shape
carat
color
clarity

A Thread For Houses!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''ll go look for GIMP-thanks for the tip LTP! Would be nice to not have to break out the magnifying glass to look at my pictures.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 3:58:27 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
That looks great, and I''m soooo jealous of your adorable porch!!!! So cute!!!
30.gif

Thanks so much Lauren!
9.gif
It''s a great place for a book and a glass of wine after dinner.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooookay maybe this is a bigger picture of the backyard

1100_0550.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! So, the stuff I babbled about the page before w/the little picture applies to the bigger one above!

This is another pic of the backyard.

1100_0551.jpg

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
I Have A Few More Pictures To Share Of Our House, Well Soon To Be Ours

IMG_6621.JPG

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
This Is The Other Side Of Our Kitchen, A Stainless Steel Refrigerator Will Go Next To The Counter

IMG_6627.JPG

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
This Picture Is Not As Clear But This Area Will Be Our Dinning. I Cant Wait To Get Our Beautiful Table In There

IMG_6655.JPG

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 9:10:23 AM
Author: I Love My Sailor
I Have A Few More Pictures To Share Of Our House, Well Soon To Be Ours
I love your floors. The tones are very warm. It looks like it''ll be a cozy house.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your floors too! What kind of wood is that?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 8:22:17 AM
Author: April20

Date: 6/24/2009 11:54:09 PM
Author: pennquaker09
April, I love the teal fireplace. Have you ever thought about painting the trim in a high gloss black?
Which trim are you talking about? I''m always looking for new ideas. The frame around the fireplace opening is the original, beat up, greenish soap stone. I''m thinking of covering it in glass, mini-brick tiles. Whatcha think?

The dining room, which is adjacent to the living room, is the same color. The living room only gets light from the bay window at the front of the house, so I did the walls a light color. I was trying to decide what to do with the fireplace and saw one teal in a design blog I follow. Everyone thought I was NUTS for painting it a color, but after my bathroom, it''s my favorite thing in the house.

Okay, this is a bold move, but the crown molding and the baseboards. Not everyday do I see a teal fireplace. That let me know you kind of think outside of the box and might be willing to try something else. The reason why I mentioned that is black and teal are very classic and in a lot of historical homes, you could find that combination. And you know what would make it even better? If you took the fireplace color and popped it on the ceiling. It would be divine.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 1:50:50 AM

Date: 6/25/2009 8:22:17 AM

Date: 6/24/2009 11:54:09 PM
April, I love the teal fireplace. Have you ever thought about painting the trim in a high gloss black?
Which trim are you talking about? I''m always looking for new ideas. The frame around the fireplace opening is the original, beat up, greenish soap stone. I''m thinking of covering it in glass, mini-brick tiles. Whatcha think?

The dining room, which is adjacent to the living room, is the same color. The living room only gets light from the bay window at the front of the house, so I did the walls a light color. I was trying to decide what to do with the fireplace and saw one teal in a design blog I follow. Everyone thought I was NUTS for painting it a color, but after my bathroom, it''s my favorite thing in the house.

Okay, this is a bold move, but the crown molding and the baseboards. Not everyday do I see a teal fireplace. That let me know you kind of think outside of the box and might be willing to try something else. The reason why I mentioned that is black and teal are very classic and in a lot of historical homes, you could find that combination. And you know what would make it even better? If you took the fireplace color and popped it on the ceiling. It would be divine.
Okay, here''s the deal. I really want to pop the fireplace color onto the bathroom ceiling. I did the hallway bathroom charcoal. I think a teal ceiling woud seal the deal. I don''t think I''m brave enough to do the ceiling in the living room teal. The room is kind of dark as it only gets natural light from one direction and the adjacent dining room has the teal color on the walls. I have to think about the black trim. I hear you on that, but I''m not sure DH would go for it (or if I''m truly brave enough
3.gif
)

Here''s a pic of the charcoal bathroom. I''ll pop in a pic of my dining room too.

DSC05024.JPG

April20

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my dining room. Same color as the fireplace.

DSC05034.JPG

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 7:12:53 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 6/24/2009 12:30:06 PM
I went outside and took a picture. It''s a beautiful, sunny day here, so perfect for that!

When we bought the house it was a rather boring shade of cream or light tan. I didn''t want that and I didn''t want to look like the other houses around me, five of which are differing shades of green. I''d picked up this particular paint swatch as a potential for my kitchen and never considered it for the exterior until a couple of my friends put the idea in my head. That was that and I LOVE this color. I will admit that the first time I pulled up after they started painted I freaked out a little bit. It looked better once all the trim was done. Not so bright.
April.. your house looks like a doll house. I love it love it love it!
Thank you! We are really pleased with how this house came out.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone has such exquisite taste!! Great photos!!
30.gif
30.gif

Loves Vintage, thankyou! The house will be 3 years old in August. Feels like we''ve been here forever!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
*bump*

I''d love to see more homes! I''ll post pictures of my own when I can manage to take some decent ones!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Everyone's homes look lovely!

We purchased our home in 2007 in Staten Island, NY, one of the five boroughs.

I have a ton of pictures, but none of them express the mayhem of my house better than this picture, my cat and dog resting on my family room couch. lol.....

ETA- notice how all the pillows are thrown on the floor? That was my then two year old's doing....

pictures from pink canon 1148.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m joining this late, but I love seeing all the gorgeous houses! We own a small condo in one state and we''re renting a smaller apt. in another state. Pictures aren''t worth sharing. Some day though...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 12:22:32 AM
Author: butterfly 17
Everyone''s homes look lovely!

We purchased our home in 2007 in Staten Island, NY, one of the five boroughs.

I have a ton of pictures, but none of them express the mayhem of my house better than this picture, my cat and dog resting on my family room couch. lol.....

ETA- notice how all the pillows are thrown on the floor? That was my then two year old''s doing....
Butterfly - your pillow decor style looks identical to mine!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, everyones gorgeous houses are putting my little apartment to shame!

We rent a 2 bedroom unit- it is a little small but its central to everything and only a few minutes from the beach. I still haven''t unpacked a few boxes from when we moved in so I just took photos around them
3.gif

This is our main living area (Plus Harlow with scary eyes)

CIMG3136.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
This is our dining area

CIMG3138.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
The kitchen

CIMG3129.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Our bedroom

CIMG3122.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Just to show how squishy it is
3.gif

CIMG3127.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Last one.. this is our balcony
1.gif

CIMG3114.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your place looks awesome Dannielle, so modern and cosy!

And big squishy tuddles to Harlow
9.gif

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
My husband and I currently live in an apartment but we really want something that''s our own. We have a beautiful apartment which we love but its time to invest for ourselves.

The house will look so much better once our we get that''s ugly furniture out and ours in I will post more and better shots when we close and move in, get some paintings up and liven up the place. BTW its a 2 bath not 3. but here is our apartment

IMG_7379.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results