shape
carat
color
clarity

Accident

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 9:46:07 PM
Author: hockeyguy

My baby woke up tonight. They took the tube out because she started to come around slowly and was resisting it a lot. She woke up shortly after. Was tired at first but seemed normal enough (was sick, and told me she had a little headache). She was weak. She''s embarrassed because she has done many rotations at this hospital so it kind of freaks her out that people have seen her so sick. She asked about my Dad so I know she remembers. Actually I''m home because she sent me home. She said I needed to take a nap because I looked tired. Everything moves right. Aside from the headache, she says she is seeing double and the doctor said there might have be some swelling of some part of her eyes which might indicate some increase in pressure. They will know more after the brain scan tomorrow.

We talked a bit, mostly about my Dad, because she wanted to know what happened when they met the doctor on Friday. She asked me if I had ordered her wedding band. Random???? The first thing I did when I got home was send an email to Pearlman''s ordering a wedding band. I don''t know if it''s what she wanted but I ordered one anyways.

And I told her I wrote on the forum for luck. She told me to tell everyone, thank you for the good thoughts, and she really is fine. I am starting to really believe in this good luck charm of hers. I am so relieved.

Thank God!!! So happy to hear that she is coming around! Positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic news!!!!!
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope she is awake and feeling better tonight!
36.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
HG, great to hear that Ally was awake and giving you some great advice (not searching the net). I really hope the surgery went well today. She is strong and I have a lot of faith in her and you!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Praying the surgery was a success. HUGS HG!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 8:08:49 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Me too. Hugs!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 9:01:30 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 12/16/2008 8:08:49 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Me too. Hugs!
Me too!
I''ve been keeping you and Ally in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
any news????

How did the surgery go??

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering how Alleycat''s doing! She was in my prayers again today!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Continuing prayers for Ally. Hope her surgery went well.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 11:54:50 PM
Author: Linda W

Ditto, please recover quickly and fully Ally! Will keep her in my prayers.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW !! didn''t see this thread til now. Sending a prayer for speedy recovery. hang in there HG everything will be alright.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 11:54:50 PM
Author: Linda W
I was thinking about her this morning. Hope everything went well.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
still thinking of you, ally and hockeyguy!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thoughts and prayers continue.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Prayers continue. Thanks for the updates HockeyGuy.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I keep checking back for updates--I hope the surgery went well and that she''s feeling better today.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 2:25:09 PM
Author: ladypirate
I keep checking back for updates--I hope the surgery went well and that she''s feeling better today.

ditto

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
me too. I hope that everything went great with it and she''ll be out of hospital soon!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 2:33:51 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 12/17/2008 2:25:09 PM
Author: ladypirate

ditto
Thritto.....hope she''s feeling better...

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
well no news is good news I am sure....
praying for a fast recovery...........

hockeyguy

Rough_Rock
All is good. Ally was nauseous all day yesterday after the operation so I stayed with her overnight. But is feeling well today. She has a normal room now. She is sending me to play hockey tonight
11.gif
. Kind of like that icon. She is still seeing double, but they weren''t expecting it to go away instantly. Still on meds for the meningitis, although they aren''t really sure if she had one. No fever or anything like that. Brain scan planned in a week unless she has new problems.

They have wireless net at the hospital. She asked me to bring her laptop next time. She''ll probably write to everyone as soon as she can.

There are some really good people on this site. We appreciate all of your thoughts.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad she''s feeling better HG. Have fun at Hockey tonight, it will be good for you!!
1.gif
Sending prayers her vision clears soon.

Thanks so much for the update!!!
1.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Im glad she is doing well!!! Thats great they moved her to a normal room now. Hopefully she can get some rest! Sending more healing dust her way!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
hockeyguy- you are a doll! for keeping us updated, and for staying by ally''s side all night! Sending you tons of healing vibes, ally! Enjoy being at the rink, hockeyguy. I''m sure it will be good to get rid of some of that stress!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Again thanks for the update!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear the good news!

hockeyguy

Rough_Rock
Random. But I recognize some of the names on the site because she talks about you.

Icekid: you''re an eye surgeon and you like the buffalo sabres

Kaleigh: You have a ring she calls the big blue whale because it comes from a store with blue boxes.

I really DO listen when she talks.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
That is such wonderful news! I''m so glad she''s doing and feeling better!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if this will be helpful to anyone, but I thought I would post it in case it was. It is a sort of précis of what has been happening to Ally in the past few days.

I''m just going to include a quotation from a previous posting to explain why Ally needed to have surgery. Hockeyguy posted this:

"The scan showed that there was still swelling (fluid?) in her brain. She is seeing double and the ophthalmologist said there was swelling in her optic disc. The neurosurgeon decided to go back for a second draining. They will be going through the same hole. She is scheduled to be the first case tomorrow morning. They said it should be very quick, and it would be a normal operation. She should wake up normally (like any other operation) unlike the first time. She''s ok though, and doesn''t seem to anxious about it, so I''m trying to stay positive."

So Ally needed to have the surgery discussed above. It was done on December 16. Hockeyguy posts about it below.

Date:
12/17/2008 4:28:02 PM
Author: hockeyguy

All is good. Ally was nauseous all day yesterday after the operation so I stayed with her overnight. But is feeling well today. She has a normal room now. She is sending me to play hockey tonight
11.gif
. Kind of like that icon. She is still seeing double, but they weren''t expecting it to go away instantly. Still on meds for the meningitis, although they aren''t really sure if she had one. No fever or anything like that. Brain scan planned in a week unless she has new problems.

They have wireless net at the hospital. She asked me to bring her laptop next time. She''ll probably write to everyone as soon as she can.

There are some really good people on this site. We appreciate all of your thoughts.

Deborah
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results