shape
carat
color
clarity

About to purchase WF ACA studs...need some input :)

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE them! They are so white and gorgeous and the perfect size...here are some pics...more to come. Thanks to everyone for helping me with input....i think any larger would probably look silly on my earlobes (let's hope it stays that way)... and the I color is beautiful. Technically I could probably go up to 7.2mm max...but that may even look too big. This 7mm size may be my earlobe limit...The diamonds face up almost exactly like my rhr, but also look great with all my warmer oec stones that are J-K. The ACAs i color doesnt overpower the other stones with whiteness, but is very complimentary . I May need to get different settings because these are not quite as low as I need to not droop...i can avoid droopage by making the backing really tight, but that is a bit uncomfortable ..so i may have to have to have DK make a setting without the donut and where the stones sit lower. But that's minor and I love the stones. Hopefully by tomorrow this time I still think the size is perfect lol. Last time it took me a day to decide I wanted bigger.
Here's some video:

20180901_171457.jpg 20180901_165321.jpg 20180901_171212.jpg 20180901_162943.jpg 20180901_162935.jpg

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous! :love: We are now diamond stud twins! I love this size, too! They are visible but not too big, either! You are lucky to have tiny ear lobes because these are about as big as you could go. If these are the 6 prong martinis, you just need a plastic disc to put on before the backs. Some people use jumbo backs, but the clear discs are pretty cheap and easy to try. Just not sure what will fit your lobes best.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous! :love: We are now diamond stud twins! I love this size, too! They are visible but not too big, either! You are lucky to have tiny ear lobes because these are about as big as you could go. If these are the 6 prong martinis, you just need a plastic disc to put on before the backs. Some people use jumbo backs, but the clear discs are pretty cheap and easy to try. Just not sure what will fit your lobes best.

Thank you! 7mm is a great daily size for sure. Not too big but so much substance without being overly blingy..I am actually wearing jumbo backs already and the plastic discs that I have worked about the same. What is hilarious is my lobes r so small that these pics are with the lobe extension/lift that the jumbo backs give and they only work if I make them so so tight lol. If i put them on to where i am comfortable, they droop. My lobes without jumbo backs are virtually nonexistent lol

PS what did you mean about a plastic disc to put on before the jumbo backs? I only have jumbo backs and then separate plastic disc backings with like a standard backing in the center...but I've never heard of a separate plastic disc that could go before the jumbos...so they can go in between lobe and jumbos? Like a pushup bra for my tiny earlobes hahah

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were given some like this (don't remember brand) a few years ago at a PS get together in Vegas. They seemed to work well. I really don't need them because my studs have a larger base which prevents them from tilting down, but they should help in general.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are just as gorgeous as I knew they would be!
yayy.gif
:appl:

And I would not go any bigger personally. You have small lobes. Anything else is going to be hanging off them, which I personally wouldn't care for. I think they are perfect as is. Wear them in good health. ::)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are perfect! Perfect size, nice white and blingy! I would not go bigger - you are blessed with small earlobes and this size just looks perfect on you! Congrats and wear them in health and happiness!!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are perfect! Perfect size, nice white and blingy! I would not go bigger - you are blessed with small earlobes and this size just looks perfect on you! Congrats and wear them in health and happiness!!!

Thank you MGR! Yeah, I completely agree about the size as I've been wearing them and staring at them lol. I have almost no room left on my lobes...and I love that these were the whitest diamond pair of the "I" color stones that were available. They are perfectly white to me and I'm thrilled with them. Thanks again for all your help! All of you were so helpful in the process, if it weren't for you, I'd have a "knot" that would be bugging me in my earrings lol

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are just as gorgeous as I knew they would be!
yayy.gif
:appl:

And I would not go any bigger personally. You have small lobes. Anything else is going to be hanging off them, which I personally wouldn't care for. I think they are perfect as is. Wear them in good health. ::)
Thank you so much!!!! I agree on the size as well, but it's really nice to hear confirmation from everyone else too!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use those plastic disks..They’re great because it’s an extra layer of protection from losing them besides making the stud stay upright.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE them! They are so white and gorgeous and the perfect size...here are some pics...more to come. Thanks to everyone for helping me with input....i think any larger would probably look silly on my earlobes (let's hope it stays that way)... and the I color is beautiful. Technically I could probably go up to 7.2mm max...but that may even look too big. This 7mm size may be my earlobe limit...The diamonds face up almost exactly like my rhr, but also look great with all my warmer oec stones that are J-K. The ACAs i color doesnt overpower the other stones with whiteness, but is very complimentary . I May need to get different settings because these are not quite as low as I need to not droop...i can avoid droopage by making the backing really tight, but that is a bit uncomfortable ..so i may have to have to have DK make a setting without the donut and where the stones sit lower. But that's minor and I love the stones. Hopefully by tomorrow this time I still think the size is perfect lol. Last time it took me a day to decide I wanted bigger.
Here's some video:

20180901_171457.jpg 20180901_165321.jpg 20180901_171212.jpg 20180901_162943.jpg 20180901_162935.jpg

They’re gorgeous and the perfect size for your ears!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got back from vacation--I agree with everyone that your ACA studs look gloriously white and perfect on your earlobes!:appl: Wear them in good health! :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you MGR! Yeah, I completely agree about the size as I've been wearing them and staring at them lol. I have almost no room left on my lobes...and I love that these were the whitest diamond pair of the "I" color stones that were available. They are perfectly white to me and I'm thrilled with them. Thanks again for all your help! All of you were so helpful in the process, if it weren't for you, I'd have a "knot" that would be bugging me in my earrings lol

So glad you love them - they are gorgeous!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I use those plastic disks..They’re great because it’s an extra layer of protection from losing them besides making the stud stay upright.
Can you send me a link for the ones that you use?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new studs look a-MAZ-ing! Perfect size for you - and I am SO jealous of your dainty earlobes!

Congratulations - you nailed this one!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new studs look a-MAZ-ing! Perfect size for you - and I am SO jealous of your dainty earlobes!

Congratulations - you nailed this one!

LOL thank you... I am soooo happy with these. Literally, if I could only have one pair of earrings, it would be these! My husband actually has no idea about White Flash nor does he know anything about diamonds, but when he saw them on my ears his comment was "Wow, those are really nice, they are a cut above all of your other earrings"...LOL I told him that this company actually brands their diamonds as "A cut above"..

And on the earlobes, thank you!...I actually wish my earlobes were a tiny bit bigger because I'd have more room to work with lol. Even with the jumbo backs on, I have maybe 1mm of lobe left peeking out under the daimond. Without jumbo backs, forget it, there would be nothing

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great effect--beautiful!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you send me a link for the ones that you use?

These are the ones I bought..Just type in those words into Amazon and it will come up. They take getting use to putting them on and off but you eventually get the hang of it. I love them.
6A15A40D-D964-4E8C-9DDC-479C6D98ABA2.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and seriously blingy! :love::love::love:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are the ones I bought..Just type in those words into Amazon and it will come up. They take getting use to putting them on and off but you eventually get the hang of it. I love them.
6A15A40D-D964-4E8C-9DDC-479C6D98ABA2.jpeg
Thank you!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! 7mm is a great daily size for sure. Not too big but so much substance without being overly blingy..I am actually wearing jumbo backs already and the plastic discs that I have worked about the same. What is hilarious is my lobes r so small that these pics are with the lobe extension/lift that the jumbo backs give and they only work if I make them so so tight lol. If i put them on to where i am comfortable, they droop. My lobes without jumbo backs are virtually nonexistent lol

PS what did you mean about a plastic disc to put on before the jumbo backs? I only have jumbo backs and then separate plastic disc backings with like a standard backing in the center...but I've never heard of a separate plastic disc that could go before the jumbos...so they can go in between lobe and jumbos? Like a pushup bra for my tiny earlobes hahah
You have teeny earlobes compared to mine..I sent you a picture of mine in another reply where you asked for a link. I’m pretty sure they come in a smaller disk. They’re very cheap so try the size I have and if they’re too big I’m pretty sure they have smaller disks. They’re great..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look great!:appl: I do not think you could go any bigger, I will be over here green with envy.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL thank you... I am soooo happy with these. Literally, if I could only have one pair of earrings, it would be these! My husband actually has no idea about White Flash nor does he know anything about diamonds, but when he saw them on my ears his comment was "Wow, those are really nice, they are a cut above all of your other earrings"...LOL I told him that this company actually brands their diamonds as "A cut above"..

And on the earlobes, thank you!...I actually wish my earlobes were a tiny bit bigger because I'd have more room to work with lol. Even with the jumbo backs on, I have maybe 1mm of lobe left peeking out under the daimond. Without jumbo backs, forget it, there would be nothing

How funny is that? I'm sure the folks at WF will get a kick out of it too!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would love to have your feminine earlobes! Mine are around 1.5 each and they have lots more room and appear smaller because my earlobes are generous.:roll2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should either add pictures to the show me your studs thread or start a new SMTB thread. This would be so helpful for others!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You should either add pictures to the show me your studs thread or start a new SMTB thread. This would be so helpful for others!
Great idea. I was wanting to do that too, but my phone memory is full and the apps I have to download my current pics aren't working...as soon as I can make some room for more pics and video, I'll definitely do that! I've been wanting to take some really nice pics that do that diamonds justice! the ones I posted were just quick ones that I snapped in a hurry.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ladies, I forgot to mention that my 2.6ctw I VS ACAs are currently being set into halo settings by David Klass. The White Flash 6 prong setting doesn't work for my earlobe shape wvwn with the nice jumbo back lol. I will post pics as soon as they are ready! Thanks again to everyone for all the help along the way in finding the right diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results