money.

Yes the price is a bit more than what I wanted to spend, but I'm set on a round stone and they seem difficult to find in this color unfortunately.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you see Rioux Rocks recent picture on Instagram? GORGEOUS! ADF2FA1F-EC00-40A0-9AD1-23C20CFD23C0.png
Josh is awesome and so are his stones! This one is luscious!:kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The last one you posted is not a sapphire, it's cz. And the other vendors are not trusted, and likely enhance photos. It's important to be really careful with vendors that are unknown, because many enhance photos or aren't honest about treatments and/or inclusions.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, didn't notice that. And I thought etsy are mostly trusted sellers. The first one is pretty though, I think.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, didn't notice that. And I thought etsy are mostly trusted sellers. The first one is pretty though, I think.
No, unfortunately Etsy is hit or miss. The first one is a nice color, but with the huge window will probably be lifeless in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results