shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your collection! I think each piece is just so gorgeous!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Superb! Clean lines (love) but fun with the surprise diamond. I've not been on the board for a bit as this hobby was getting too expensive and tempting. ;)) Who is BE?

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Your floret ring is stunning on you!

I am so excited about the iolite and opal- those blue/green colors are incredible, like the earth swirling around. And the inspiration ring is out of this world!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems said:
Look at your sea of blues and greens! Every piece is wonderful and I am looking forward to even more photos. :bigsmile:
Thank you Lovinggems :wavey: Blues and greens are my favourite colours. Will try to make better group pics when the weather improves.

lovedogs said:
LOVE your collection! I think each piece is just so gorgeous!
Aww, thank you for your kind words lovedogs!!

sonomacounty said:
Superb! Clean lines (love) but fun with the surprise diamond. I've not been on the board for a bit as this hobby was getting too expensive and tempting. ;)) Who is BE?
I can so relate to the expensive and tempting factor of this forum sonomacounty 8-)
The Amethyst ring is made by jeweller BE, which is short for Brilliantly Engaged.

apacherose said:
Wow! Your floret ring is stunning on you!

I am so excited about the iolite and opal- those blue/green colors are incredible, like the earth swirling around. And the inspiration ring is out of this world!
Thank you for your enthusiasm apacherose.
Still need to discuss designs with Alistair Kelsey so I hope he can create something similar for my opal. I am mesmerized by the engraving.

STONE UPDATE
I have decided that Alistair Kelsey will set my purple garnet from Jeff White. It has safely arrived in Australia and we are looking into designs.

_2015.jpeg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom - :wavey: I'm visiting you over here now! I don't know much about colored stones, but that purple garnet is AMAZING! Wow! Love your Alistair Kelsey rings. I had wondered whether you were in Australia. How did you find him? Apologies if this has been answered already in this thread. I am starting here and will need to set aside some time to read my way back!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1455567489|3991353 said:
Acinom - :wavey: I'm visiting you over here now! I don't know much about colored stones, but that purple garnet is AMAZING! Wow! Love your Alistair Kelsey rings. I had wondered whether you were in Australia. How did you find him? Apologies if this has been answered already in this thread. I am starting here and will need to set aside some time to read my way back!

Thank you for liking my purple garnet Loves Vintage :wavey:
I saw Alistair Kelsey's work here on Pricescope. He made 2 beautiful rings (for 2 natural blue topaz ovals, cut by Doug Menadue) for PSer Pyramid. I am actually located in Europe. Alistair is very easy to communicate with, so the distance is no problem at all.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I love your two new rings Acinom! And the opal and sunstone iliolite are gorgeous. I am excited about the update on your purple garnet. I am soooo in love with your stone and cannot wait to see how you will set it! Your collection is so fabulous and I love the pics of your beautiful blues and greens!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Exciting news about the garnet!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27 said:
I love your two new rings Acinom! And the opal and sunstone iliolite are gorgeous. I am excited about the update on your purple garnet. I am soooo in love with your stone and cannot wait to see how you will set it! Your collection is so fabulous and I love the pics of your beautiful blues and greens!!!

Thank you for your kind words picante :wavey:
I just posted the intended design for the purple garnet in the Alistair Kelsey thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-alistair-kelsey-collection.218921/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-alistair-kelsey-collection.218921/page-2[/URL]
It will be set in a simple solitaire design with oomph. The metal will be 18 kt white gold. I think it will make the stone shine. According to Alistair, the stone is quite mesmerizing.

apacherose said:
Exciting news about the garnet!!!!
Thank you apacherose!!! Alistair will finalise other projects first and will make a start with the purple garnet ring in the week after next week.

Some group shots:

_2033.jpeg

_2034.jpeg

_2035.jpeg

_2036.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous additions Acinom. :love: And as always I love love love your group shots. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words Missy :wavey:

My Sunstone Iolite has arrived in Australia as well. I love love love the colour play. There is also a scratch or surface reaching inclusion on the table, that has not been disclosed beforehand :evil: It is visible when light reflects off the surface of the facet. The colour play is good enough to mask it somewhat but still...
I have send Brad a mail about it with questions...
Could be that it is very hard to produce a flawless piece of these particular stones?

_36583.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meanwhile... I love these organic stacking rings by Dutch designer Nadine Kieft:

_36584.jpg

_36585.jpg

_36586.jpg

_36587.jpg

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, that stone is so beautiful! Sorry to hear about the scratch. :(( Excuse my lack of knowledge, but could that possibly be polished out?

If those stacking rings are your inspiration for this stone's setting, I cannot wait to see the final result! It sounds like it is going to be amazing. :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness, Acinom..your growing collection is too much for words so here are some :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :lickout:. I am just so enthralled by your family group shots. Excited about your new stones and update for the purple garnet. :appl: Thanks for the introduction to Nadine Kieft... going to check out her other pieces now. I hope everything works out with your sunstone iolite.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom,

My sunstone Iolite also has a similar marking on the surface, not on the table but on the side. I do not have a photo that shows the marking, and the stone is not with me anymore.

I just thought it is normal for this type of stone.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blushpeony|1457196693|4000217 said:
Oh my, that stone is so beautiful! Sorry to hear about the scratch. :(( Excuse my lack of knowledge, but could that possibly be polished out?

If those stacking rings are your inspiration for this stone's setting, I cannot wait to see the final result! It sounds like it is going to be amazing. :love:

Thank you blushpeony :wavey: Not sure whether a scratch like this can be polished out.
The stacking rings are a different project :lol: I love that look.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_|1457196984|4000220 said:
My goodness, Acinom..your growing collection is too much for words so here are some :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :lickout:. I am just so enthralled by your family group shots. Excited about your new stones and update for the purple garnet. :appl: Thanks for the introduction to Nadine Kieft... going to check out her other pieces now. I hope everything works out with your sunstone iolite.

Aww, thank you for your kind words lovesvintage :wavey:
Nadine Kieft is an acquaintance from Elsbeth from LSieraden who made a lot of my stackers.
I am glad I discovered Nadine's work :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1457200665|4000255 said:
Acinom,

My sunstone Iolite also has a similar marking on the surface, not on the table but on the side. I do not have a photo that shows the marking, and the stone is not with me anymore.

I just thought it is normal for this type of stone.

DK :))

Thank you for chiming in dk!!! This is very helpful since you have on of his stones.
I just received a message from Brad and he is super cool about it. If I want to I can send it back and he can look for another one. He wants his customers to be happy. He also says:
'I do NOT think it would represent any structural issue as the material is quite included (with the hematite) to begin with. The stones that could be cut were the very best of the material and, even then, there are these fractures and veils throughout.'

As I love the shape, size and colour splash, I think I will keep it.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Your new rings are gorgeous Acinom, I love your group shots!

It's a shame about the scratch on your iolite but the colour play is lovely. It reminds me of space.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your kind words Missy :wavey:

My Sunstone Iolite has arrived in Australia as well. I love love love the colour play. There is also a scratch or surface reaching inclusion on the table, that has not been disclosed beforehand :evil: It is visible when light reflects off the surface of the facet. The colour play is good enough to mask it somewhat but still...
I have send Brad a mail about it with questions...
Could be that it is very hard to produce a flawless piece of these particular stones?

_36583.jpg

I loved reading about all your creations! Its been awhile but any update on these projects?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results