shape
carat
color
clarity

A sad day :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So I had put my bouquet flowers in between some paper and was pressing them in a book so I could have them to keep with my memory box...Today our cats somehow got ahold of the flowers and ripped them to shreds
7.gif
Feelin a little bummed out...

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy - I love ya, but honestly, if that is the worst thing that happens to you, consider yourself lucky.
Turn on CNN....
Sorry that happened but
33.gif

This is not meant to be mean. Just a gentle reminder to count your blessings. We all forget to do that sometimes. Me included.
35.gif

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, I would be devastated! I have thought about getting my bouquet recreated and then having it dried properly (apparently you can have them freeze dried or something) and then having a box made taht would hold the cake topper, knife, our cord for our handfasting ceremony and my bouquet. Maybe you could have that done to yours.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I know I am blessed. But I''m not gonna feel bad about losing something sentimental that I can''t get back.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smurfy ...
Respectfully, why not take a look back at your recent threads & think about how *often* you post asking for support or sympathy or dust or prayers. There''s a limit to what people can give. Are you asking for more than your share?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
wow, sorry i said anything at all, i wasn't asking for thoughts or prayers, i just thought if anyone would understand it might be other newlyweds, my bad i guess

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
that sucks.

how is your ballet teacher doing? have you heard anything yet?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
No I''ll probably hear later this morning, hopefully only good news

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 10:59:51 PM
Author: decodelighted
Smurfy ...

Respectfully, why not take a look back at your recent threads & think about how *often* you post asking for support or sympathy or dust or prayers. There''s a limit to what people can give. Are you asking for more than your share?

+1

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I''d be really bummed out - that stinks. Perhaps it''s just an opportunity to enjoy all of the other memories and sentimental items you have from your wedding!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
That stinks. I hope you have lots of pics of them.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 6:28:05 PM
Author: lucyandroger
That stinks. I hope you have lots of pics of them.

I have pictures of flowers coming out my ears :) I''m just WAY overly sentimental...when we moved to colorado DH practically had to beg me to throw away all this crap I didn''t even need lol. I''m sure eventually I''ll get over it, it just really stung at the time.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! I would be upset too! Are you going to keep the remains? LOL

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 7:34:20 PM
Author: JerseyGrl81

No I''ll them cremated :) lol JK JK
I had a friend offer to take the crumblies and put them into a bookmark or make a photo frame or something out of them so I may do that but they have mostly turned to dust
40.gif
I guess the cats really didn''t want those flowers around!

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 7:37:20 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved

Date: 1/27/2010 7:34:20 PM
Author: JerseyGrl81

No I''ll them cremated :) lol JK JK
I had a friend offer to take the crumblies and put them into a bookmark or make a photo frame or something out of them so I may do that but they have mostly turned to dust
40.gif
I guess the cats really didn''t want those flowers around!
That sounds like a great idea! You can put a picture of your bouquet in the frame.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 10:41:39 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Smurfy - I love ya, but honestly, if that is the worst thing that happens to you, consider yourself lucky.
Turn on CNN....
Sorry that happened but
33.gif

This is not meant to be mean. Just a gentle reminder to count your blessings. We all forget to do that sometimes. Me included.
35.gif
Amen.

I opened this thinking OMG, what happened, and was like are you kidding me??

Smurf, get a grip. Seriously.

You post every little thing that happens. May be huge to you, but when I read your posts, I scratch my head??

My example of a sad day??? My friend on PS had to put her dog to sleep due to massive cancer.
39.gif

I am not telling you how to feel, you feel how you do.

I get that and am sorry this happened to you...
5.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
My cats destroyed my engagement flowers too. I know the feeling.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m not saying it''s the worst possible thing that could happen; but it did happen and it made me sad. If you guys think I am being ridiculous, take a look at the pet peeve thread. Really does everyone need to be getting annoyed about these things when there are bigger things to be thinking about? Absolutely not. But we do. It''s part of the human condition. Just because there are major disasters and other terrible things happening does not mean my life IS perfect. It''s not. It''s far from it. I''m certainly allowed to feel sad about losing something sentimental. I''m over it now but at the time I wasn''t thinking "Oh man this sucks but it could be worse". I was thinking "This SUCKS! I was going to show all these things to my daughters if I have any or look at these things when I am older to reminisce".

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 10:44:42 AM
I''m not saying it''s the worst possible thing that could happen; but it did happen and it made me sad. If you guys think I am being ridiculous, take a look at the pet peeve thread. Really does everyone need to be getting annoyed about these things when there are bigger things to be thinking about? Absolutely not. But we do. It''s part of the human condition. Just because there are major disasters and other terrible things happening does not mean my life IS perfect. It''s not. It''s far from it. I''m certainly allowed to feel sad about losing something sentimental. I''m over it now but at the time I wasn''t thinking ''Oh man this sucks but it could be worse''. I was thinking ''This SUCKS! I was going to show all these things to my daughters if I have any or look at these things when I am older to reminisce''.
We understand its something to be bummed out about, smurfy. No one is arguing that.

I think the concern is coming in about starting a thread about it, and it happens often. The title seemed a bit dramatic for what the thread was actually about. I''ve seen happier thread titles from people who just lost a person or pet.

IMO, thread starting should be more than just about receiving constant support, people run out of things to say to you when you post your daily problems. Threads should be interesting and/or informative for the most part.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
People have reputations. I think some of us are trying to *kindly* tell you that you may be developing a reputation as a serial whiner. And instead of taking that in & seeing it for what it is -- you're being defensive & dramatic. "What about everyone else's petty concerns!?!!!" "What about my future unborn babies & their lack of future dead flower seeing!???!!" Its different because its an overwhelming, grating TREND in your particular case. I asked you to look back at your recent posts to see if you could SPOT that trend & understand how folks might feel that way. But I guess its more fun to get
29.gif
and footstomp and point fingers than to just quietly reflect on the validity and potential HELPFULNESS of the input.
7.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m not saying it''s the worst possible thing that could happen; but it did happen and it made me sad. If you guys think I am being ridiculous, take a look at the pet peeve thread. Really does everyone need to be getting annoyed about these things when there are bigger things to be thinking about? Absolutely not. But we do. It''s part of the human condition. Just because there are major disasters and other terrible things happening does not mean my life IS perfect. It''s not. It''s far from it. I''m certainly allowed to feel sad about losing something sentimental. I''m over it now but at the time I wasn''t thinking ''Oh man this sucks but it could be worse''. I was thinking ''This SUCKS! I was going to show all these things to my daughters if I have any or look at these things when I am older to reminisce''.
Well, if it makes you feel any better I had zero time to buy my DD her first Christmas ornament so I ordered one last week and when she''s old enough, I''ll tell her that this was her first Christmas ornament. She doesn''t have to know that I bought it on January 21
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

Of course you''re entitled to your feelings, you just don''t have to post about it every time something happens/bothers you. Talk to a IRL friend or your husband about it or get a therapist.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 11:10:08 AM
Author: fiery

Well, if it makes you feel any better I had zero time to buy my DD her first Christmas ornament so I ordered one last week and when she''s old enough, I''ll tell her that this was her first Christmas ornament. She doesn''t have to know that I bought it on January 21
9.gif
I waited until January to buy our first wedding ornament because I wanted to get it on sale. Lennox is expensive man!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy,

something bothered you, and you posted about it. Anyone who is annoyed by that, or doesn''t want to hear about it can find other things to do. It''s less your problem than theirs, even if you complain on a serial basis. (sorry, don''t follow your threads like that, so I have no idea)

That said, sorry about your flowers, that sucks. I''ve had pets ruin things that were much less significant, and it certainly is a frustrating and helpless feeling.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 11:18:10 AM
Author: trillionaire
Smurfy,

something bothered you, and you posted about it. Anyone who is annoyed by that, or doesn''t want to hear about it can find other things to do. It''s less your problem than theirs, even if you complain on a serial basis. (sorry, don''t follow your threads like that, so I have no idea)

That said, sorry about your flowers, that sucks. I''ve had pets ruin things that were much less significant, and it certainly is a frustrating and helpless feeling.
You''re right Trill, however like Deco said, she''s getting a reputation for that. If I were doing something consistently that was off-putting to the people around me, I''d want to know.

I''d hate for everyone to stop responding to her posts, and her not know why.

At least this way she understands the issue. I tried to present it as kindly as possible.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I like to read all your postings, be they happy, sad or asking for opinions. and I agree with trillionaire that if a person doesn''t have anything of value to add, they should just not reply.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just because some of you can''t see the value in a few of the postings here does not mean there ISN''T value there. Perhaps far GREATER value than "sorry Smurfy! that''s a real bummer
39.gif
".

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 11:22:30 AM
Author: noelwr
I like to read all your postings, be they happy, sad or asking for opinions. and I agree with trillionaire that if a person doesn''t have anything of value to add, they should just not reply.
Value is subjective.
1.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 11:20:11 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 1/28/2010 11:18:10 AM
Author: trillionaire
Smurfy,

You''re right Trill, however like Deco said, she''s getting a reputation for that. If I were doing something consistently that was off-putting to the people around me, I''d want to know.

I''d hate for everyone to stop responding to her posts, and her not know why.

At least this way she understands the issue. I tried to present it as kindly as possible.
Fair enough.

Smurfy, that''s your cue to post and cry about your dubious internet reputation on PS!
3.gif

I keed.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Now hold on here.

I''m not stomping my feet and freaking out here, just trying to explain why I posted in the first place and why I felt some people were implying that I shouldn''t be upset (or at least that is the way I took it).

If you really feel I complain too much I''ll stop. But personally I believe I post just as many positive posts if not more than negative posts. I''ll try to watch myself from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results