shape
carat
color
clarity

A Resplendent Ruby and Old Mine Cut Diamond Ring by Old Miner Jewelry/Sako

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Wow, such a commanding presence, I can't decide whether she is saying 'take me, take me' or 'bring it on', but as you said, she is certainly not shy. Beautiful.

Yes, not sure either but it's somewhere in that spectrum! It's not shy for certain! I can't say I have many delicate rings though. Elizabeth Taylor is right- big girls need big diamonds. :D

Spectacular. :love:
Completely worth the wait.
She is breathtaking @elizat. Wear her in good health and old world blingy joy.

Thank you for your sweet comments!

What a unique gorgeous ring. The color of those rubies is spectacular.

Thank you!

Wow! Just wow! Amazing! Love your patience too. Enjoy this beauty.

There were times I kind of forgot it was still in progress honestly, because I have had a lot of changes in the last 1.5 years in my personal life, but I am really glad she's done. Now to go through the rest of the ones pending and get some of those done! Thank you for your nice comments on the ring! =)2

elizat

Ideal_Rock
‘THE’ Gilda is beautiful and I’m jealous of her owner.
@elizat - you know this I’m sure - your gorgeous ring is built to last a lifetime or three of loving wear.
I don’t think that can be said of some reproductions that were built with the proportions to look like they already have that age.
Amazing skill, Sako and his Dad have.

Yep, agree on all fronts. This is built to last and wear well. We added a soft brush finish and patina to age it a bit, but this is a solid build, that will be around longer than I am! You are right- the skill set that they have is really unique and special. From the restorations they do, to custom, they are in a class of their own. I have worked with a good number of vendors and it's not really a secret that he's my go to favored vendor for restoration/tune up, conversion pieces and custom (and heck, loose stones too). :lol:

lolas_mommy

Rough_Rock
I missed this thread yesterday, but saw your ring on Alex's instagram page this morning and remembered seeing your new avatar last night. I am speechless! Absolutely gorgeous!!

rubyruby

Rough_Rock
Stunning!! Amazing craftsmanship. Amazing rubies. Absolutely gorgeous! I am speechless. Enjoy your work of art!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
This is so, so beautiful! A stunning ring created by masterclass artisans. This is absolutely going to become one of those highly sought after rings for many, many years to come - an heirloom of the future. She looks gorgeous on you, bold and beautiful! :love:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
This. is. spectacular.! You wear it beautifully, @elizat! I love the you shared the background and the progress pictures. It really provides insight into the level of craftsmanship necessary for these works of art. Kudos to your vision and patience!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2:Wow!! What a story and WHAT A RING!!
Truly sensational!
Thank you for taking us on your journey.:D

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my word! Perfection! It's got that old world charm! Just gorgeous!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a masterpiece! And she looks right at home on your lovely hand!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a stunner! It was a great choice to go with the rubies too, they are the perfect shade of red.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elizat You already know what I think. But I’m feeling rhymey tonight. So.

An unsurprising inspiration! Because -
a coveted ring, this Gilda was...

But emeralds, delicate, in yellow
your gorgeous diamond, I agree, would swallow

Now rubies! And such substantial weight!
An heirloom Sako would create
with *actually* pink-less, purple-less reds,
and patina to mask the metal spreads,
and profile low for daily wear -
hefty comfortable flair :love:

And after a year and a half of waiting
“I quite like it” without hesitating!!
Resplendent’s very aptly due
and happy Valentine’s to you ::)

+ a billion. This ring deserves a few poems!!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow this ring is jaw dropping and downright incredible!! I’ve always loved Gilda, too, but red is my favorite color so yours is my new fave!! Sako and his dad truly do amazing work!! All of the details, the stones, milgrain, center stone....in one word, PERFECTION! :kiss2:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resplendent is the perfect descriptor! Sako and his dad do wonderful work. Congratulations on this piece of art!

Tremsi

Rough_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful! I bet you smile every time you look at it!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really lovely! I read from the top and was thinking "I don't know about this plan..." Until I saw that amazing ring.

I took a screenshot but it's not like I can walk in somewhere and say "Make me one of these!" :mrgreen2:

AMRose

Rough_Rock
What a wonderful piece! Such incredible craftsmanship by Sako and his dad. Loved hearing the story.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular, stunning. I'm especially fond of unique pieces particularly when those pieces have a great history.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really outstanding work! Those rubies!!! :love: Gorgeous ring!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lindy520

Rough_Rock
Fantastic finished ring and fascinating project! Love the whole thing!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@elizat I have fangirl'd over your collection so many times, but this ring? Just...wow. Gilda's emeralds are gorgeous, but this is just so lush and romantic. I would love to see a picture of it in the sunshine someday so we can see how those rubies glow, because I'm sure it's incredible.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous @elizat ! I was just admiring this ring on Insta this morning!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I missed this thread yesterday, but saw your ring on Alex's instagram page this morning and remembered seeing your new avatar last night. I am speechless! Absolutely gorgeous!!

Thanks! I sent it to him, because I think he likes to see where his stones end up at times! He approved of it. Thank you for the nice comments! I decided I could have an avatar again instead of a nothing blank. :lol:

Stunning!! Amazing craftsmanship. Amazing rubies. Absolutely gorgeous! I am speechless. Enjoy your work of art!

Thank you so much! I do like the rubies and am glad I went with them.

This is so, so beautiful! A stunning ring created by masterclass artisans. This is absolutely going to become one of those highly sought after rings for many, many years to come - an heirloom of the future. She looks gorgeous on you, bold and beautiful! :love:

You are making the ring blush! I really appreciate it and am glad folks can see and appreciate the work that went into it as well. Sometimes, projects take longer than anticipated but when you really think about what went into and why, it makes sense. I feel like this one will be in heavy rotation for me.

This. is. spectacular.! You wear it beautifully, @elizat! I love the you shared the background and the progress pictures. It really provides insight into the level of craftsmanship necessary for these works of art. Kudos to your vision and patience!

Glad you enjoyed the background and progress photos too! I think they are quite interesting to see myself! Spectacular, we'll take it!

:kiss2:Wow!! What a story and WHAT A RING!!
Truly sensational!
Thank you for taking us on your journey.:D

Thank you and thanks for coming along to see it!

Oh my word! Perfection! It's got that old world charm! Just gorgeous!

Thank you for the sweet comments! She's a little moody and broody with old world charm.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2590C1CA-7D4F-4B12-A7FE-B6EE2071CCAC.gif

Holy guacamole! :kiss2: Your new ring is amazing! The rubies are seriously the most perfect color and they really bring out the white in your diamond. I’m dying for all that chunky goodness! Please share more pics of this beauty.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a glorious ring!!!! Looks absolutely perfect on your hand! :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG that is a stunning ring! I love the color of the rubies, and profile, everything. This is one of my favorite rings!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
What a masterpiece! And she looks right at home on your lovely hand!

Thank you! I feel I have a chunky hand and chubby fingers. I'm always a bit envious of the tiny fingers I see here!

That is a stunner! It was a great choice to go with the rubies too, they are the perfect shade of red.

Thank you! I like the rubies too!

+ a billion. This ring deserves a few poems!!!!

She did a good job on her poetry! I am terrible at it! Thank you!

Wow this ring is jaw dropping and downright incredible!! I’ve always loved Gilda, too, but red is my favorite color so yours is my new fave!! Sako and his dad truly do amazing work!! All of the details, the stones, milgrain, center stone....in one word, PERFECTION! :kiss2:

Yes, I think so many love Gilda! He has done, I think, 2 or 3 Gilda settings, but those were all in emeralds, so this was different. Thank you for the sweet comments!

Resplendent is the perfect descriptor! Sako and his dad do wonderful work. Congratulations on this piece of art!

Thank you! I felt it was an appropriate way to describe!
Your ring is so beautiful! I bet you smile every time you look at it!

Thank you- I am really pleased with it and find myself taking quite a few photos! :bigsmile:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Really lovely! I read from the top and was thinking "I don't know about this plan..." Until I saw that amazing ring.

I took a screenshot but it's not like I can walk in somewhere and say "Make me one of these!" :mrgreen2:

Ah, thanks! I guess it does maybe sound like a big deviation, but I felt it would work and I'm glad it did. Yes, make me one of those may be a little bit of an ask!

What a wonderful piece! Such incredible craftsmanship by Sako and his dad. Loved hearing the story.

Thank you and glad the background is interesting- some folks are probably like lady stop talking and just show the photos!

Spectacular, stunning. I'm especially fond of unique pieces particularly when those pieces have a great history.

Thank you! You have a very special piece coming your way shortly too!

Really outstanding work! Those rubies!!! :love: Gorgeous ring!!!

Thank you- he did a fantastic job all around!

Absolutely gorgeous and spectacular work!!

Thank you- the man should be blushing from all the compliments, but the recognition is deserved!

Fantastic finished ring and fascinating project! Love the whole thing!

Thanks for following along with the project story and the sweet comments!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results