shape
carat
color
clarity

AD unable to order a Rolex Datejust??

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! So I've finally (I think) decided on the Rolex on I want to purchase (screenshot below for reference), but the AD who got my husband his Batman said that she can no longer place orders with Rolex? I visited a couple different ADs in the past few months and all of them indicated that it would be no problem to order whatever configuration of Datejust I want, so not sure if this is a new thing?? I know the professional models are hard to come by, but I didn't think it would be an issue to get a basic DJ!!

1629135316103.png

Tagging some of the watch/Rolex fans in case anyone else has insight on this! @Dancing Fire @Tonks @LLJsmom @diamondseeker2006

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! So I've finally (I think) decided on the Rolex on I want to purchase (screenshot below for reference), but the AD who got my husband his Batman said that she can no longer place orders with Rolex? I visited a couple different ADs in the past few months and all of them indicated that it would be no problem to order whatever configuration of Datejust I want, so not sure if this is a new thing?? I know the professional models are hard to come by, but I didn't think it would be an issue to get a basic DJ!!

1629135316103.png

Tagging some of the watch/Rolex fans in case anyone else has insight on this! @Dancing Fire @Tonks @LLJsmom @diamondseeker2006

Yup. Same here. Been asking for months. Half a year. It’s just gotten worse. The ADs know nothing. It’s worse than Hermes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Yup. Same here. Been asking for months. Half a year. It’s just gotten worse. The ADs know nothing. It’s worse than Hermes.

Man, so crazy!! This just doesn't make sense to me. If I'm going to spend that much money on a watch, I want to be able to pick which one I want, not just have to take whatever (very few) random pieces happen to be available at the moment!

Sigh. Well, good luck on your hunt! I'm going to keep trying...

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Strange, I thought this model would be easy to get hold of by an AD. Good luck with your search. My friend owns this identical watch in 31mm. Beautiful watch!

Yes, exactly! Not sure what is going on.

And thank you! I'm determined to get one eventually, guess it may just take longer than I was hoping. Oh well!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

1629135316103.png

Oh, I hate that for you! Rolex is just a mess at the moment, worse than ever. My AD has a whole new room for Rolex and literally nothing in the cases. Nada. It has never been this bad.

However, I am surprised by the scarcity of this model in particular. I would have thought 36 mm would be a ladies size and usually that is better by far. I haven’t tried to purchase a Datejust, but I was under the impression that they were one of the items you could actually place an order to receive. The sports watches have been the impossible to get items in the past few years but maybe it is the whole range now, which is ridiculous.

You might consider calling around to other ADs to see if they can help you. In the meantime, keep in contact with your AD and let them know you are serious.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
It looks to be available online, here, U.K. website,

Thank you so much for checking! I really appreciate it.

I may be doing the currency conversion wrong, but I think that one is $16,647 USD versus the retail price of $12k! :shock: Ack. I will keep up the hunt to see if I can get one through an AD - that difference is like a whole other diamond I could buy haha :D

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I hate that for you! Rolex is just a mess at the moment, worse than ever. My AD has a whole new room for Rolex and literally nothing in the cases. Nada. It has never been this bad.

However, I am surprised by the scarcity of this model in particular. I would have thought 36 mm would be a ladies size and usually that is better by far. I haven’t tried to purchase a Datejust, but I was under the impression that they were one of the items you could actually place an order to receive. The sports watches have been the impossible to get items in the past few years but maybe it is the whole range now, which is ridiculous.

You might consider calling around to other ADs to see if they can help you. In the meantime, keep in contact with your AD and let them know you are serious.

So crazy!! And I agree completely - I do think 36mm is technically considered a men's size, but either way, I was always under the impression that a basic Datejust, especially a two-tone Datejust, was not a big deal to get at all.

And good advice! I do feel a little bad about reaching out to other ADs, as I really want to get my watch with our current AD as a thank you for getting my husband the Batman (still no idea how we got so lucky). But if this is a sign of how bad availability is going to be going forward, then I guess I will just need to jump on the next chance I get. I wonder too if my current AD may have used up all their "orders" at the moment, or something like that.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Tonks and @SandyK and other Rolex people.
I just wanna vent for a second. I got my turquoise and I'm super happy with it, but it's still not my dream watch. I am straight up annoying myself at this point. I realized that I look at watches like I look at my jewelry, but it's also got to be super functional too. I am so picky.

I realized I don't like the brushed oyster bracelet. I like the jubilee bracelet a lot more. And I like the fluted bezel more too. I want shiny, cause I'm accustomed to shiny jewelry on my wrist. Ugh. A date is a MUST. That's another thing missing on the turquoise.

And I want a white or a mother of pearl face. I tried on the pink before, and it's not bright enough. I am glad I didn't order the mint green. I've been wearing my mom's silver yachtmaster, which is super pretty, but even with the silver face, I want a brighter dial. And I want diamond markers, which means no lume. I discovered I don't actually care that much about lume. I thought I did, but after wearing the OP for a while, I don't. All this being said, it doesn't matter because there is NO availability ANYWHERE. But maybe the silver lining is that since I was forced to wait, I am getting to know better what I actually like. When is supply going to go back up??? I've been looking for 6-8 months. Rolex, you are killing me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Went Rolex shopping with my friend--very little stock. It was a little shocking to see empty showcases!

cheers--Sharon

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
@Tonks and @SandyK and other Rolex people.
I just wanna vent for a second. I got my turquoise and I'm super happy with it, but it's still not my dream watch. I am straight up annoying myself at this point. I realized that I look at watches like I look at my jewelry, but it's also got to be super functional too. I am so picky.

I realized I don't like the brushed oyster bracelet. I like the jubilee bracelet a lot more. And I like the fluted bezel more too. I want shiny, cause I'm accustomed to shiny jewelry on my wrist. Ugh. A date is a MUST. That's another thing missing on the turquoise.

And I want a white or a mother of pearl face. I tried on the pink before, and it's not bright enough. I am glad I didn't order the mint green. I've been wearing my mom's silver yachtmaster, which is super pretty, but even with the silver face, I want a brighter dial. And I want diamond markers, which means no lume. I discovered I don't actually care that much about lume. I thought I did, but after wearing the OP for a while, I don't. All this being said, it doesn't matter because there is NO availability ANYWHERE. But maybe the silver lining is that since I was forced to wait, I am getting to know better what I actually like. When is supply going to go back up??? I've been looking for 6-8 months. Rolex, you are killing me.

Oh no!!! I am so sorry @LLJsmom !!

I definitely do not think you are being overly picky, and it is really hard to figure out exactly what you want when (1) there is NOTHING good to try on in the store, so you are basically just having to imagine it, and (2) even trying on a watch in the store is not the same thing as living with it on a daily basis.

So, while this is obviously super frustrating, I do think it is good insofar as it has helped you figure out what you truly want! I am 100% on the same page as you -- to me, the jubilee bracelet + fluted bezel combo makes it a watch that is also a gorgeous piece of jewelry, like a bracelet. So I think you would be looking for the one below, right? :kiss2::kiss2:

1629434988835.png

Do you like your current one enough to keep it? It is really popular, so I am sure you would have no trouble selling it if you just don't like it enough (I know that some ADs sell preowned Rolexes, not sure how yours is and what their policy is).

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

Went Rolex shopping with my friend--very little stock. It was a little shocking to see empty showcases!

cheers--Sharon

Seriously! I guess this business model must be working, but it is crazy to basically be begging Rolex to please take my money haha...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!!! I am so sorry @LLJsmom !!

I definitely do not think you are being overly picky, and it is really hard to figure out exactly what you want when (1) there is NOTHING good to try on in the store, so you are basically just having to imagine it, and (2) even trying on a watch in the store is not the same thing as living with it on a daily basis.

So, while this is obviously super frustrating, I do think it is good insofar as it has helped you figure out what you truly want! I am 100% on the same page as you -- to me, the jubilee bracelet + fluted bezel combo makes it a watch that is also a gorgeous piece of jewelry, like a bracelet. So I think you would be looking for the one below, right? :kiss2::kiss2:

1629434988835.png

Do you like your current one enough to keep it? It is really popular, so I am sure you would have no trouble selling it if you just don't like it enough (I know that some ADs sell preowned Rolexes, not sure how yours is and what their policy is).

My mom would kill me if I sold it. She’s after a green or yellow or red but will take mine readily. LOL! Yes. You’re right. Now I know better. Yes I would love the one you posted. I actually saw it a year ago and turned it down. Not a bright move.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously! I guess this business model must be working, but it is crazy to basically be begging Rolex to please take my money haha...

Its the truth!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon
Really strange since Rolex produces about 1 million watches per yr.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve given up. I’m gonna stop looking for the time being. They’ve completely discouraged me. Not even gonna hope.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve given up. I’m gonna stop looking for the time being. They’ve completely discouraged me. Not even gonna hope.

I know it sucks -- but I really think that the availability for Datejusts has to get better! I doubt the market for the professional models will get any better, but the DJ market can't stay like this forever. I will keep an eye out for you! We are doing a Vegas trip later this year and I'm hoping there will be more in stock just given the concentration of high-end stores...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it sucks -- but I really think that the availability for Datejusts has to get better! I doubt the market for the professional models will get any better, but the DJ market can't stay like this forever. I will keep an eye out for you! We are doing a Vegas trip later this year and I'm hoping there will be more in stock just given the concentration of high-end stores...

You're so sweet @SandyK . I'm burying my sorrows in VCA dreams. :lol: And Chanel (which is a pit deeper than Tartarus). I agree with you. DJ's should not be THAT hard to get. I am not willing to pay more than retail. I remember being in Vegas 5-6 years ago and the Rolex store at the Bellagio was chock full of Rolexes, as far as the eye could see. Those days are long gone. Maybe you will have better luck there and find one you like. Crossing fingers for you. But still in the big picture, FWP. :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Anyone here considering the secondary market?? Are Rolexes on the secondary market selling for more than retail?

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found a couple of Rolexes' for ya!!!!! (only 4 in the entire store!!!)

Rolex x 2.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you @canuk-gal !! I appreciate your keeping me in mind. I saw two today, and one was actually a MOP face in 31. I should buy a lotto ticket. But unfortunately, it did not have a fluted bezel and no jubilee bracelet. The fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet is a MUST have for me. Sigh... Gotta stay strong. Too expensive to compromise. I didn't try the secondary market because I don't trust that all the parts are Rolex, and because it's just a matter of supply. I am not ready to be gouged, just yet... But ask me again in a year. In the meantime, I am wearing a 26 in the exact model I want in a 31. I am lucky to have this in the meantime.

Attachments

• 2CFD73A8-0A33-481D-9F8A-1BCF5CDC49ED.jpeg
    2CFD73A8-0A33-481D-9F8A-1BCF5CDC49ED.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 17

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @canuk-gal !! I appreciate your keeping me in mind. I saw two today, and one was actually a MOP face in 31. I should buy a lotto ticket. But unfortunately, it did not have a fluted bezel and no jubilee bracelet. The fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet is a MUST have for me. Sigh... Gotta stay strong. Too expensive to compromise. I didn't try the secondary market because I don't trust that all the parts are Rolex, and because it's just a matter of supply. I am not ready to be gouged, just yet... But ask me again in a year. In the meantime, I am wearing a 26 in the exact model I want in a 31. I am lucky to have this in the meantime.

No probs. I knew this wasn't your yam, but I thought I 'd post them anyway! Never settle! Keep on keeping on!:bigsmile:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Found a couple of Rolexes' for ya!!!!! (only 4 in the entire store!!!)

Rolex x 2.jpg

Thanks so much for keeping an eye out!!

Like @LLJsmom I'm also hoping for a jubilee bracelet + fluted dial and would prefer to buy from an AD, but I always love seeing other Rolexes :D

My AD texted me the two pictures below in addition to a couple others, as they just got a shipment in as well. Hopefully this means production is catching up and more new pieces will be making their way to the showrooms....(I'll keep hoping anyway)

image-0 (1).jpg image-0.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
My #2 daughter have this exact watch sitting in her safety deposit box. The bracelet is still un-sized. She never wore it after her SO gifted to her 2.5 yrs ago. I told her to sell it if she doesn't wear it.

That watch is gorgeous -- such a shame not to wear it, ahhh! But yeah, agree that she should definitely sell it if she isn't going to wear it (although she should wear it!!)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SandyK Do you have a LT link/post to contact you directly/privately?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What is an AD?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results