carat
color
clarity

Advice on Caleb Meyer Setting

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I'm looking at a Caleb Meyer Setting for my 2.55 caret round white sapphire (from Simply Sapphires). I've had it since I was engaged (17 years ago) and we are finally getting it set. Does anyone have this ring or have a photos showing a side view? I'm trying to figure out if it will fit flush with my Etienne Perret Stardust inspired wedding ring. The band is a 4 mm half round gypsy set with 16, 2mm diamonds. The ring looks like it tapers from the bezel down, but I wonder if that is an optical illusion due to the v-shaped shoulder design? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

3821_c-291_.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously doubt a band will sit flush with that ring, but I would contact Caleb Meyer and ask if they have a profile shot of that ring and specifically ask about the band issue. It's a very pretty ring, though!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Have you spoken to Caleb Meyer about using your stone? The last I knew, they would set outside diamonds on a case by case basis and no outside gemstones. I hope that has changed. Good luck with your journey!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
From CM's website: Resetting of Colored Stones
Due to the inherent fragility and uncertain valuation of customer-supplied colored gemstones, we regret that we are unable to incorporate them into our settings. There are rare exceptions to this, and we are always willing to help our customers evaluate the gemstones in their family collections.

His father, James Meyer, doesn't accept them either. Sadly.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He used to accept outside stones but for the last couple of years to the best of my knowledge he hasn't, so you need to email and ask.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear. Now that folks have pointed that policy out on his website, I see what you mean. Darn. I guess I could commission a similar design with my local jeweler (Precious Metals, Sudbury, MA).

If the design does have an angle from top to bottom, I guess the only option would be to straighten it out. I love the design with only minor progs and very protecting of the stone, but I really want to be able to stack my rings without funny gaps. {My hands are large (size 10, I'm 6 feet tall and take after my linebacker father of 6'5"). So, nothing petite or delicate will work with me. I look like I'm the ugly step-sister trying to wear Cinderella's glass slipper. LOL :lol: [URL='/user#']/user#[/URL]}

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results