shape
carat
color
clarity

A Sleek and Sunny Reset for my 2.85 ct F/VS2 Engagement Emerald Cut

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I asked Dan to make the culet visible. (this was a design element of my last setting that I really enjoyed)

09D39BD3-C6EB-44FB-866F-B8DBDDC65376.jpeg

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
That is uh-mazing!!! But you know we need more photos!! :mrgreen:
Thanks so much @yennyfire ! Trying to take more pics-but I think step cuts are more difficult to capture well?

Lovely emerald ring!!!!
@ZestfullyBling thank you! I think your beautiful resets rubbed off on me. Any new projects in the works?

Step cuts were my first love before finding old cuts too! (And I am actually back to a step cut myself right now - ha!) The new design is perfect for this beauty. The lines are perfect, and a great contrast to your old cut!

Thank you @lizzydm26 ! There is just something so mesmerizing about step cuts-right? I wonder if I would have made a different choice if I had known about old cuts when I got engaged...probably not. I really love them both!:D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

HOLY. MOLY. :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

cheers--Sharon

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I’ve been daydreaming of an emerald cut engagement ring for 34 years! And this modern rendition is spectacular! Saw it over on Instagram. New to diamonds and collecting. Can’t wait to learn all the best names to work with!
Thank you! And you are definitely in the right place. There is a wealth of knowledge on PS :)

I love both these rings!! So different from each other but so delicious!!

I’ve been contemplating buying myself an EC ring (daily wear, anything except for a solitaire as I don’t want it to look engagement-y but I also don’t want to wait for a man to buy myself a ring lol) and I just want to say upfront I am not a fan of three stone rings OR bezel rings.

And I yet have saved this ring of yours to my inspo folder anyway because it is gorgeous.

@AllAboardTheBlingTrain thank you-I'm really flattered that you like the design of my ringI I hope you do get an amazing emerald cut-maybe your mom's jeweler can even help you find an antique one! :kiss2:

Stunning!

Thanks @caolsen !

Last edited:
@AllAboardTheBlingTrain thank you-I'm really flattered that you like the design of my ringI I hope you do get an amazing emerald cut-maybe your mom's jewelry can even help you find an antique one! :kiss2:

I know you meant jeweler and not jewelry, but the funny part is, I was telling my mom recently that I had put an EC ring on my list, and she told me that for my next milestone birthday she will just give me her old EC cocktail ring that she doesn’t wear anymore, and if I want to get it reset then I can. So - free ring, and it actually is from my mom’s jewelry :lol: sorry for the digression!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I know you meant jeweler and not jewelry, but the funny part is, I was telling my mom recently that I had put an EC ring on my list, and she told me that for my next milestone birthday she will just give me her old EC cocktail ring that she doesn’t wear anymore, and if I want to get it reset then I can. So - free ring, and it actually is from my mom’s jewelry :lol: sorry for the digression!

Thanks for catching the typo!

Yay! Can’t wait to see your mom’s emerald cut ring!

Thanks for catching the typo!

Yay! Can’t wait to see your mom’s emerald cut ring!

It’s actually rather similar to your reset for your mother, I just realised! But a smaller stone. Her stone is in the range of about 2cts (generous gift, i know!!), but is also set in a baguette halo. I think I just really like your style :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
It’s actually rather similar to your reset for your mother, I just realised! But a smaller stone. Her stone is in the range of about 2cts (generous gift, i know!!), but is also set in a baguette halo. I think I just really like your style :kiss2:

Oh, I hope we get to see a pic when you get it! <3

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I love the sleek, architectural feel of the whole look! This ring projects confidence, power, and sophistication. Bravo!! :clap:
Thanks for your kind words @KristyDarling ! This setting was a definite departure for me-I'm just so happy that the finished ring embodies what I imagine in my head :geek2:

They look good together in a deco-vibe but they can each blend in with different styles when worn separately. Nice strategic wardrobe building.
@oncrutchesrightnow thank you! I hadn't thought about how the designs related before-but it makes sense-I guess I have a type...

HI:

HOLY. MOLY. :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

cheers--Sharon

Thank you @canuk-gal !

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t know how I missed this, it’s gorgeous!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much @yennyfire ! Trying to take more pics-but I think step cuts are more difficult to capture well?

@ZestfullyBling thank you! I think your beautiful resets rubbed off on me. Any new projects in the works?

Thank you @lizzydm26 ! There is just something so mesmerizing about step cuts-right? I wonder if I would have made a different choice if I had known about old cuts when I got engaged...probably not. I really love them both!:D

I know! Not sure I can ever give up the step cuts. Holy grail for me is an antique step cut with the culet and super chunky!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results