shape
carat
color
clarity

About to pull the trigger on a Pear...First timer

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
So I have learned so much from everyone here and although my budget does not allow me to purchase the "perfect" pear, I feel this pear may be the best one I can get. Let me know what you all think....

1.16 Carat, I color, SI1 (eye clean), No Flourescence, GIA 7226757331. 8.95 x 5.85 x 3.71 mm, Depth is 63.4%, Table is 58%......

_5735.jpeg

_38169.jpg

_38170.jpg

_38171.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the return policy?
I'd just get it home and see how you feel

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
Photos of same stone from Enchanted Diamonds

p116-09z59z254_0.jpg

p116-09z59z254_idl.jpg

p116-09z59z254.jpg

1111.png

Q

Queenie60

I agree with Neil - bring the stone home, check it out under different lighting. You have a free 30 day return period with free return shipping. Gives you time to evaluate in person. Good luck! Hope it works out for you. :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree.

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
I do not mind purchasing the stone and returning it, what I'm worried about is I would not know the difference between a great stone and an ugly one... I'm hoping you all can tell me from the photos, ASETs and video

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's about now that I'm expecting RockDiamond to post to reiterate his views that the light-performance grading system takes no account of beauty, and that we can't always rely on ASETscope and IdealScope images to decide what looks good or bad!

The scope images seem to indicate (to me, anyway) that it's leaky at each end but has good light return in the middle (where a black bow tie is usually seen, so it's good it doesn't have that :) ).

I quite like the facet pattern, personally speaking, so I would agree with the wise owls who have already posted - if you like the look of it in the pictures, review it at home and in all the lights you will see it in (taking extra care not to drop it when outside in the garden! :shock: ) and then make your decision on whether to keep it or return it.

I do understand your dilemma regarding 'How do I know if it's a good performer when I've not seen many??' as that's exactly the worries I had about ordering online, but I think rockdiamond would say that you can use your eyes to determine if it is beautiful to you and sparkles enough to make you happy, regardless of the scope images.

If you have a B&M locally with pears stocked, you can always take it in and say that you are still looking and want to compare because they might have better, and that will allow you to gain more experience in how the stone looks relative to others of the same shape.

Not sure that helps?? :???: lol

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
That does help. But still nervous... I guess that never goes away. I have attached more photos from the Enchanted Diamonds video

_1415.png

_1416.png

_1417.png

_1418.png

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the worry never really goes away until it's in your hands - at that point you will go 'wow, I love it' or 'well, it's ok...', or 'nope, this doesn't sing to me at all', and you will then know for definite if it's the stone for you.

The 'fear of the unknown' is what is the worry, I think, so the only way to remove that fear is to make the unknown a known, by getting the diamond in your hands :)

It is always good when others on the forum go "ooh, yes, amazing!!' etc to a stone - it definitely helps allay fears - but it is my understanding that pears are difficult to evaluate so 'face to face' might well be the best option, hence the evaluation period offered by the forum-recommended vendors is such a useful opportunity!

Does the vendor have an upgrade policy? As you mention, if you can't stretch to 'the perfect pear' right now, it is good if they offer a policy whereby this stone became a stepping stone to another one in the future, without a big hit to 'trade in' value.

If you were able to post your budget and desired specs, you may get some suggestions of alternative stones posted for your consideration :) (but be aware that lurkers can snipe stones if you're not quick to put them on hold!)

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Tduenas: no one here will disagree with Gypsy's opinion. Get this stone before you lose it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fulvia|1474160964|4077891 said:
Tduenas: no one here will disagree with Gypsy's opinion. Get this stone before you lose it.

So funny. People disagree with me all the time. Feel free. Seriously.

I do think that given the budget and spread that you wanted it is one of the nicest stones for you.

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
Bought it, Thanks gypsy. I will record video and post it on here hoping for your advice to keep or send back.

I seriously cannot thank you enough Gypsy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just make sure you post that beauty up here when you have the ring complete. Ring shots after proposal would be lovely as well!

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
I will be posting videos/photos of the loose diamond, the CAD's from David Klass, the completed ring, and proposal!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait!

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1474163245|4077906 said:
Fulvia|1474160964|4077891 said:

So funny. People disagree with me all the time. Feel free. Seriously.

I do think that given the budget and spread that you wanted it is one of the nicest stones for you.

What I meant is that your opinion seems in this instance to represent the consensus.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results