shape
carat
color
clarity

A Thread For Houses!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone''s homes are so beautiful!

I''m going to try to take some pictures of our house, let''s see if any of them turn out . . .

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2009 11:37:45 PM
Author: DandiAndi
The front entrance has an 11ft vaulted ceiling, perfect for this fabulous light fitting as a wedding gift from MIL!
9.gif
I LOOOOVE it.
this is so cool for lighting.

I love house eye candy~

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really difficult to take good pictures of my home! I''m impressed, everyone.

DH doesn''t want a picture of the front of our house on the Internet, but here''s some of our front landscaping. We''ve worked really hard all summer getting this done. The bit on the right isn''t all planted yet, and some of those plants are annuals we just put there for the meantime.
We just found the bench, I love it.

HavensFrontLandscaping.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a planter next to our front door, and a closeup of some of my etiquette-type books, just for fun.

All the patriotic decor is from our 4th of July party, I haven''t gotten around to taking it all down, yet.

HavensBooksFrontEntrance.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the foyer, and the reading nook, which is off to the left of the foyer when you first walk into our house. We have a wall of windows in the front, so it''s a great place to read.

HavensFoyerandReadingNook.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my hand-potted mug collection, and the hallway that it sits in. I love this hallway, the bathrooms and closets are on the left, and the bedrooms on the right. I had to fight DH to put that outdoor lighting fixture inside the house, but now he loves it, too.

HavensHallway.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are bits of the kitchen. I took both of these last fall, I cannot get a good picture right now.

I love our china buffet, it''s the Big Sur from Crate & Barrel, matches our dining room table.

HavensKitchen.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the dining room--the left is from the day we moved in, the right is from today.
We bought the table with the house, it was the last bit of negotiating that we did. I love it.

HavensDiningRoomThenandNow.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the center of our living room. We have a one-and-a-half chair to the right, and a gorgeous orange sofa to the left, which DH keeps covered up with a slipcover when we don''t have company over. I can''t get a good picture of the entire room, but I love our ottoman and ketubah.

HavensSittingRoom.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the opposite wall of the living room.
I promise I don''t normally have that patriotic ribbon up--I haven''t finished the last canvas so I decorated it for our 4th of July party. It will be done by the end of summer . . .

HavensLivingRoom.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's our full bath. I'm going to paint the cabinet and mirror frame white when I get around to it. I love the subway tiles, we didn't put them in, but I love them.

HavensMasterBath.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s our powder room. It isn''t as shocking yellow in real life, but we''re still planning on having it painted in a buttery yellow color.

HavensPowderRoomPS.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a shot of my favorite spot in our backyard, and the dining room table where I do all of my PS posting (and a lot of research for the school year in between posting.
2.gif
)

I have spent many hours in that lounger and those Adirondack chairs this summer. Ahhhh.

HavensFavoriteSummerSpots.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
And finally here are some shots of our backyard, which is where we spend most of our time right now, anyway.

I didn''t realize I took so many pictures, sorry! Our house is definitely a work in progress, but I love it so much. I didn''t take pictures of the bedrooms or my studio or the family room, but they''re pretty much your standard fare--beds, art stuff, television.
2.gif

This is such a fun thread. I''m always looking for new ideas for decorating, and we have a long way to go until we''ll be anywhere near finished with the house, so thanks to everyone who posted pictures, they''re great for inspiration!

HavensBackyard.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I am SO jealous. Great homes everyone!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Haven, your house is lovely. And I am still jealous of your post card canvas. One of these days I''m going to do my own.
1.gif

I love your backyard. It looks like a great place to hang out. You have this stuff that I lack at my house. It''s called grass.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
This thread is so fun to look through! I don't have a home yet, but I am getting plenty of great decorating ideas from all of your beautiful homes. Please keep posting!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
This thread is so fun! I need to add mine, but to be honest, we are thinking of moving in with my parents for a year or two, and saving another down payment to move to Philadelphia. We simply cannot afford California anymore...and with nearly 10% sales tax.....I am missing Philly more than ever....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 10:19:32 AM
Author: UCLABelle
This thread is so fun! I need to add mine, but to be honest, we are thinking of moving in with my parents for a year or two, and saving another down payment to move to Philadelphia. We simply cannot afford California anymore...and with nearly 10% sales tax.....I am missing Philly more than ever....
UCLABelle, I forgot...did you buy a condo here in Cal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results