shape
carat
color
clarity

A shocking twist! Fanboy goes with Leon . . . and a halo!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the title of your thread. I have been lurking/reading your thread and thought this title is so cute! Can't wait to see the ring!

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
So glad you decided to go with Leon! He is a master jeweler and I think you will be very pleased with the final product. Don''t forget...you absolutely must post lots and lots of pictures - solos and handshots. Congratulations!!
36.gif

stacy

Shiny_Rock
I have no doubt that your ring will be amazing. Like everyone else, I can’t wait to see pics!

Not to hijack your thread, but I just wanted to share my experience with Leon on my ring so far.

My boyfriend is getting ready to move away to get his Ph.D. We’ve been together a long time (about 8 years) and have done the long distance thing before, but this time, he seems hellbent on getting me a ring. I am making him let me pay half just to be fair (I make more money than he does right now).

Our budget is relatively small--$3,000. Luckily, I prefer warm diamonds, preferably antique cuts. I had heard of Leon and seen his work, but I knew there was no way that I would be able to afford one of his pieces. I was playing around on his website the other day, and I saw some of his available rings. There was a .51 carat O color I OMC in a halo setting. And it is my size.

So, I contacted him to see if it is available and it is. The problem is that it will be next week before I can pay him.

He has answered all of my emails quickly and courteously, and he has been so incredibly nice to me over the phone, even though my payment for the ring will be delayed by a week or so. (I actually received a check yesterday for another ring I had sold and had hoped to send Leon the money for my ring this week, but my bank placed a 5-day hold on the check because of the amount, even though it’s from a respected business that uses a national bank—argh!!) For a really small deposit, he was cool enough to place the ring on hold for me.

My purchase is small by Leon standards, yet he has treated me like I am spending $100,000 on a ring, and he’s being very patient about the payment. He has taken the time to talk with me about the ring and stone, and his excitement about the piece is contagious.

My point is that if Leon is treating me like a queen and I’m spending less than $3k, you can look forward to wonderful, fast, courteous and professional treatment from him as well.

Your ring will be stunning, and it is being made by a super nice person (that adds to its value, in my book)!

Sorry this is so long…

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 1:47:56 PM
Author: stacy
There was a .51 carat O color I OMC in a halo setting. And it is my size.
Congrats Stacy! Many of us have been admiring that ring in the last few weeks & it''s great to know it''s going to a "good home"! PROMISE you''ll post more pictures of that treasure -- especially hand pix!!! when the deed is done!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stacy, congratulations on that OEC on LM''s site.
36.gif
Many pricescopers here have oogled that stone and I think Maisie almost bought it too, but being over the pond, and having Leon Mege having a "no return" policy on items under $10K made it too risky for her. It looks like a gorgeous stone in such an antique-y setting. I hope you''ll post more pictures of that lovely ring here soon.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This sounds fantastic and a great choice. I am so excited to see this final product; I am sure it will be magnificent. Halo is a smart choice I think - your ring will look huge. When will it be done?

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, chrono and decodelighted. Leon told me that someone from England almost purchased the ring. I still can''t believe that I found it, and that he is being nice enough to hold it back for me.

And I will definitely be posting pictures when I get it! Leon will be on vacation when I actually send in my payment, so it may be a few weeks before the ring is on my hand, but as soon as it is, you all will know!

Sorry for the slight hijack, Fanboy!

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 2:03:12 PM

Sorry for the slight hijack, Fanboy!
What are you talking about? I''m glad you''ve had a good experience with Leon so far. I just dropped off my stone and a deposit on the labor. Very exciting. I haven''t let this diamond out of my sight for a couple of months. It felt weird to let it go.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you are going with leon. His work is amazing and it sounds like the two of you clicked well. Please come back with many many pictures of the final product, I''m really anxious to see it. The halo is going to be lovely, and exceptional piece.

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 4:22:18 PM
Author: kcoursolle
The halo is going to be lovely, and exceptional piece.
I hope so. As they removed the diamond from the temporary setting, I suddenly felt like the stone was too small. I almost felt like taking it back to upgrade and spend less on the setting. The only thing that stopped me is knowing that it might be impossible to find a stone slightly larger than mine with similar color and clarity at this moment. Oh well. Hopefully, it will look bigger in the setting.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
A halo will definitely make the stone look larger!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 1:53:49 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 6/27/2007 1:47:56 PM

There was a .51 carat O color I OMC in a halo setting. And it is my size.

Congrats Stacy! Many of us have been admiring that ring in the last few weeks & it''s great to know it''s going to a ''good home''! PROMISE you''ll post more pictures of that treasure -- especially hand pix!!! when the deed is done!

ditto!! congrats stacy..yes, please, please, please come back with pictures. someone in England almost did purchase it, she posts here under the name maisie. I can''t wait for you to get it and tell us what you think. i think it''s a wonderful piece and you''re lucky to get it
1.gif

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Aww, you all are so nice! I am obsessive about this ring now, scared that it will somehow get away from me. I can''t stop staring at it on my computer. I guess it just hits ya when you find the ring that is THE ONE!

And don''t worry, once I get this baby, she will have her own thread!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fanboy,
Is your ring ready?

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
Not yet. A couple more weeks. The first week of August is the promised delivery time. In fact, Leon just had one of his assistants contact me a couple days ago with the price for the melee stones.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 5:41:33 PM
Author: fanboy
Not yet. A couple more weeks. The first week of August is the promised delivery time. In fact, Leon just had one of his assistants contact me a couple days ago with the price for the melee stones.

It will be here before ya know it!!!
36.gif
36.gif

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I''m pretty excited. I''m more nervous about the proposal though. I have yet to work out the details. All this ring planning has clouded my judgment. Leon and I have become fast phone buddies.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 5:49:14 PM
Yeah, I''m pretty excited. I''m more nervous about the proposal though. I have yet to work out the details. All this ring planning has clouded my judgment. Leon and I have become fast phone buddies.
Nice to hear he is good to work with! Care to share how you are popping the question?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon is perfectly fine to work with. I just talked to him this morning. He has a beauty I''m eyeing.
27.gif

Good luck, fanboy!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 6:02:43 PM
Author: Harriet
Leon is perfectly fine to work with. I just talked to him this morning. He has a beauty I''m eyeing.
27.gif

Good luck, fanboy!
how is that NOT surprising to me Harriet!
2.gif
3.gif

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
Actually, he''s been very friendly. Without being prompted to speak on the issue, he explained that some clients come off as impatient, unreasonable, or unfriendly in their communications and, thus, he feels more bothered by them. All I can say is that he''s been extremely patient and helpful--in stark contrast to my own beginning expectations. Now, let''s just hope the ring turns out alright.

I don''t think I''m ready to share details about the proposal. I may need to ask for help or advice later, but I''ve already shared so much about the ring, I feel like I should keep the proposal a bit more secret until it happens. I''m not sure of my rationale; maybe kharma?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 6:05:16 PM
Actually, he''s been very friendly. Without being prompted to speak on the issue, he explained that some clients come off as impatient, unreasonable, or unfriendly in their communications and, thus, he feels more bothered by them. All I can say is that he''s been extremely patient and helpful--in stark contrast to my own beginning expectations. Now, let''s just hope the ring turns out alright.

I don''t think I''m ready to share details about the proposal. I may need to ask for help or advice later, but I''ve already shared so much about the ring, I feel like I should keep the proposal a bit more secret until it happens. I''m not sure of my rationale; maybe kharma?
Makes complete sense! Very excited for you fanboy!

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
Harriet, on your visit, did you happen to catch a glimpse of a ~2ct Royal Asscher being set into a pave halo ring?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fanboy,
I can understand keeping such a wonderful moment-to-be to oneself.

Skip,
25.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
fanboy, I''m sure you''ll come up with the perfect proposal if you put even half the effort into it as you did the ring she is just going to be blown away by the whole experience...

so excited that you only have a couple of weeks to go....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 6:07:20 PM
Harriet, on your visit, did you happen to catch a glimpse of a ~2ct Royal Asscher being set into a pave halo ring?

oooooooohhhh, sounds lovely. I agree W/Mrs. Salvo
9.gif

Harriet
handbags.gif
hehehe

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 6:07:20 PM
Unfortunately, no.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 6:10:56 PM
Author: mrssalvo
fanboy, I''m sure you''ll come up with the perfect proposal if you put even half the effort into it as you did the ring she is just going to be blown away by the whole experience...

so excited that you only have a couple of weeks to go....
Oh ditto, you''ll come up with something perfect no doubts about that!!! I can''t wait to see this beauty!!!
36.gif

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
Damn.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are all looking forward to seeing your ring, fanboy! I think you made a great choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results