carat
color
clarity

Acinom's sapphire??

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes :)
I'd love to say more, but realistically that's about it.
I'll take smaller, not fixated on size as much as mesmerizing color.

Dont for one second feel bad about your budget. Any budget for jewelry is awesome, and all of us have some $$ limit.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Born, is that a sapphire you are selling?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’s a current eBay listing for a vintage Cartier sapphire ring (Cartier set customer stones) that’d be a gamble what it looks like in real life, and unsure of what you would recoup out of the gold and other two stones?. And the stress and heresy of dismantling it. And getting a lab report as well. But maybe? That’s a gamble tho.
I’d want to be sure it had scintillation in certain lighting opposite of silky in other environments.

Last edited:

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
What about these two?

Heated, 1.66ct, Sri Lankan, USD725:

1583505078001.png \

Unheated, Sri Lankan, 1.1ct, USD775:

1583505163350.png

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lilith, I'm begonia :geek2:

Thank you for bringing these forward! They are beautiful, but I need help evaluating them. I know so little...can anyone help me see what I'm looking at??

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for bringing these forward! They are beautiful, but I need help evaluating them. I know so little...can anyone help me see what I'm looking at??

They are nice, but dont quite have the 'glow' that you are looking for IMHO

voce

Ideal_Rock
The unheated one @Lilith112 posted is closer to the intense glow. I'd think it may have a little glow, but you'd need to check the videos.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
If you eventually want to look for a stone like that, one vendor I would try is hi gems on IG. I know IG sellers can be hit or miss, but I had an excellent experience with my "jedi" spinel from him (or her).

Saw this one and thought of this thread.

Screenshot_20200303-084140_Instagram.jpg

I asked about this ring :) It's the owners ring and not for sale. Like the color and glow so asked for deets.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock

I'm glad you like! I uploaded the videos to Imgur over here if you want to look:
RE: glow, I think they look nice, but I can also ask the vendor for more pictures/videos if you'd like.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, but so much dark in that video in the stone. Is that what I’m seeing? Is that extinction...? Or is that normal for a stone being rotated on a finger under bright light...

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty, but so much dark in that video in the stone. Is that what I’m seeing? Is that extinction...? Or is that normal for a stone being rotated on a finger under bright light...

I think the first video is indoor lighting and the second one looks like outdoor? I don't think it's extinction in the center since color still shows up in the more brightly lit video.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
They are nice, but dont quite have the 'glow' that you are looking for IMHO

I agree. My heart isn’t going pitter patter. Thank you for confirming why. Still, pretty stones :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the video reveals extinction. Not much glow.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Lilith, didn’t you get a very nice blue sapphire last year?? I remember being entranced by it...are you willing to share specs and possibly price?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you voce. I need all the help I can get!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Double post.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Lilith, didn’t you get a very nice blue sapphire last year?? I remember being entranced by it...are you willing to share specs and possibly price?

Of course! Mine is 2.03ct, Madagascar, USD5700 in total :)

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
That has some nice qualities (color and yay cushion), but do I see some wicked inclusions? So hard to see cuz it's in motion...?

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whoa!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
That has some nice qualities (color and yay cushion), but do I see some wicked inclusions? So hard to see cuz it's in motion...?

To me, it looks like silk rutile which produces that glowy effect. Would you like videos/pictures in other lightings:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Does it seem a little dark? Should I see different light conditions you think?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
It is very beautiful in many ways!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results