shape
carat
color
clarity

About $25,000 to spend on a round stone - can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s gorgeous...I love the setting and your stone wonderful...beautiful ring...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
"It''s tough to get an idea of how big the stone will look given these pictures, but given that it''s 2.525 carats I think she''ll be happy. "

I think she will.
2.gif
Beautiful!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 10:08:00 AM
Author: kipp
It''s actually going to be sooner rather than later (within 30 days), and there is a BIG surprise for her in addition to the proposal. I feel like I need to post under pseudonym in case she is watching since I don''t want to give the details away (she knows I''ve used the forums to get advice and I''m afraid she''s watching my every move in anticipation).

hmmm 2.5 cts is pretty darn "Big"
3.gif

she''s a lucky gal

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!!! What else can you say to THAT??? The setting turned out great, too! Please come back and post about the proposal and post some hand pics!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She''s gonna get that humongous, gorgeous ring AND a "BIG surprise"????? I want to be her!!! Lucky girl.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have drool coming out!!!!
3.gif

beautiful!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one gorgeous stone and I love the setting. YUMMO!!!
30.gif

kipp

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 1:11:12 PM
Author: KristyDarling
She''s gonna get that humongous, gorgeous ring AND a ''BIG surprise''????? I want to be her!!! Lucky girl.
Okay, I''ll spill the beans. I''m planning on proposing by having her come home from work early (at the insistence of her team at work), proposing to her right when she enters our apartment, having a glass of champagne, and then taking her away to Paris for a 4 day weekend (her bags will already be packed by me, and I will keep a checklist of everything I''ve included so that she''ll know whether she needs anything else added right before we leave). I sort of figured that blowing another couple of grand for flights and hotel was a drop in the bucket when you''re buying a $25,000 engagement ring.

I''ve already booked the tickets and hotel. I want to propose before we leave because if she knows we''re going away on a surprise trip, she knows I''ll be proposing and she''ll just be wondering "When When When" the entire time. Thus, I really want the trip to be the bonus. I''ve already gotten the days off for her from her boss. She said the only thing she wants to do when I propose is to go out for dinner somewhere (she said it doesn''t even have to be nice at all). So I sort of thought it would be neat to say, "Now that we''re engaged, I thought we''d go to dinner like you wanted to. There''s this cute place in the latin quarter that Sean [a mutual friend] was telling me about, and your bags are packed in the bedroom, you have two full days off, and we really need to get going if we''re going to make our flight, so down that Champagne or I''ll drink it for you."

Both of us absolutely love traveling together and dining together, and we''ve been all over the world (China, Egypt, Peru, etc.), and of all the cities we''ve been to, Paris is her favorite. So I figure the best combo is eating, drinking and being in here favorite foreign city.

She may have helped pick the stone and the setting, but I''m still surprising her with a relaxing weekend.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Kipp, that sounds awesome!
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Kipp...
The ring looks just perfect to me. Beautiful!

....and that ''bonus''????? WOW!!! I can''t think of anything more romantic!

Have a ball!
widget

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I swoon!!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow- who could ask for anything more?
travel, food and diamonds~ Bravo!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh la la!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Magnifique!

cheers--Sharon

:)

Brilliant_Rock
If she says ''no'', I am sure there are plenty of PSers would love to say "YES!" to that one!
31.gif
The trip to Paris is so thoughtful too!
36.gif
What a lucky woman she is!
emteeth.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Kipp: You''re a class act. Truly.

Good luck with the plans.
1.gif

blingblingsuzi

Rough_Rock
monsieur kipp, avoir un bon voyage! i love your story, your diamond and your setting. pls share some more romantic stories and pics from paris. who designs your classic ring?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are both going to have the trip of your lifetime! Enjoy Paris, enjoy eachother, and enjoy that huge rock! I wish you the best.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, Kipp!!! Just caught up on your story- that ring is FAB!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
What a lucky girl!! Enjoy your time in Paris, and can''t wait to see pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW how romantic! You are going to make her VERY, VERY happy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results